• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cast time and me D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As any experienced Editor will know, cast time on a spell is the amount of time before the unit begins casting the spell not the amount of time after begining that the spell's effect shoots off.

This is my problem.

In my trigger, I want to place some text above the unit whilst casting is taking place, ie. whilst cast time is being waited for, however, I can only seem to refer to the spell's start with the "Unit begins casting an ability" event, which means the spell's effect will do either of these:
-If the spell has cast time, it will wait the cast time, then the text will appear saying it is currently casting, ONCE the spell's effect has shot off.
-If the spell has the cast time removed, it will shoot off the effect whilst the text still says that it is casting.

Does anyone know how I can have the visual effect for the spell begin when I declare it should inside my trigger.

Yes, I am GUI bound.

Thanks for reading.

Level 4
If you place cast time in the object editor then do not use "begins casting a spell". Use "starts the effect of an ability" because that only triggers after the cast time AFAIK.

Level 4
Well,
"If you place cast time in the object editor then do not use "begins casting a spell". Use "starts the effect of an ability" because that only triggers after the cast time AFAIK."
Just plain had the same effect D:
But with
"Something like this?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/p....php?id=btn3hp"

The editor told me I didn't have access to certain trigger functions, making me wonder if my WE could be out of date, or that you use a different WE?

Thanks anyway guys, I'll look into the WE thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.