• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Carrion Swarm Unit Spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
This is an example how to trigger it.

• Dummy Carrion Caster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Carrion Swarm
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Temp_Point2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Carrion Dummycaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Add Carrion Swarm Dummy for (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add 3.00 Seconds expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Carrion Swarm Dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm Temp_Point2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)
  • Create Carrion Spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to Carrion Dummycaster
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Zombie for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
You can set the damage to 0 for main ability and remove animation, the levels set for the dummy ability makes up for the animation and real damage. Any units killed by the dummy will create a spawn since its casting the ability that do the damage.

Dummy is a custom unit that has locust ability so it cannot be targeted, removed shadows animations and model is set to no model and 0.000 cast anim and such. This is used for spell purposes only and is invisible for players

Last edited:
Level 12
I think it's called:
"Unit - Add expiration timer"

You can set how long the unit will last before it dies.

I use this model called "bugger" under "Spawned Effects". It will show up as a green box if you place them in the editor (I think an error message pops up as well), but they are completely invisible in-game. Don't forget to add the locust ability, though. I'll look for a tutorial on making dummy units and edit it into this post if I find it.

EDIT:
Found the one I was looking for. There's step-by-step instructions for making a dummy unit.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ial-effects-manipulation-modification-168560/

Level 7
Ive just realized a problem, the dummy unit doesnt cast the ability when the hero cast the ability on a unit at the maximum cast range, tried increasing the range of the dummy ability to 800, didnt fix it, tried reducing the range of the hero ability to 600 but that also didnt work.

Any idea whats causeing this and how to fix it?

Level 12
Target Point turns into null for some reason if I recall, when you hit a unit directly.
A good way is to see wether target unit exist and modify point 2 accordingly.
I didn't know this. That is good to know.

Would it be possible to just give the dummy unit orders for both targets? One should just fail because of a null target, so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.