• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaigns won't load after patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I downloaded the new patch just the other day and now I cannot load either my campaign or the standard blizzard DemoCampaign with the world editor.

I get this error: Trigger function does not exist in database: SaveGameCacheBJ

Then the worldeditor crashes and says:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: C:\programfiles\warcraft iii\worldedit.exe
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

Maps appear to be opened just fine, but both campaigns I have are broken.

Anyone have advice?

Darwin

edit: I tried reinstalling WC3. That did not fix the problem.

Last edited:
Level 37
Try downloading World Editor Unlimited.

I have the same problem, can't open my campaign with normal WE that was created with 1.23 now that I have installed 1.24. WEU opens the map just fine.

So you could open the map with WEU, delete the save cache trigger, and then open it with WE and try to recreate the chace triggers.

Level 14
Try downloading World Editor Unlimited.

I have the same problem, can't open my campaign with normal WE that was created with 1.23 now that I have installed 1.24. WEU opens the map just fine.

So you could open the map with WEU, delete the save cache trigger, and then open it with WE and try to recreate the chace triggers.

I'm a little confused; do you mean the save game cache triggers that are part of the normal GUI? I don't use Jass or anything fancy. Are campaigns not allowed to use save game caches in the new patch? I know they're still there in the drop down window.

I don't play WC3 on Bnet or anything, so I'm fine working in 1.23 for now. Do you think Blizz will fix this at some point in the future?

Level 6
I'm a little confused; do you mean the save game cache triggers that are part of the normal GUI? I don't use Jass or anything fancy. Are campaigns not allowed to use save game caches in the new patch? I know they're still there in the drop down window.

I don't play WC3 on Bnet or anything, so I'm fine working in 1.23 for now. Do you think Blizz will fix this at some point in the future?

You know, there is already 1.24 patch, and you'll have to change more things to make it work on 1.24=)

Level 14
It's better to download JNGP and you'll be able to use all AMSWE's features as well as many additional programs that will be imported to the editor after you fix the problem.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

I'm an old man at heart and don't have time to learn a new editing program I'm afraid; that's why I've avoided JASS. Is the JNGP just an addon like the WE unlimited? Or is it a completely different system?

I should have tested my campaign in 1.24 when I had it installed, but the DemoCampaign ran on 1.24 even though the world editor couldn't open it. My plan was just to finish the campaign in 1.23 and see if it runs in 1.24. Bad idea?

Level 6
1.JNGP is like an addon to WE, there are many programs in it that make many things easier/faster/mor safe(colored text, JASS (just explain,I know that you don't use it)), if you enable UMSWE in JNGP it will also open hidden models/icons for you which are not shown in original WE.Well,if saying shortly, it's something like pack of useful programs=)I have been using it for about year or maybe longer,and it's really useful.

2.Well, there is a pretty easy solution for making a map 1.24 compatible, there is a discussion of that:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/patch-error-140653/

Level 14
Has anyone else just tried to open the DemoCampaign after patch 1.24? I didn't use anything fancy; I reinstalled and manually deleted the WC3 folder to remove all campaigns. After the reinstall I still couldn't open Blizzard's own campaign.

Level 11
Personally, I don't use 1.24 patch, as I don't play Battle.net on Westfall.
Your patch, 1.24, is a test-beta patch, which is distributed from Westfall gateway on battle.net. I use 1.21b patch, the newest patch for all other gateways except Westfall.

Did you apply the patch to your warcraft via going to Battle.net, or downloading it from Internet as an application?

EDIT: Oh and by the way, if something which is associated with Blizzard core (I mean anything non-custom, made by Blizzard) maps or campaigns doesn't load or work, then you're very free to write a message via Email to their technical support team.
I'm pretty sure there will be that Carlos, if he says: "Due to the flexibility of World Editor triggers it is possible to create trigger that... bla blala lalabla... may blow up your computer... blah bla. For diagnostic try to run Blizzard firm maps or campaigns, to check if they were abso-bla bla-lutely alri..blah abalablaaaAA! Thank you for using our technical support... bla bla you.. please click this link to give me a rate", - one more time then he probably doesn't really exist.

Last edited:
Level 6
Has anyone else just tried to open the DemoCampaign after patch 1.24? I didn't use anything fancy; I reinstalled and manually deleted the WC3 folder to remove all campaigns. After the reinstall I still couldn't open Blizzard's own campaign.

Maybe campaigns don't load because you deleted them?))))))
Because everything works fine on my computer

Level 14
I'm sorry, that was written poorly. I uninstalled everything, deleted the folder, then reinstalled everything and logged onto Battlenet to get the latest patch. After all that I couldn't open the DemoCampaign. It gave the errors I listed in the original post. I didn't log onto Westfall... I don't think. I don't even know how, I played on the US west server.

I tried this on two computers (laptop and main) both PC. Something feels very wrong and scary.

Level 12
Personally, I don't use 1.24 patch, as I don't play Battle.net on Westfall.
Your patch, 1.24, is a test-beta patch, which is distributed from Westfall gateway on battle.net. I use 1.21b patch, the newest patch for all other gateways except Westfall.

Did you apply the patch to your warcraft via going to Battle.net, or downloading it from Internet as an application?

EDIT: Oh and by the way, if something which is associated with Blizzard core (I mean anything non-custom, made by Blizzard) maps or campaigns doesn't load or work, then you're very free to write a message via Email to their technical support team.
I'm pretty sure there will be that Carlos, if he says: "Due to the flexibility of World Editor triggers it is possible to create trigger that... bla blala lalabla... may blow up your computer... blah bla. For diagnostic try to run Blizzard firm maps or campaigns, to check if they were abso-bla bla-lutely alri..blah abalablaaaAA! Thank you for using our technical support... bla bla you.. please click this link to give me a rate", - one more time then he probably doesn't really exist.

Lulz. What a spam. Plus, 1.21b is almost 2 months now, and 1.23 is out as well. What was the last time you loged on to BNet?

Status
Not open for further replies.