• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
k, i wanted to create heroes which each have 3 skills, each skill being based of the spellbook skill (the one were u click on the skill, and a list of spells pop up)
sorta to make it like WoW were u can put talents in
so first, i made a mage.
the first skill i made for it was fire
which is a spellbook full of fire spells, and as u level it u get more fire spells
which worked great, was alot of fun to play,
then i decided to add the other 2 skills, same sorta things, one for arcane and one for ice
so, i test my hero
i put a lvl into fire, a lvl into arcane, a lvl into ice
i click on the fire book, to caste my first fire spell
the fire book has the ice and arcane spell in it aswell! i checked the other two, and they had also gained the spells from the other books
its like the books merged or sumthing once u put points into them
any way to stop this happening? or can u only have one spell book style skill per hero?

Level 12
the Base Order ID is what you need to change, if several Spellbooks have the same Base Order ID, they will stack into eachother

the default is Spellbook, and you can change it to anything, and the Spellbook will still function normaly

Status
Not open for further replies.