• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] cooldown beginning during casting time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
normally when a spell has casting time, the cooldown of the spell sets in right when the casting time is over and the spell sets in, right?
how can i make that the cooldown allready starts when the casting time begins?

Level 33
Offtopic
This mechanics can be applied to differentiate between Nevermore's ultimate (Requiem of Souls) and Crixalis' Ultimate (Epicenter)
When Nevermore starts channeling its spell, the countdown for cooldown doesn't even start yet, but when Crixalis starts its ultimate, the countdown for the cooldown starts immediately
I always wonder how to do this, and now I understood :)

Level 7
thx guys
i did it by using bloodmages flamestrike as base ability
the event for the actions was "unit finishes channeling an ability" or whatever it is called in english

Level 11
Offtopic
This mechanics can be applied to differentiate between Nevermore's ultimate (Requiem of Souls) and Crixalis' Ultimate (Epicenter)
When Nevermore starts channeling its spell, the countdown for cooldown doesn't even start yet, but when Crixalis starts its ultimate, the countdown for the cooldown starts immediately
I always wonder how to do this, and now I understood :)

Starfall???

Status
Not open for further replies.