• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video Tutorials

Level 2
Hello everyone,

I have made (and I am still making) video tutorials for the new galaxy editor, please find a list of my tutorials below. Any tutorial that does not have links to the tutorial listed is on livestream. All of the ones with links and all tutorials from now on will be on youtube.

You can find the videos on livestream here,
http://www.livestream.com/beider/folder?dirId=4c68b802-d583-4aa8-80f0-d2a5a2146d02

And here for the youtube videos,
http://www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyEditorTutorial

Basic Tutorials

• Terrain Editing: Basics (18 min) (Sorry, I forgot to talk about how to do roads).
  • Terrain Editing: Roads (2 min)
  • Editor Basics: Units, Doodads, Points & Regions (9 min)

Advanced Tutorials

Tower Defence Tutorials

• TD Tutorial - Step 1: Terrain & Regions (9 min)

WSAD Movement & Camera Tutorials

Custom Weapons

Last edited:
Level 2
Ey man, could you make a tutorial on how to revive a unit? As in

Event - A unit dies
Condition - Unit type is equal to ---
Action - (method on reviving unit)

I've tried about everythin I could think of. I hope you can figure it out :)
Sure can do that, you just want to revive a unit of that type right? If this unit is a hero, possibly with items it will take more work. So is it just a normal unit or a hero?

Level 2
I will do a video tutorial later, sadly no time for a few days.

However I made a working trigger, if you use "unit dies" event then put all the information about the unit into variables right away. Because if you have any "Wait" command the unit will be removed from memory before it is executed.

Respawn
Events
Unit - Any Unit dies
Local Variables
PositionOfOldUnit = (Position of (Triggering unit)) <Point>
OwnerOfDyingUnit = (Owner of (Triggering unit)) <Integer>
UnitTypeOfDyingUnit = (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) <Game Link - Unit>
Conditions
Actions
General - Wait 2.0 Game Time seconds
Unit - Create 1 UnitTypeOfDyingUnit for player OwnerOfDyingUnit at PositionOfOldUnit using default facing (No Options)

Level 4
can you make an tutorial (if you havent made it already) how to make an campaign with cinematics and quests?

thanks

Level 1
Hi i was wondering if you know ways to get the campaign units into your own map?

I have tried to copy but then only a part of the unit gets copied so doesn't work to well

Level 4
I dont know how to even change a units model, its way to easy only true masters can you it, and honestly i dont see how they can even figure it out X.x