• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Opposite of Carrion Swarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
O, wow. Thanks a lot. What would I do without y'all? :)

EDIT: But carrion swarm with negative values doesn't seem to be healing anyone...

Level 4
yeah, i set the targets right. i can target people but can't heal.

a projectile system? can i just do this through some triggers? are there no other spells that i could base this off of.

maybe i could just do zero damage through carrion swarm-based spell and then all those people who took the zero damage (or .1 or 1) will get healed (preferably before they take the damage)?

(how do i delete a post?)

Level 33
It's easy when you want a damaging spell to turned to healing spell affecting allied unit
You're gonna change the "Stats - Targets Allowed" that includes "Friend" in it and remove the "Enemy"
But since Carrion Swarm spell does not even have "Enemy"-type target allowed on its default spell, the target of enemy is hard-coded engine (therefore, we can't just simply change it to "Friend")

This is indeed need a help from TRIGGER EDITOR

I have attached a test map for you to see how dummy works with this type of spell
Although, it's not MUI, careful @.@"

Attachments

• Simple Dummy System.w3x
    15.9 KB · Views: 82
Level 4
Well you made it work, basically, defskull. It just doesn't heal enemies yet.

I can't really follow your trigger stuff. I wish I could actually find a good introduction to all these acronyms (MUI, GUI, Jass, etc.) and how to use them. I don't know why Blizzard didn't make a how to manual for this program. At least I can't find one...

Level 9
If I might make a suggestion, maybe you could try using Crushing Wave instead of Carrion Swarm? Granted Crushing Wave is just a pallet swap of Carrion Swarm with the same effect it may allow more options for editing its targets, since its a spell added by the expansion.

I'll look into and post later. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
I found out something that may help. Carrion Swarm has Targets Allowed as: "Ground, Air".

But Crushing Wave has Targets Allowed set as: "Ground, Air, Structure, Enemy, Neutral".

This may mean its not as hard wired as Carrion Swarm, so trying make a neg value using Crushing Wave and see if it works.

Regards,

Jake

Level 4
Adiktuz, that's their decision, yes. I was wondering why they made that decision.

Anyway, how did you all learn the GUI, MUI, Jass, complicated trigger, etc. stuff???

Practice is the key my friend...

GUI -> the normal interface of the Trigger Editor
MUI -> means that the spell/system can be used by any number of units even at the same time without causing problems
JASS -> scripting language of Wc3 (GUI is converted to JASS when you save a map)

Anyway, its not really that carrion swarm has a hardcoded enemy target, coz setting Ground,Air actually by default makes the spell only damage enemies I think... [and yeah, the target system of wc3 is pretty much not good, some values there are self-explanatory while some work in weird ways... example: choosing self, will make your spell only be able to target the caster unless you also tick not-self]

btw, have you tried defskull's test map...

Level 4
Yeah, I looked at the test map.

Yes, I'd like it to heal enemies, too. Like the goblin alchemist's spray thing.

Level 4
Defskull, it's working great! I made it a three level spell and made the new graphic (life force wave) get bigger each level.

One question: I want to use this icon button but I already have a button with the exact same path name so I can import the new one with the "war3mapimported" text in front but I can't delete that front text. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.