• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

BnG_BugReports.png

Found a bug?
Report it here!

This thread is for any bug related discussion.

[TD]
BnG_Note.png
[/TD][TD]Please make sure you are playing the latest map version .
Otherwise you might be reporting bugs that are already fixed (version changelog) .[/TD]

Last edited:
not sure if it's a bug but ill post it here anyway, while you Defend[Q] if you use Character Menu[H], the defend animation stays there so it looks like you are still defending BUT you can get damaged with any skill/basic attack.

Thanks for reporting!

However, the whole combat system is being remade at the moment (will probably be implemented in the next update or one after that).
This means that I will also not be fixing bugs from the old system (as it will be removed soon anyway).

Level 19
super unbelievable freeze-game destroying bug:
you can test this in solo too, go solo, choose deathmatch mode, choose "Select Armor" modifier first and then choose "Instakill" modifier second, press ready, choose any armor, be amazed by my bug finding skills :)

EDIT:
in Blades 'n Gore II v0.97e bots never respawn, also if you choose Instakill modifier they don't get the Death Fang. (normal players get it though)

super unbelievable freeze-game destroying bug:
you can test this in solo too, go solo, choose deathmatch mode, choose "Select Armor" modifier first and then choose "Instakill" modifier second, press ready, choose any armor, be amazed by my bug finding skills :)

EDIT:
in Blades 'n Gore II v0.97e bots never respawn, also if you choose Instakill modifier they don't get the Death Fang. (normal players get it though)

Ah yes, armor selection is not supposed to be on with instakill setting.
Gotta fix those bugs as soon as I am not 100% occupied with other important deadlines (probably during the next week).

Level 2
Found a bug while playing in "Battle Zone" mode. It was a 1v2 game, I being alone as player red. When I died my character respawned somewhere to the left of that round-map, near the spawning area but after the pathing blockers on the mountains or near the small lake right underneath the mountains.
So I could not get out of there anymore only stroll around on the mountains and try to watch my enemies as they take the flags. I decided to try again and the same bug occurred.
Hope you know where the little bug-fella' is.

Found a bug while playing in "Battle Zone" mode. It was a 1v2 game, I being alone as player red. When I died my character respawned somewhere to the left of that round-map, near the spawning area but after the pathing blockers on the mountains or near the small lake right underneath the mountains.
So I could not get out of there anymore only stroll around on the mountains and try to watch my enemies as they take the flags. I decided to try again and the same bug occurred.
Hope you know where the little bug-fella' is.

Thanks for the bug report, +rep!
I'll get this fixed for the next map version.

I tried to edit post and got everything deleted so once more:

1. Does I can turn of shops, because even when I turn them off, I can buy items.
2. I select Warmup, select number of bots to exc 5 and then change it to boss mode, when I try to retun to warmup, I get message:
"NOTE: duel mode not avaible in single player."
"Note: bot threshoot is 1"
3. When I am on low HP and enemy units respawns it happens to I get selected it for short time.
4. Can you make when we finish one mode, to its options be automaticaly be saved, because if me and my friend want same game to there is not need for setting game options twice.
5. Once in 10 games, it can happen to I dont get bots even if I have selected them.
6. Also when for excample someone wins dm or warmup, can u make disabled for player 1 to reset came until message "CONGRATULATION" shows up, because if player1 do reset game, things can get messed up.
EDIT:
7. Playing warmup, I got throwing weapons(they didnt work btw), and anyway I won, after that without any changes started same game with same AI and same options, result I had that throwing weapons.

Last edited:
When I Respawn, i get stuck on the edge of the map near north waterfall ( Deathmacth )
:( :(
Thanks for the bug report!
I'll take a look at the terrain pathing.
I dunno if this is a bug,but when i press S,it opens the menu(the one beside the camera icon)
Huh? When does this happen?
During setting selection/character customization?
During combat?
Did you have character menu (H) open?
Ok, I dont know if this is a bug or not but in Boss Mode when in Arena each round finished, these 2 Acolyte units spawn and yet I cant understand their use. I cant click them so I guess... this is a bug?
Those are shops, you can just walk to the circles to buy swords or armor.
You can also use the hotkeys HA and HS at any time.

Level 13
I'll take a look at the terrain pathing.

Huh? When does this happen?
During setting selection/character customization?
During combat?
Did you have character menu (H) open?

Those are shops, you can just walk to the circles to buy swords or armor.
You can also use the hotkeys HA and HS at any time.

Yeah TQ ;) ;)

During the combat. The only open to me is the abilities.
Whoops, forgot to reply to this!
Do you have customized hotkeys or something similar?
Because in the map the only ability used with S is powerslam and the menu is only opened with H.

Notably in the 'Forest Pond' battleground area, bots sometimes get stuck on higher grounds via cliffs they cannot get off from when reviving in random places.

NOTE: To be safe, you may want to check other battleground areas with high grounds for this issue as well.

Ah, thanks for the bug report!
Were you playing the latest map version (0.98m)?
I couldn't reproduce the bug with testing and I can't really see any issues with the pathing either.

Can you point out exactly where the bots got stuck?

Attachments

• Forestpond_pathing.png
    Forestpond_pathing.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 339
Level 4
Can you point out exactly where the bots got stuck?

EDIT / UPDATE: It is the 'Battle Zone' area with this bot revival issue, not the 'Pond' battleground area. Pardon me for my error.

SCREEN:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=y0fjwn

Upper left-hand corner of the screen there, and a little over to the right from that corner, in the middle, right there too (not all the way in the right-hand corner area.) Hope that helps.

I'm going to mess around again and see if I can produce a screenshot for you. It would help greatly.

Last edited:
EDIT / UPDATE: It is the 'BATTLE ZONE' area with this bot revival issue. Pardon me for my error.

SCREEN:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=y0fjwn

Upper left-hand corner of the screen there, and a little over to the right from that corner, in the middle, right there too (not all the way in the right-hand corner area.) Hope that helps.

I'm going to mess around again and see if I can produce a screenshot for you. It would help greatly.

Ah yes, thanks for the bug report!

Yes the spawn region is actually too large for that terrain since it wasn't originally meant for random location spawns.
I'll have it fixed for the next version.

Level 4
This isn't really a BUG but a ERROR in the [F9] Dialog Menu:

Here is the Screenshot in the PasteBin below:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=310obq

It mysteriously happens to me too after so many saves of my map(s).

For future reference due to this rare occurance, I would save your [F9] info if you haven't already in a Text Document so you don't have to re-write missing texts if you're plagued with this scenario again.

Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, now I really found a HUGE Noteworthy -reset [CMD] Game Settings BUG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiT68WS1iaA

The above is actual HD Video footage (toggle HD) with in-game comments on what happened after I did the -reset [CMD] several times because I didn't want to wait until all the other BOTS were done killing each other.

I was practicing on LIVES Mode (to win without dying) and this is what happened after at least 2 mins or less between each -reset . . .

Regardless how often, this should never occur.

Very useful feedback, much appreciated!

This isn't really a BUG but a ERROR in the [F9] Dialog Menu:

Here is the Screenshot in the PasteBin below:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=310obq

It mysteriously happens to me too after so many saves of my map(s).

For future reference due to this rare occurance, I would save your [F9] info if you haven't already in a Text Document so you don't have to re-write missing texts of you're plagued with this scenario again.
Yes, this happens for some reason every now and then.
I'll get it fixed for next version again.

Alright, now I really found a HUGE Noteworthy -reset [CMD] Game Settings BUG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiT68WS1iaA

The above is actual HD Video footage (toggle HD) with in-game comments on what happened after I did the -reset [CMD] several times because I didn't want to wait until all the other BOTS were done killing each other.

I was practicing on LIVES Mode (to win without dying) and this is what happened after at least 2 mins or less between each -reset . . .

Regardless how often, this should never occur.
Ah yes.
Can you tell me what you were doing right before the last reset command?
Did you have skill menu or merchant menu open?
Did you die with a menu open and used the reset command before respawn?

This bug (setting abilities not being visible) usually occurs if the player has a spellbook ability opened while using the reset command.
I did add a function some versions ago that forces the esc key several times for each player upon reset to exit any active spellbooks.
It seems it didn't completely fix the issue.

Edit:
After taking a closer look at your video, it seems you were killed while you had merchant menu open.
So that explains the bug. I'll try to get it fixed for the next version.

Last edited:
Level 4
Possible New Issue(s) --- Your DDS Log:

Would you consider this normal behavior in your DDS Log?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=7wvlp5

I was playing against 1 BOT only when this occurred. I don't know how often this happens because I don't really have the DDS Log open most of the time, but something told me to keep it open today.

The fact this does occur is alarming.

UPDATE: I don't know if this matters or not, and it may sound silly . . . maybe too my ownage could be contributing to the issue? I was literally taking this bot down almost as soon as he resurrected each time.

Here is a Screenshot of my kill streaks in the Log:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=0vomnm

I played until 40 Kills to win - Deathmatch

Last edited:
Thanks for the bug reports!

Possible New Issue(s) --- Your DDS Log:

Would you consider this normal behavior in your DDS Log?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=7wvlp5

I was playing against 1 BOT only when this occurred. I don't know how often this happens because I don't really have the DDS Log open most of the time, but something told me to keep it open today.

The fact this does occur is alarming.

UPDATE: I don't know if this matters or not, and it may sound silly . . . but maybe too my ownage could be contributing to the issue? I was literally taking this bot down almost as soon as he resurrected each time.

Here is a Screenshot of my kill streaks in the Log:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=0vomnm

I played until 40 Kills to win - Deathmatch
Yes, this bug may sometimes happen with the damage log.
I'm not sure what causes it at the moment.

I'll keep this in mind and see if I can find out the reason.

A guy was playing alone with bots in ship area and one of the bots spawned in an area and remained stuck there:

Bot%20Stuck%20in%20Ship%20Area.jpg
He posted the pic on bng ii garena group but he was too lazy to come post the bug here so I did it for him.
Which map version?
That location has had a massive pathing blocker for at least the past 3 map versions.

Attachments

• Pathing.png
    Pathing.png
    675.7 KB · Views: 258
Level 19
I found a small bug when respawning and using the Drink ability.
The respawned unit is Invulnerable so the dummy cannot cast the Rejuvenation ability on the Caster.

This could easily be fixxed by allowing the Rejuvenation ability for Drink to also target Invulnerable targets.

I play BnG II with my friend and my friend wizardiceboy was disconnected so we replace him with a bot and start another Boss Mode, but something was happens... Look at the multiboard:

208902-albums5695-picture69845.jpg
Hmmh.. Always problems with the multiboard.

I found a small bug when respawning and using the Drink ability.
The respawned unit is Invulnerable so the dummy cannot cast the Rejuvenation ability on the Caster.

This could easily be fixxed by allowing the Rejuvenation ability for Drink to also target Invulnerable targets.
True, thanks for reporting.
This will be fixed in next version!

Level 30
Found a bug. I was playing Deathmatch with Level up Disabled but when our enemy got many kills he is Level 2 but us 1.

To add, in Deathmatch. Is it really allowed to buy Armors or no because I can buy armors so I dont know if this is a bug or not.

Found a bug. I was playing Deathmatch with Level up Disabled but when our enemy got many kills he is Level 2 but us 1.
Thanks for the bug report. Gotta check that.
To add, in Deathmatch. Is it really allowed to buy Armors or no because I can buy armors so I dont know if this is a bug or not.
Shops are enabled by default in deathmatch.
Player 1 can enable/disable shops during setting selection (it is one of the modifiers).

Level 30
Got a new bug. Been Playing BnG right now and discovered some bugs in the Multiboard. Sometimes it displays only the name of the enemy with no description if he deals damage or something.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BUG REPORT.jpg
    BUG REPORT.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 527
Got a new bug. Been Playing BnG right now and discovered some bugs in the Multiboard. Sometimes it displays only the name of the enemy with no description if he deals damage or something.

attachment.php

Thanks for reporting.
Yes, this bug occurs every now and then.
It seems the item widths are reset for the lower rows for some reason.
I haven't yet found out the reason for this.

Kita have some more bugs:
Thing where you gain spells over time is really buggy, hard to explain(maybe I have done it allready), but after I finish it and start it once again, I have throwing weapons on the start and soon(time is not speicific) timer get freezed and I dont get spells.(this hapens when I start it for second time).

2. Damage log:
Once I was playing with AI, prety well, I got 20 kills with out dieying so you can imagine how many times I taked damage and then healed, anyway when mutly board about damage log showed up, wow there was too many lines, and most of them at the botton were buggy showing this "eye" icon.

Once again I hope I helped you.

Kita have some more bugs:
Thing where you gain spells over time is really buggy, hard to explain(maybe I have done it allready), but after I finish it and start it once again, I have throwing weapons on the start and soon(time is not speicific) timer get freezed and I dont get spells.(this hapens when I start it for second time).
Did you finish it with a command like "-end" or "-reset"? Or did you play the round to the end and then started it again?

2. Damage log:
Once I was playing with AI, prety well, I got 20 kills with out dieying so you can imagine how many times I taked damage and then healed, anyway when mutly board about damage log showed up, wow there was too many lines, and most of them at the botton were buggy showing this "eye" icon.

Once again I hope I helped you.
Yes, for some reason the damage log bugs out very easily.
I haven't found the reason or solution for this problem yet.

Thanks for the bug reports!

Level 7
Players : Nabil_Legend (Me), Daffa_Mage
Play Via : LAN (Private)
Game : Deathmatch
Limit : 2000+ Hours, Infinity Kills, Infinity Lives
Zone : Battle Zone
Bug : AI has invulnerability permanently (happens to Bot 5, Bot 9, Bot 10, Bot 11)
Proof :
[1] Screenshot
[2] Bot 9 has over 30 kills without dying despite massive attacks
[3] Bot 5 and Bot 10 kill each other without result for all eternity
[4] Bot 9 was Invulnerable despite a long time has passed (Seen by Daffa_Mage while he was waiting for being resurrected)
How to Trigger :
[1] Play Death Match Mode - FFA
[2] Set Limits to very high number of limit to add possibility of being triggered during play
[3] Attempt to kill all Bots repeatedly, there's a possibility despite all attacks you use, the bot doesn't show any fatigue, if it doesn't show fatigue, then it's possibly bugged
[4] Get your hero killed
[5] Sort the weird AI, if it has Invulnerable, then it has the bug

Attachments

• Blades and Gore II Invulnerable Bug.jpg
    Blades and Gore II Invulnerable Bug.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 222

Zed

Zed

Level 7
I found a bug
I played Death Match after that i killed a bot and after a few seconds the bot respawned and after that it became permanent invulnerable.