• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I legally edit this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Nephilim by Cayle (Have you freaking heard of Cayle?)

I was cleaning my hard drive and i saw my warcraft modding folder. Took my chances at submitting this before I erase it.

Nepihlim is a half human half angel creature, venturing the mortal world to seek advise on her life's ultimate quest: to give up humanity and ascend as a full angel or to give up her angelic lineage and become human.

I knew it. Texture's gonna bring this baby down. guess it's gonna stay rejected until I get to learn how to texture.

I dunno, i gave up modeling coz of my 0 knowledge in texturing. That stupid excuse of a texture on that nephilim model was made via MS paint..

This person made a really great model, they seem to have really wanted a decent texture, and I really don't think we should let this thing sink. I'd like to give the texture a shot, but I don't even want to start unless I know I'd be able to use it in a map.

Cayle has not been on the site for years, and this model is only rejected because of the texture. I won't upload the resource, but if I can accomplish a decent texture I'd like permission to upload a map using this model with an updated texture, whenever this map is ready.

Level 37
From the General Resource Rules:

The use of external materials is only permitted as long as: (Applies to all resources except maps)

If they are released without terms / license, having permission from the author is preferred but not required, because the original author has full rights to have it removed.

It is explicitly declared in the description which parts were created by somebody else.​

Status
Not open for further replies.