• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Cabalist by HappyCoackroach doesn't work in newer patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi all,
This model by HappyCockroach Cabalist only works in earlier patches, e.g. in 1.26, while in 1.30 and 1.31 it's for some reason broken and doesn't display.
(I'd contact the author of the model itself, but the model is 10 years old while he hasn't been on hive for last 3 years, so...)
It'd be fabulous if some of you kind folks were able to help out with it, coz it's one of the key units in my Araby sub-faction.

Level 20
It usually means a texture that it's expecting to be there is missing. I had to point some of these out when the patches were being tested on the PTR, but obviously you can't catch everything.

I determined this is missing:

"abilities\spells\other\frostbolt\E_Smoke_Anim256.blp"

The best suggestion I can make for this is to extract it out of the 1.26 MPQ and import it into your map/campaign so it won't be considered 'missing' no matter which version is played.

ED: eh who am I kidding. I just extracted it myself.

Attachments

• E_Smoke_Anim256.blp
    123.3 KB · Views: 16
Level 17
It usually means a texture that it's expecting to be there is missing. I had to point some of these out when the patches were being tested on the PTR, but obviously you can't catch everything.

The best suggestion I can make for this is to extract it out of the 1.26 MPQ and import it into your map/campaign so it won't be considered 'missing' no matter which version is played.

Cool, thanks, I'll check if it works and report back!

Level 17

Hi, I tried it - and it doesn't work.
I've imported this texture and gave it the path abilities/spells/other/frostbolt/E_Smoke_Anim256.blp
WE in 1.26, btw, doesn't seem to allow that path and warns of an error. I then tried 1.30 WE (smth I wouldn't do with the main map, but just as a test), and this time simply the model doesn't work.

So it seems I'm doing something wrong.
Wouldn't it be simpler if somebody just tweaked the Cabalist model to not use this texture? I very much doubt it's central to the visuals of this model.

Level 20
Well I suppose we can start by replacing all the forward slashes with backslashes (which I noticed what you posted is not even the same thing I posted originally).

abilities\spells\other\frostbolt\E_Smoke_Anim256.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.