• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] cast time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i would like to know how to construct a script that has a cast time..

for example casting a spell needs cast time.. this spell is a target spell so "flame strike" spell is not aplicable.

any suggestions?

Level 7
@DSG
if im going to do that, within the casting time the hero can move freely without canceling the chanel

@defskull
what i mean is, the spell im making is "with target", thus flame strike is an Area target so thats not what i really wanted

@rysnt11
if im going to increase cast time to 2(or anything except 0), i cant move my hero while casting (try it to see for your self)

@Maker
please tell me how..

Level 17
So you want a channeling spell but with no stand still channel spell?
At least you must give the unit a buff to check whether the unit is on channeling or not
Do you know razzil darkbrew in dota?
See the first skill?
Do you mean the same skill like that?

Level 33
From what I'd understand, you want your unit to have a "cast time" for a spell, that he can at the same time, move freely without channeling the spell ?
A test map is attached, and it is fully MUI

@rysnt11
You can use Boolean of TRUE/FALSE for a channeling/non-channeling state of a unit, instead of using Buff, which is totally has its limitation of usage.

Attachments

• Delayed Non-Channling Spell.w3x
    13.8 KB · Views: 70
Level 7
From what I'd understand, you want your unit to have a "cast time" for a spell, that he can at the same time, move freely without channeling the spell ?
A test map is attached, and it is fully MUI

@rysnt11
You can use Boolean of TRUE/FALSE for a channeling/non-channeling state of a unit, instead of using Buff, which is totally has its limitation of usage.

nope, i want the channel of the spell to be canceled whenever the unit moves/attacks/or casts another spell or whatever.

Level 33
You said it yourself, you want that unit to freely move, but doesn't want to cancel the channeling spell, and then you said if that unit move/attacks/casts, it will cancel the spell, WHAT THE F?

if im going to increase cast time to 2(or anything except 0), i cant move my hero while casting (try it to see for your self)

Or, you just want a simple casting animation ?
As Maker said it, base the spell off of Channel, you can time the casting spell with casting animation of that unit in "Data - Follow Through Time" I guess
Or maybe the "Data - Art Duration", between those 2, try experiment it
Set your casting time as same as those 2 data above:
Data - Casting Time = 2 seconds
Data - Follow Through Time = 2 seconds
Data - Art Duration = 2 seconds

Level 7
now i found the Channel Spell..

BUT..still the same as other spell, i placed 2 on casting time, then tested the spell, by the time my hero is casting, I CANNOT CANCEL ITS CHANNEL

Status
Not open for further replies.