• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Castle Fight: Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23

SpasMaster presents...

full

INFORMATION

PROFILE SYSTEM

NEW RACES

TERRAIN & LAYOUT

NOTEABLE CHANGES

CREDITS

Origin
Castle Fight: Forever is a project based on the popular map "Castle Fight", created by geX. It is important to note that this map branches off from the original Castle Fight and not from some of the other projects that have surfaced throughout the years such as Castle Fight EU, Castle Fight SL and such. The project has been on and off development since 2015. Here is the original thread.

Gameplay
Castle Fight is a game where you create buildings in your Castle. These buildings automatically spawn uncontrollable units that automatically move toward the enemy Castle. The Player must strategically choose the right units to properly counter his opponent. This is achieved by utilizing the Attack/Armor types in Warcraft III which make certain units very strong against others. The goal is to cooperate with your allies to turn the tides of battle in your favor and destroy the enemy Castle.

Castle Fight: Forever & Castle Fight by geX
A major goal of Castle Fight: Forever is that it will not try to change or re-balance the original CF races. I have tried my best to achieve maximum authenticity, in such way that the original races would feel and play the same as they do in the original map. This does mean that there will be no balance changes to the 10 original races. This map, however, will focus on expanding the original by introducing new races and new features. Here are the most important new things to expect:

A total of 8 new races.
Save/Load Profile that carries progress through games.
New Modes such as Sudden Death, Increased Legendaries & more!

It is important to note that since this map was created from scratch (excluding Object Editor Data), there are several features that will be missing compared to the original, specifically the AI-controlled workers which will not be present at release. If you think you can help with making that happen, check out the recruitment thread for the task.
Profile System (Save/Load)
In Castle Fight: Forever, all of your games will be recorded in a Profile UI which will display Wins, Losses, Win Ratio as well as Experience you gain each round based on your performance.

These stats will be available per race as well as a Total, which would be the combined stats from all races:
full
full

Race
Description
full
Nerubian
Nerubians are an ancient race of highly intelligent arachnoids. Among their ranks can be found strong and resilient beetle warriors as well as intelligent and powerful spellcasters. In either case, the Nerubian army relies on overwhelming their foes with their high numbers and resilient units, while having access to various poisons and infectious spells.
full
full
Nature
This race is a union of forest creatures that fight on the side of life itself. The forces of Nature bring the living embodiments of storm, wind and stone into battle. Their high healing makes them a difficult foe to take down, while natural disasters slowly follow in their wake, to bring any opponent to their feet.
full
full
Elemental
Storm. Earth. Fire. Water. The elements of the Elemental Planes are magic incarnate. These beings are masters of spells and destructive magic while being immune to poisons and necromantic abilities. Elemental units are strong, but expensive and need time to form a powerful army, but are extremely dangerous once their powers combine.
full
full
Draenei
The Draenei are a faction of uncorrupted eredar who fled their homeworld of Argus to escape the corruption of the demonic Burning Legion. Their affinity to magic, paired with their devotion to the Light and their difficult past of exiles makes them a very resourceful and versatile opponent, with brave warriors, powerful spellcasters and strong healing.
full
full
Mercenaries
Thieves, murderers, bounty hunters and rogues. Such are the ranks of the Mercenaries, who value money and getting the job done above all else. These dangerous foes will put all the dirty tricks to use and will hire the worst, most villainous killers to stop anyone who stands in their way to glory and riches.
full
full
Desert
The inhabitants of the deserts of Uldum and Silithus are ancient beings who have recently revealed themselves to the rest of the world. Crawling out of forgotten tombs and temples, they are now on their conquest for flesh and blood. These are ancient spirits and forgotten beings brought back to life, who bring forbidden spells and unseen creatures onto the battlefield.
full
full
Trolls
The Trolls of the Gurubashi Empire rule the southern jungles and prey on their unsuspecting enemies. Theirs is a culture of ancient rituals and tribal sacrifices to the Blood God. They have tamed the vicious beasts of the jungles and included them in their fearsome ranks. The trolls fear no enemy and harness the dark voodoo magic to their will.
full
full
Chameleon
A mysterious race that can imitate other beings. They have been reported to have brought together armies of various different races. Little is known about their nature and origins at this point.
full

full

Below, I will list some of the most noteworthy changes and additions that come with Castle Fight: Forever.

General
  • The new Save/Load Profile System.
  • Bribe's Damage Engine has been implemented to handle damage events and modifiers.
  • Build Times have been added at the tooltips of each unit/building.
  • Quad Damage has been removed.
  • A new item has been added to the Main Castle: Rod of Cleansing.
  • Various icons have been changed.
  • Several Game Modifications will be absent from the game:
    • AI along with all of the associated commands (-fill, -afk, etc)
      ("As previously mentioned, I was never able to recreate the worker AI.")
    • Caging (-ca)
    • Units Only (-uo)
    • No Artillery (-na)
    • No Air (-nai)
    • No Treasure Boxes (-ntb)
    • No Specials (-ns)
    • No Items (-ni)
    • No Legendaries (-nl)
    • No Rescue Strike (-nrs)
      ("I see the 'No X' modes as detrimental to the game by taking away tools and options from the players.")
    • Lumber Limit (-llX)
    • Stable Mode (-sm)
    • Nukes
Original Races
  • Night Elf Assassin & Royal Assassin ability reworked.
    ("The original ability based on Wind Walk was causing an awkward behaviour where the assassins would change lanes and ignore many units. Their new ability retains their spellcaster/backline-killing theme and role, while ridding the unit of the previous behaviour.")
  • Power Plant now greatly reduces the duration of negative effects on adjacent buildings.
  • Greater Frost Launcher now hits 3 buildings instead of being AoE.
    ("Probably the most noteable change which affects building placement decision making more than anything else in the game and for the negative according to many.")
  • Models "broken" by Reforged have been fixed.
    ("Several classic models like Chaos Gunner, Gyrocopters and Tanks were changed after Reforged. This is fixed in Castle Fight: Forever.")
  • A couple of High Elf building models have been changed.
Will be updated over the next days. Full credits will be posted upon map release

Models
---
Systems
---
Art
Other Help
---

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Greetings. There was a long hiatus with my project, indeed.

I am sorry that I didn't post there that it's not actually abandoned. But I've always been active on Hive and would have responded to PMs and such.

Either way, I think there are few options ahead of us, which we can discuss to see if we agree with eachother on certain topics. :)

I suggest we discuss this over Discord where it's more convenient. Here is my ID: SpasMaster#1140

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.