• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug with negative spell haste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Type of problem:
wrong description or negative spell haste value for cleric.

Map Version:
GaiasRetaliation1_1n(2)

Description of the problem:
when you type -stats, the value of spell haste is indicated as -3% (dunno if it's really decreasing the spell haste or just showing like this).

(bugs only) How to reproduce the bug (if possible):
Pick a new cleric
up it to lvl 2
type -stats
check spell haste value (it'll be negative if you havent spent any point in agi)

Obs:
As i said above, i'm not sure if this negative value is just a output problem or calculation problem, there is no way to have a accurate test with it (at least i dont know).
Another point is that i found it at random with cleric, so i didnt test the other stats/resistences results for other attributes/classes...
Img bellow
65352302.jpg

This is a rounding error, which results due to WC3 not displaying real values in the hero main stats.
Your agility at level 2 should be base agi (2) + per-level-agi (0.3), so 2.3 is used for the calculation of haste bonus. Since your agility is only 2, however, the game considers this as a malus.
As soon as your agi hits the next integer value, the haste value should get back to 0% again.

Level 21
This is a rounding error, which results due to WC3 not displaying real values in the hero main stats.
Your agility at level 2 should be base agi (2) + per-level-agi (0.3), so 2.3 is used for the calculation of haste bonus. Since your agility is only 2, however, the game considers this as a malus.
As soon as your agi hits the next integer value, the haste value should get back to 0% again.

Does this also explain why after a some point the spell haste gains from agi turn very minor, or is it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.