• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Campaign Achievement Video Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
Stathisdjs was asking me how to solve some campaign achievements, so I figured I might as well record myself doing the achievements he (and others) were having trouble with (I have beaten the campaign on Brutal and done every mission achievement, many of them also done on Brutal even though they only require hard or even normal). So if any of you want me to do an achievement (or just beat a mission on brutal) and record it, then just post here.

I'll provide some commentary on what I am doing and why, and the game sounds and music will be off. I'll try to get it on medium graphics, but if my computer lags too much (screen recording hits your framerate a great deal) then I'll have to do low.

Stuff to do right now:

Ghost of a chance - Kill every unit

Stuff that's done:

Smash & Grab - Solve in 15 minutes or less, Don't lose any units to the stone guardians [Difficulty: Hard]

Welcome to the Jungle - All Achievements
Part 1
Part 2

Engine of Destruction (Brutal)
Part 1
Part 2

I'll be doing all achievements on their minimum difficulty since these tutorials are presumably for people who are having trouble on said minimum difficulty and don't want to attempt them on Brutal.

EDIT: I'll try to reduce the mic breathing every time I do a new one, since these are my first successful videos every so I'm still rusty.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Smash & Grab - Solve in 15 minutes or less
This is a guide line for completing it with no upgrades at all (upgrades like faster medic heal will make this easier).
A strong economy is important for this. I started by getting 2 workers onto gas (all remaining on minerals and get another on gas once mineral rate is decent) and then blowing all starting minerals on more SCVs, then building a techlab on the barraks when I can. For the first few minutes nearly everything should go towards SCVs. When the maurders come, defeat the stalkers then imediatly push on to the pylon and kill that as well as start raiding the next pylon (some units will try and attack you, fall back and kill them before tying again). In the mean time you are after building 1-2 medics, your economy should also be strong enough to get an engineering bay and start the weapon upgrade. Once the second pylon is dead, immediatly fall back to base as a zerg attack should be announced, your 4 maurders (any marines left) and medics will make short work of it, so now push on.

Ignore killing the cannons and pylons your side of the chasim, stand on the bridge and attack the photon cannon supplying pylons from the bridge. You can do this without getting attacked by senteries or the cannon. Finish off all resistance in the area (ignore harmless buildings) and fall back to base. In your base, you are now after irrecting 2 more barraks, one which will have a reactor and the other with another tech lab. Your active barraks should be spamming maruders with the odd medic all this time (why the strong economy is good). Remember to build supply depots in advance, lost production time can not be regained. Another zerg wave should come shortly, nothing too serious.

Now you are after sending your army to raid the protoss settlement, clean out all the stuff on the very left so there is a clear walkpath straight to the gaurds at the entrance. In the mean time get armor upgrade for troops and start spamming out from the 2 barraks maurders and medics (more maurders than medics) and from the reactored one marines. Also construct 2 bunkers at the entrance, banlings should attack soon with air support so the bunkers will give you the defensive edge to avoid losses when filled with marines. Keep churning out troops and pretty much wait (save and check time).

You should have 4 zerg attack waves worth of time atleast, but you probably have enough troops after the third one to win the mission (if you have both weapon techs) so push ahead through the cleaned out side of the base and raid the gaurds. Once near the artifact hit the circle and huddle in the left corner. This should allow you to kill the first statue with minimal losses and fully heal by the time the second and third meet up. Do not just attack move into them, the front row troops will survearly lower damage output if you do. Instead attack move, once all shots are fired normal move, then attack move after about a maurder's cooldown worth. Doing this will allow all your troops to fire at the statues so they will fall fast. Your screen should shortly give you the "achievement unlocked" message.

Keypoints for the achievement...
  • Fast strong economy.
  • Lots of maurders with medical support.
  • Weapon and armor upgrades for infantry.
  • Advance steadilly towards the enemy base so you can quickly walk near the last minutes to the end with no resistance (losses).
  • Ignore protoss reasearch points (although I am pretty sure it is possible even with the time limit, if you struggle you can always repeat after the achievement and get them).

Welcome to the Jungle - Don't let the Tal'Darim cap a Terrazine altar
I saw my brother playing this mission on hard and getting all 4 achievements (yes, there is a feet of strength) at once for it. He however chose this mission to be among his last so he had most mercs unlocked and all troops available to him fully upgraded thanks to the archive research money.
  • Use lots of vikings (they are more effective than unupgraded goliaths at anti air due to their long range).
  • Science vessles will help massivly reduce suffered casulties.
  • Siege tanks can be used to clear a beach head in the protoss base from down below thanks to long range.
  • A group of 2 upgraded dimondback tanks can rush in and kill the capping probes quickly and need not always die.
  • Establish map control ASAP so that just the protoss at the upper left resist you (makes stopping capping much easier).
  • Save regually, better micro might reduce losses (eg that void ray might not wipe your whole army out if you play the battle again).
  • Do not gather any terrizine, by whiping the base out you automatically win.

This is not aimed at purple poot, but at anyone having problems.

Level 40
Just encoding Welcome to the Jungle, then I'll do Engine of Destruction since it's awesome.

Edit: I just finished Engine of Destruction. Should be up in an hour or so since I have to encode it and upload it. Welcome to the Jungle is just finishing processing on YouTube.

Edit: Engine of Destruction is up, and with that I'm going to bed. Ghost of a Chance is both easy and long so I'm putting it off as long as possible--feel free to ask for more stuff (the videos are quite fun to make).

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I just tried completing Welcome to the Jungle on Brutal today. It was a real *****. It took a few tries, but I managed to get the Protoss Relics and retrieve 7 canisters successfully. I was limited to Marines, Marauders, Reapers, Medics, Firebats, Hellions and the Goliaths, though, with no Protoss tech upgrades yet.
I rushed for the upper Protoss relic early game (not the one that's near your base, that one is easy to get), took a few Terrazine canisters from the northern altars and left the southern ones for later, when the Tal'darim begin sealing two altars at once and getting High Templars and Colossi.
The trick I used with Colossi was to simply order my Marauders to put themselves in front of the Marines, Medics and Goliaths and aim the Colossus. Medics were easily killed so I took none with the Marauders, ending up losing one or two, but it was better than losing 10 units every time I faced a Colossus, which happened in the first few tries.
I could have earned the SCV achievement if I had been a little more careful, but at that time I was just aiming to find the Relics and complete the mission.

Did you replay the mission to get the achievements? I can't imagine doing achievements and getting the relics all on Brutal.

Level 6
I've done the Welcome to the jungle with A LOT of marines (more than 30) and of course medics as support. Marauders are good if a probe tries to seal the terrazine, send a marauder to kill the probe on a suicide mission then retreat (if the marauder survive). Wasn't so difficult. For me the hardest of all is to finish in less than 20 minutes the mission where you control the Odin and you have to get access to towers in Korhal (this is the only achievement I don't have)

Level 22
No, imtor. If you want it to be easier, turn down the difficulty.

Lowering unit life and playing brutal or whatever it's name means I want to increase difficulty. I dont know why you always want to make me look like an idiot /how to play vs terran, Brat_OK is terran (just so you know not Brat 'Okay but Bratok = brother in rus), now difficulty/, or you dont understand me.

I'll be stuck with just highest diff, wanted to go beyond that with unit life but nvm if i cant select unit handicap. I cant see the videos cause i dont wanna ruin the story for myself although i actually saw the movies :/

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Have you played The Great Train Robbery on Brutal? The first time I tried, I had all infantry units, except Ghost/Specter, and Hellions, along with the Diamondbacks, and lvl 1 upgrades. Today, I tried again, but I had Siege Tanks and unlocked tier 2 upgrades. Siege Tanks were my salvation; I couldn't have done it without them.

Level 40
The way you word things is very weird, hence why I thought you thought BratOK was weird (you said MorroW massed tanks vs him, then commented on MorroW's "massing tanks vs Zerg) and why I thought you wanted to affect your enemies' life ("their).

--

I'll do a video on GTR. It's one of the hardest and easiest missions (hard if you don't have your strategy down, easy if you do).

Level 22
actually, great train was fairly easy for me on brutal, i beat it on my first go. i even took the time to take out both kill teams before the last train. i also had the majority of my race tech unlocked.

just had around a 2:2:1 ratio of marines/marauders/medics, and a lot of diamondbacks.

actually, great train was fairly easy for me on brutal, i beat it on my first go. i even took the time to take out both kill teams before the last train. i also had the majority of my race tech unlocked.

just had around a 2:2:1 ratio of marines/marauders/medics, and a lot of diamondbacks.

Did like u, had a lot of diamondbacks who took down the train, while my MMM force attacked the gaurds! Piece of cake ;)

Level 3
I forget the mission name, but the colonist mission where you 'first' meet the zerg virus, its best to get reapers. The reasons for this is because; 1. reapers are pretty effective at destroying bases. 2. You can destroy bases at night and rush back if u get attacked. 3. You can micro all the enemy units except the infested marines.

I'm not asking for a video or anything for this one, but how would you go about getting.. ugh, what's it called. The last prophecy mission where you must hold out until all the Protoss are dead. The achievement is to kill 750 additional units. I think the achievement might be "Blaze of Glory", but I could be confusing it with something else. I'm just interested in a quick few sentences explaining unit composition, positioning, etc.

I could probably do it without help, but if help is being offered, I'm here to take it. >:]

Status
Not open for further replies.