• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you put a spellbook inside a spellbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Simply put, I want to give a unit the spell book ability to give it multiple spells within that spell book. But I want to make the spells I put in that spell book other spell books for the opportunity to give the unit a large variety of abilities. Is this possible? Because when I tried this it ended up malfunctioning and I want to know if it's even possible.

Edit: Can you change the hotkey for the cancel button? I'm trying to make this spell book system as user friendly as possible and comfortable/convenient hotkeys is a start.

Edit: Does the Base Order ID cause any complications that I should watch out for? Like does it have any side effects that could interfere with the game? Or is it just there just to be changed in order to have multiple of the same ability?

Last edited:
Level 1
Yea and you can make as much as you want. I once had 5 spell books inside of each others but then it's gonna be a mess... And also very unfriendly for the player.

Lol, I only need to do it once... Talk about inception.

One more question if anyone can answer, can you change the hotkey for the cancel button? I'm trying to make this spell book system as user friendly as possible and comfortable/convenient hotkeys is a start.

Level 1
No, by default the hotkey to cancel out of the spell book is the escape button :\

That's about as far from convenient and comfortable as a hotkey can get lol

Status
Not open for further replies.