• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
You can make that Spell Book have many levels and for example
at level 1 it has firebolt
at level 2 it has firebolt and stormbolt
so you level up it with triggers and it appears to be gaining another ability

Level 12
Not related to the solution, but I see you're doing a 3v3v3v3 FFA aos too.

Have fun with the neutral behavior triggers. I'm 90% done with mine. It was a huge pain in the ass. If you have any questions on how anything works in a 3v3v3v3, just ask and I'll try to help you out as best I can.

Good stuff.

Level 12
Indeed, I actually chopped off that last team, because those neutrals were a huge pain. =/ They never stayed on course, bunch of insubordinate $&#@%'s.

Anyways @Need_02, what I am trying to accomplish is to have random abilities from a set of say, 20 abilities that will be randomly put into the spell book every 45 seconds, then when the added ability is used it disappears from the spell book. But I don't want to make like 5,000+ spell book levels to fit all the variations of spells that could go into it, know what I mean?

Level 12
The way spellbooks work is that they have a certain amount of ability slots in them.

You have to specify the high and low as the exact amount of spells in it.
So you could do multiple levels of a spellbook, where each level of spellbook adds a spell slot. So level 1 spellbook has 2 slots, level 2 has 3 slots, etc.

Then just add/remove spells as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.