• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

art - animation - cast point problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
art - animation - cast point:
it a time needed to cast a spell before a spell is start effect.

Question:
-but how can i have different "art - animation - cast point" for different ability in same unit???

let me example in other way...
Unit > Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)
The amount of time it takes a unit/building/hero to go through half the physical movement necessary to cast a spell. If the unit/building/hero has no animations for casting spells, the time set in this field still applies, but there will be no viewed physical movement. This field combines additively with "Art - Animation - Cast Backswing" to form the total time taken to physically cast a spell.
(get from http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/uniteditor.php)

For example:
i set the value to 1.000 (meaned 1 seconds)
when ur hero cast a spell like storm bolt, the hero have to play the animation enter in field "ability > art - animation name"
after 1 seconds, the storm bolt missile art only come out and shot to the target unit.

so
Every skill/spell will follow the "Unit > Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)" value.
But
What i want is every skill/spell have specify "Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)" (time to wait before start the effect)

--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 11
let me example in other way...
Unit > Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)
The amount of time it takes a unit/building/hero to go through half the physical movement necessary to cast a spell. If the unit/building/hero has no animations for casting spells, the time set in this field still applies, but there will be no viewed physical movement. This field combines additively with "Art - Animation - Cast Backswing" to form the total time taken to physically cast a spell.
(get from World-Editor Tutorials Site)

For example:
i set the value to 1.000 (meaned 1 seconds)
when ur hero cast a spell like storm bolt, the hero have to play the animation enter in field "ability > art - animation name"
after 1 seconds, the storm bolt missile art only come out and shot to the target unit.

so
Every skill/spell will follow the "Unit > Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)" value.
But
What i want is every skill/spell have specify "Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)" (time to wait before start the effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.