• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

Level 6
Sorry for the double post but the bug above got even worse. Revived red and his corpse was still there, later on red tried to use the ank on himself. Caused him to go into an infinite life and death loop. Came back to life and died a split second later and just kept on happening. Even the wave being cleared didn't bring him back.

Level 13
That sounds bad indeed, especially because I have no idea how this could happen.. Can you give some more info on the situation/circumstances? Did it happen on the first reanimation? Maybe it had been caused by two reanimation processes at the same time? (borgo and ankh) I'll check this.

Level 6
-I was playing Borgo and Gortrek died. I went over to his corpse and used the ability to revive. He came back to life but his corpse was still on the ground. So there was alive Gortrek and then his corpse was still in the game as well. Later on red got curious and used an ank item on his own corpse. That caused the alive Gortrek to go into a never ending loop of dying and coming back to life. Would die, fall to the ground, get up again, and repeat. It never stopped even after the wave was cleared. Was annoying watching and hearing him die again and again xD Was only a problem because his corpse wasn't removed when I revived him with Borgo's skill.

-EDIT1- Screenshot attached and another bug

-EDIT2- Shadow word of pain bugged on Roryn the betrayer. When I cast it on him he'd get the affect of 3 skulls circling but he didn't take damage. I cast it again and there were more skulls but he never got the debuff and took damage. Kept casting and it did nothing but stack skulls swirling around his head. There were about 12 of them.

-EDIT3- (1) At the outro, the last cinematic the hero colors default to neutral if those players left before the game is over. Before I remember them all retaining the original colors even if they player left.
(2) The building by the water in chapter 2 where the wrecked boats are to the north, the berserker is able to jump inside and get stuck. (Screenshot below)
(3) A weird bug but first time I noticed it. The status board in the upper right hand corner bugged for one person. Usually it's constantly updating even life and mana but for Gortrek the slayer his health bar and mana froze. They never went up or down even when both were at full. They froze at about halfway. Not exactly sure what caused it but Alrik died and almost a second later Thordal left the game and that's when Gortrek's health and mana bar froze in the status board.
(4) Not sure if this was just when watching the game in replay or how it was meant to be. But when red died the screen panned over to the left and it showed him dying again. Showed him dying in 2 different spots. (Screenshots below)

Attachments

• Revive bug Edit 1.jpg
    Revive bug Edit 1.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Edit 3 (2).jpg
    Edit 3 (2).jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Edit 3 (4) part 1.jpg
    Edit 3 (4) part 1.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Edit 3 (4) part 2.jpg
    Edit 3 (4) part 2.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for these bug reports. I guess I forgot to take care of these bugs for v0.90, but I'll adress them in the next update.

- The cinematic color bug and building collision are easily fixed.
- I think reanimation might be buggy when two reanimations happen at the same time; like when the priest and engineer cast simultaneous reanimation. I think I can easily fix this too.
- As it concerns the other bugs, let's see.. maybe 0.90 has already fixed them..

Level 6
Bugs v.093

Just got done playing several games of the newest version

-Your bag can't pick up stackable items like potions and barricades. When you try nothing happens and there is no error message.

-I noticed after players leaving the next wave of enemies doesn't have a ping. I'm not sure if that is the cause but waves 8, 10, and 11 didn't display enemy portal pings. I only noticed it the wave after players left and can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

-Minor bug of Borgo's splash attack when opening the cages that have the riflemen, it damages them for the split second when they spawn.

-Noticed the berserkers corpse not disappearing after they left the game. All the other characters disappeared when the player left. Red left on wave 9 and his corpse remained for waves after.

Level 13
Thanks for the bug reports ELECTROLYTE.

- The bag-cannot-pickup-stackable-items bug is tough and probably I cannot fix it. Normal units with non-hero inventory, like the bag, cannot pickup powerup class items. However, stackable items are defined as powerups in the item system for the reason to make them pickable even if the inventory is full. If I fix this bug, you won't be able to pickup for example additional healing potions with a full inventory (which is even worse). So I think I'll have to leave this as is.

- Ping not working any more after players leave is strange. I'll have a look here.

- Splash damage hurting riflemans: maybe I can do a workaround to just heal him after he pops out.

- Beserkers corpse remaining in game is strange too. Gonna have a look here.

Level 6
Wave ending too soon

During wave 4 (Spiders) the next round started before all the monsters died. We were fighting the black widow mini boss and the countdown timer for the next wave started while it was still alive. I attached the screenshot.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_111614_132833_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111614_132833_01.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Level 6
The item drop rates seem fine. An update on the splash bug. I didn't notice it until now but borgos splash damage on enemies will also damage allies.

EDIT 1 (Update): The enemy portal pings on waves 8 and 10 still don't show even when no one leaves

EDIT 2: Just played a game on the hard difficulty and during wave 2 after a group wipe I was not revived when the round ended, nor could I be revived by a player or ank. Attaching screenshot if that helps at all. I got pulled into a group of enemies by a troll and for some reason I never revived. I did die once before that and came back to life with my ank. Also, I have 6 anks in my bag, not sure if any of those would affect it. (Just watched the replay there doesn't seem to be anything unusual that happened until then. I got surrounded and died)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Level 4
Bug
When you save a game and you have more than 1 energy crystal you will only load with one , happens in your inventory and sack .

Edit More bugs
- On hard we got wiped when we faced Royin but when we restarted the level we were behind a wave and faced Barney and Modrid's wave again and strangely enough after defeating them and their whole wave it skipped to chapter 3 .

- On hard on just before Barney and Mordrid's wave while still in the preparations / shopping phase Mordrid spawned a good 10 seconds before the timer was up . (quite a surprise )

- There was one save of mine which was corrupted / failed to load properly it loaded the wrong items . Sorry I don't have the save any more or a photo but if it happens again it will save it )

Last edited:
Level 6
Just wanted to combine and post bugs

-Loading only one of a stackable item on the hero or in your bag

-Wiping during the Roryn boss round restarts the previous wave but skips to chapter 3 after

-Barney and Mordred can appear before the round starts

-Borgo’s splash attack damages allies

-No portal ping appearing on waves 8 and 10 but monsters will still spawn. Now that I think about it there used to be 15 waves and wave 10 was the wave that spawned on you. There were no portal pings, could that be it? Wave 8 is the Cthulhu wave, it seems like they spawn near you. Not 100% sure.

-Sometimes the reaper is nearby message doesn’t go away after it is killed (The corpse stayed for a few rounds)

-On rare occasions heroes can’t be revived. Pretty rare bug and it’s impossible to revive someone. No revive ability, Ank, or end of a round and bring the hero back to life.

-Thordal the Champion loads have been loading with a legendary bow and blue armor. I’ve seen it twice already. Only with people who have a Champion load. A level 2 Thordal with barely any gear loads with legendary bows and blue armor. Attaching a screenshot, seems to be code related. Could be the same issue saving posted “There was one save of mine which was corrupted / failed to load properly it loaded the wrong items . Sorry I don't have the save any more or a photo but if it happens again it will save it )”

-The engineers snipers don't disappear after leaving and player barricades don't despawn either.

-Riflemen have the buff from the rangers hawk even when not summoned or a range is in the game

Edit 2: Any thordal hero spawns two random items on the ground and has a random inventory of items.
EDIT 3: Someone loaded from .92 and that bugged their code. Wasn't there a code wipe?

Attachments

• Thordal Bug Load.jpg
    Thordal Bug Load.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Thordal Bug Load 2.jpg
    Thordal Bug Load 2.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Level 6
-Just encountered a bug where if Thordal dies in avatar with an ank he comes back to life normally but with the health bonus from avatar. Went from 1.1k life to 2.2k not in avatar. It went away after using avatar again though.

-Long Staff of the Healer gives 90% healing power (if I did the math right) and I have a 12% spell power bonus from fire orb which should give me 102% instead of 79%.

Attachments

• Long Staff of the Healer.jpg
    Long Staff of the Healer.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Level 13
Again, ELECTROLYTE and savinguptobebroke, I have to say that you're both doing an awesome job in spotting all those bugs - this really helps me a lot to get the quality right.

The Thordal bug will be fixed of course. I've once spotted it by myself, but couldn't locate the origin. Now I got it. But it seems life gets corrected later on, right? Or is it possible to abuse it so that life gets higher and higher with each bug abuse?

Long Staff of the Healer actually is +67.5 Healing, this is also visible on your picture so I think it should be ok. The first value (22.5) is spell damage only (not spell power).

Level 13
As it concerns the save system, I hadn't done a code whipe so yeah, using old savecodes in the current version causes loaded items to be screwed up.

In addition, I just noticed that the save codes currently only support a max of 300 items since at earlier development stages I thought that wolud be enough. However, in fact, in 0.93 the total item count already is 307. And I guess it will be further growing in future so I'm gonna increase the save item max to 500 so that there is enough room for more cool items. That means, savecodes might get a bit longer and old codes probably won't be working in future updates.

Level 6
-The rifleman just happens to have the exact same aura it's not a bug as far as I know .

That makes more sense and you are right. Not sure how I missed that. As for the bug with Thordal it corrects itself after using avatar again. You still keep the additional life if you don't use it again. I didn't catch the spell damage tooltip, I assumed it was spell power. Silly me! Save codes becoming more complicated are a good thing as you move towards getting it out of beta, even if that includes code wipes =)

Level 4
Yeah, that's the pitty of being a beta tester. ;)
You work hard on farming good gear and chances are that all these codes won't be working any more after the beta.

That sucks level 9 Alrik all for naught :(
I guess that I'll play with Gortek in the next update for a change .

Falgrim's pet tool tip says that you may pick from 3 pets but there is four .

Not sure if this is a bug but when you wipe Visara's level you start from level 12 then you can face her again.

Question
Is there a delay to the activation of Alriks shield ?

Level 13
Thanks to Artcp, who has pointed out a possible way of cheating/abuse in the game using singleplayer mode:

When playing solo and loading multiple characters, the gold/ancient crystals that is loaded last is the one that counts. Being so, a player can have a single character with 8 crystals, start a game with all characters and save the 8 crystals for all of them. Furthermore, the place can use the 8 crystals to buy some epic items, save it, then use the already mentioned load/save to get the 8 crystals back and keep the equipment.

This issue is kinda tricky.
I have decided against the solution to use different types of save codes for singleplayer and multiplayer (because SP heroes should be used in MP).
Thus, since I haven't found any other decent solution for this issue, as a consequence, I have disabled the option to choose more than one hero in singleplayer.