• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

A Unit has the spellbook skill (in the book are many skills)

Can i add more skills in the book with a trigger?

So if anything special happens that his spell book gets a new spell... :vw_wtf:

Level 17
Hello,

A Unit has the spellbook skill (in the book are many skills)

Can i add more skills in the book with a trigger?

So if anything special happens that his spell book gets a new spell... :vw_wtf:

no, u cant add or remove ability from spellbook BUT if u disable a ability to player (example roar) and this ability also in spellbook then icon disapear from spellbook, look like this ability arent inside the spellbook, when u enable the ability its appear and u can use again.

also u can level up with trigger the abilities in spellbook but problem could be:

- u use more spellbook and u use same order id then all spellbook show same abilities (example have 3, then all 3 spellbook show what ability have in 1st)

for this u must use different base order id for spellbook (u can set base order id field in object editor)

- if u use same ability based abilities (example u do 2 chain lightning, each for 1 spellbook but both 2 spellbook at same unit) then again have bug

- also have a minor bug when u want use gui damage engine, then if u reicive hit from enemy then spellbook closed (only annyoing if u get hit often, because if spellbook closed too often then u cant use it)

if u want use more ability i advice the libram page's

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-0-0-a-193521/?prev=search=libram&d=list&r=20

i use both ability page system and spellbook, but spellbook only for rarly used abilities (example change multiboard, alliance system, unequip item etc so non combat abilities)

Level 4
i used the method from WaterKnight ^_^
Its a lot of work to add a skill and remove the previous skill if you have 16 spells but ok ^^ it works fine :D

Level 17
i used the method from WaterKnight ^_^
Its a lot of work to add a skill and remove the previous skill if you have 16 spells but ok ^^ it works fine :D

that right but why u want remove and add abilities?

something upgrade abilities or just because u got no space and need more ability?

i ask because i made similiar in begining, i made a ton of spellbook with different abilities (example 1 spellbook just for 12 passive ability all lv100 ability [because example at critical strike each level +1% chance]) but at end it was a pain when i used spellbook for combat abilities because that bug make unuseable spellbook in fight if i use gui dmg engine (so in my case i droped spellbook and choosed another way, with libram u can have more ability but u must shift the ability pages)

so if u dont mind to use gui damage engine or dont put active fight abilities inside the spellbook then its ok, else will be pain to you sometimes the spellbooks :/

Level 4
in my map its like this:

If you have 1 kill you get a skill
If you get 2 kills you get another skill.... and if i do Add the newe spellbook....there are 2 spellbooks... ^^ so i have to remove one ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.