• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Casting illusion twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi Hivers, I met a little problem with dummy unit.
In my map i make a small illusion-casting system. It uses a constant dummy that cast illusion spell for all hero's illusion spells.

However, when I want to make two or more illusions using two continuous Unit Issue Order, the dummy only casts once (through several tests, it obeyed the last order).

So, how can I use the dummy to cast more illusion in one trigger? And since this problem comes up, will there be a situation when 2 heroes need illusions at a same moment but only one appear?

Level 15
I don't think a unit can cast multiple spells at the same time. Even if you set cast point to 0 it does not work. I think you need more dummies. I would probably make a dummy system, that reuses created dummies and creates new one if all dummies are currently casting. That way you will not have too many dummies and still be able to cast more spells at once.

Level 10
Thanks for yout infomation guys. It seems i failed casting twice on one unit due to facing angle. The dummy spell has 9999 casting range so I thought i dont need to move the dummy unit. This causes the dummy to cast only once when it is not facing the target.

@Flux: noce system. I will implement it when i went back to my old project. My system is in GUI, but I still cannot return LastCreatedIllusion yet, (sometimes a illusion skipped through the system's detection)

Status
Not open for further replies.