• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Looking for a clever way to replace achievement book on heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hello,
at the moment each of my heros has a spellbook which shows them the achievements they got. Those achievements are a spell list in this book. When unlocked, I increase the level of the spell according to my likings.

Each achievement has two parts:
1) a dummy part which shows the level and the description and
2) an effect part which gives e.g. bonus stats to the hero.

Because of a cleaning up, I wanna give the achievement book to the backpack and remove the spellbook from all heroes.
Showing the dummy on the baclpack works fine but how can the hero get the +stats if I remove the spellbook from them?

I tried adding the (+stats-)skill as a hero or as a normal ability but both give me this strange icon without description:
passive skill without book.png

Perhaps I can do all of it an much easier way?

Thanks in advance!
Mc

Last edited:
Level 11
You can use chopstick's bonus mod BonusMod

function SetUnitBonus takes unit u, integer bonus_type, real amount returns real
-> Set the specified bonus type to amount for the unit
-> Example: call SetUnitBonus(GetTriggerUnit(), BONUS_DAMAGE, 100)

Status
Not open for further replies.