• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Gaspode buffed by necros.
dotq3a.jpg

Level 3
I recently just returned since leaving when the Gaias project was dropped, and much to my surprise, and thrill I saw that Gaias had been revived! I downloaded 1.1L(3), but when I tried to start up a bnet game of it, it crashed during the loading screen.

Yes I do have all my settings (Including Texture / Light) on high. I can even open up 1.1e (The last version before the project was dropped). In fact I'm playing it right now.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I get fatal errors every time without fail. It loads about 3/5's of the way, stops, then crashes. I'm playing a Macbook Pro BTW.

I recently just returned since leaving when the Gaias project was dropped, and much to my surprise, and thrill I saw that Gaias had been revived! I downloaded 1.1L(3), but when I tried to start up a bnet game of it, it crashed during the loading screen.

Yes I do have all my settings (Including Texture / Light) on high. I can even open up 1.1e (The last version before the project was dropped). In fact I'm playing it right now.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I get fatal errors every time without fail. It loads about 3/5's of the way, stops, then crashes. I'm playing a Macbook Pro BTW.
If you set up all your game settings on high, try patching your warcraft 3 by logging in to bnet. Gaias runs on newest patches only.

@Tsumo/Vestra dispute:
Pull-resetting to trigger high duration cooldowns on bosses is not intended and will not be possible with 1.2 anymore, as all units will reset cooldowns after retreating.
This is not comparable to taunting the lady with a low threat character to get the mark - which is a clever and intended way to use a game mechanic.

Level 3
I just ensured I had the latest patch (1.26) by downloading it directly from battle.net. Just: Installed the patch, launched TFT followed by BNET, hosted my own Gaias game, started, loading screen went 3/5 of the way, stopped, then fatal error'd :(.

Level 10
I just ensured I had the latest patch (1.26) by downloading it directly from battle.net. Just: Installed the patch, launched TFT followed by BNET, hosted my own Gaias game, started, loading screen went 3/5 of the way, stopped, then fatal error'd :(.

Maybe you're playing on a Mac? That sometimes causes errors with certain WC3 maps. Next to that; what happens when you play other WC3 maps, the also crash or is it just this map?

Level 13
I
@Tsumo/Vestra dispute:
Pull-resetting to trigger high duration cooldowns on bosses is not intended and will not be possible with 1.2 anymore, as all units will reset cooldowns after retreating.
This is not comparable to taunting the lady with a low threat character to get the mark - which is a clever and intended way to use a game mechanic.

dw there's no dispute you pretty much covered what I would say. Glad to hear the cooldowns will be sorted though zwieb.

Level 3
Maybe you're playing on a Mac? That sometimes causes errors with certain WC3 maps. Next to that; what happens when you play other WC3 maps, the also crash or is it just this map?

Yep I am on a Macbook Pro. But as I stated prior, I am fully capable of playing 1.1e and ALL the versions that came before it (I started playing Gaias when it first was released). The project was retired though so I quit WC3, now there's been ~5 versions released since than and I can no longer play the latest version.

I've tried other maps - no issues thus far on those 4.

If it's possible to play Garena on Mac (Using Crossover), do you think that might allow me to play it?

Level 4
well i agree its op but kinda fair :) and not just meteor but revenge and bol dont you think :) anyway both ways is ok.

Level 10
Yep I am on a Macbook Pro. But as I stated prior, I am fully capable of playing 1.1e and ALL the versions that came before it (I started playing Gaias when it first was released). The project was retired though so I quit WC3, now there's been ~5 versions released since than and I can no longer play the latest version.

I've tried other maps - no issues thus far on those 4.

If it's possible to play Garena on Mac (Using Crossover), do you think that might allow me to play it?

I've no idea how that would work on Garena, you can try.
Only thing I can say about the crashes is that I know a lot of Mac users have issues with certain WC3 maps (I remember Castle Fight having a similar issue for Mac's but it got solved somehow). Can't help you much further, sorry.

Level 3
Just did some poking around Google based off that link you gave me Yuvixadun. By the looks of it, the issue is a texture / icon based issue that internally Macs can't process.

I know something like this happened last year when Zwieb made the Monk Mana Crystal Weapon icon. Without fail every Mac user would crash if they clicked on the Merchant or ANY ONE holding it in their equipped inventory.

I guess it's just that same issue reciprocated.. crap. Looks like Gaias is out of the question since I have no desire to bootcamp.

Last edited:
Level 8
Reset hero skills after end of combat?
Such stupid idea.. imagine, bol, meteor, every single trash mob group.
or in pvp (freeze -> meteror, run /out of combat and again freeze, meteor...)

Idea to reset boss skills is very good

I'm sorry that there seems to be an issue with Mac OS compat. Unfortunately, unless someone can find out the exact reason for this, I doubt there is anything I can do about it. Zone-fire-fixing random stuff would just make matters worse on the long run.
Did you try it on other machines or by running Windows emulation? Maybe this helps? Are there other mac users here that can confirm it is indeed a problem with Mac OS?

Level 1
Friend had a bug where everytime he loaded his code, he would get kicked out of game.
100% legit code, i know because we played together from 1-31.
This is his code (from the savehd command)
-load 1CxO-toY4-r6B5-dXMV-BKpk-fd7c-NXNx-Lqb1-wywa-UijW-vejk-2XQq-CP

*Edit*
When he made a game and hosted, he managed to load with his code. But the game kicked US out instead of him.

Level 4
Weird but has he tried to save with the "-save" comman ? if yes is the code the same when using "-savehd" command ?
Has he tried to load older codes from lower levels?

Level 1
Yeah he has.
Note that we played from lvl 1-32 in 1 game though.

We never did manage to resolve this issue, so all he could do was start a new character.
This was on garena, i thought it might be an issue with his username, so he made a new account too.
Now, its working fine.
I want to warn oeople though, having names with brackets or other unusual symbols can cause your ORPG load code to fail.

Level 1
something similar happened to me, I put the hero level 35 playing alone ... I copied the code load, when I tried to return to the game simply did not work (invalid code), it may be appropriate to improve the system save / load ... I changed my nick to play dota, but I think the problem was not that, because I could get into the old save lvl 28 ... no patience to level up again and maybe lose the code again ... back to dota and waiting a new version ...:ogre_icwydt:

:goblin_cry:

The save/load system works based on simple mathematical algorythms. There's nothing wrong with the system at all. I simply didn't optimize the system for every weird ascii symbol people would come up with in Garena.

When playing at the battlenet, only certain chars are allowed in the account name. For all those chars, it works just fine. Please make sure you don't use weird symbols or unusual characters in your accountname when playing Gaias on Garena.

Level 8
In Beta verson there is a bug with stash.
If You buy stash before performing class change it will disapear and You wont be able to buy it again.

Level 4
ASSASSIN

1)Ambush -> Level 1: Increases attack power by 5%.
Once you learn this ability you cant unlearn it. The bonus stays there even if you unlearn totally that talent (Ambush -> level 1)
Also check Perfidious Tricks -> Level 1: (Increases attack speed by 5%). check it cause it might be buged the same way.

2)Ambush -> Level 2: Removes movement speed penalty when stealthed.
i noticed that penalty is not fully removed. i still run a bit slower when i am on stealth mode. check it please cause i might be wrong.
BTW: on coming versions could you add Movement speed on *Stats* please?

3)Perfidious Tricks -> Level 2: Backstab also interupts the target.
I really dont understand what you mean here. Because backstab always interrupts the target since you can use it ONLY from behind (behind = stun).
So whats the difference now?

BERSERKER

1)Fury -> Level 4: Two-handed weapons may hit one additional target.
Well i didnt notice any difference... is it a bug or what? I tested in some ways but still dont understand how it works. for example i was thinking that i can
attack an additionl target behind me. but it didnt work like that.

CRUSADER

1)Tactics -> Level 3: Hateful Strike now also interrupts the target.
Hateful Strike stuns the target for 1 second anyway (stun = interrupt). So again my question is. whats the difference?....

RANGER - DRUID

1)learns Claw Strike twice
2)Nymph is buged. it cant heal.
3)Preservation -> Level 5: When using healing spells on other targets, the caster is also healer by 50% of the healed amount.
This skill works great with Remedy but DOESNT work at all with Nature's Blessing.
4)Druid and Hunter are the only classes who cant have all their skills. 2 skill slots are being filled with pet commands (attack/retreat) and i think its not fair.

Level 13
doubtful, stun and interrupt are two different things in gaias. Stuns interrupt most spells but not all, and leave the target stunned for longer durations, usually 1-2 seconds.

An interrupt is like Shield Bash, or the initial hit of a Meteor. Instantaneous, and interrupt nearly all spells. One example of a spell that can be only interrupted in this way is Lord Andrazzars Shadowbolt.

I like the idea of having MS on stats, that should have been done agesssssss ago

Level 4
I was testing around a bit and killed The Ancient One once. I focused on the ancient one and i killed the tentacle on the left side as sonn as it appeared, but I didn't hurt the tentacle on the right side. Some seconds before The Ancient One died, he summoned his tentacles again, but I didn't kill the left one like before because the boss was at low hp. Then The Ancient One died, the right tentacle disappeared like normally, but the left tentacle did not disappear, it just stayed there and kept using his spell until I killed it.

Level 4
I was testing around a bit and killed The Ancient One once. I focused on the ancient one and i killed the tentacle on the left side as sonn as it appeared, but I didn't hurt the tentacle on the right side. Some seconds before The Ancient One died, he summoned his tentacles again, but I didn't kill the left one like before because the boss was at low hp. Then The Ancient One died, the right tentacle disappeared like normally, but the left tentacle did not disappear, it just stayed there and kept using his spell until I killed it.

It happened to me also.

Level 8
Necro: curse of the vampire doesn't heal
dunno about upgrade but prolyl not work also and doesnt give this 3% mana.

Level 3
The Bug about mercenary after repick.

When I call a mercenary and -repick my code. I can't call another mercenary then.
this is the replay

Attachments

• No Mercenary after -repick.w3g
    115.3 KB · Views: 71
Level 4
I found a bug about the shaman mercenary: If you run through an uncleared dungeon (happened to me in d1) and you or an ally or the mercenary get hit, he wants to heal someone, but he doesn't if you keep running further away. He then just keeps standing there and looks like he is casting heal, but he actually doesn't, he's just making those moves. This goes on until you run back to the shaman or if he gets teleported to you because you are too far away or if he gets killed. In this case, using the retreat command doesn't help, because he just ignores it.

This also happened to me when I ran from Mytargas to the first ogre spot. A bandit hit me and the shaman was bugged again because I didn't stop running. Maybe that was because of the casting distance/range.

I hope I explained it clearly. I can upload a replay if needed.

Level 3
While the Monk's "Body and Mind" description state that "within 4 seconds", I notice that the buff last indefinitely until Monk use it on the next Heal/Soul Strike.
Endurance Level 3: Cooldown of "Stone Skin" reduce by 50%. Is this a mistake on "Steel Body"?

Level 5
If you repick while you have a merc (this happened when there were 3 players) you will be unable to re summon the merc or contract another one, it just says you can't get another merc because it will exceed the maximum.

Level 3
While the Monk's "Body and Mind" description state that "within 4 seconds", I notice that the buff last indefinitely until Monk use it on the next Heal/Soul Strike.
Endurance Level 3: Cooldown of "Stone Skin" reduce by 50%. Is this a mistake on "Steel Body"?

I found this bug about the duration of "Body and Mind" too.
"Stone Skin" is another new skill such as Sorceror's "Summon Water Elemental".

Level 3
So me and my buds found some pathing bugs while trying to explore the top part of the map. links here

http://i48.tinypic.com/ibmbgw.jpg - the start of the path

http://i46.tinypic.com/8vrxhk.jpg - the island in the middle

http://i49.tinypic.com/29o6e4n.jpg - the land after that

also the 2 bridges were unusable, as expected but we could pass through the mountains at the left side, also after the third pic we can still go further till the edge.

looking forward to 1.2
Thanks, didnt know that the rocks could be passed.

Level 13
I found a bug about the shaman mercenary: If you run through an uncleared dungeon (happened to me in d1) and you or an ally or the mercenary get hit, he wants to heal someone, but he doesn't if you keep running further away. He then just keeps standing there and looks like he is casting heal, but he actually doesn't, he's just making those moves. This goes on until you run back to the shaman or if he gets teleported to you because you are too far away or if he gets killed. In this case, using the retreat command doesn't help, because he just ignores it.

This also happened to me when I ran from Mytargas to the first ogre spot. A bandit hit me and the shaman was bugged again because I didn't stop running. Maybe that was because of the casting distance/range.

I hope I explained it clearly. I can upload a replay if needed.

I second this, hes been fun but a pain in the arse to use.

Also these:

The Protector never casts hateful strike.
The Protector barely casts feline, special conditions maybe?
The Protector constantly attempts to dispel gaping wounds, which it can't dispel.

S0ul's guess is that The Protector won't cast feline if hes debuffed by gaping wounds.

Golem boss never casts hateful strike

Last edited:
Level 8
-also, Golem boss still can be killed by blocking bridge and using range fire.

-iron drops for lower rank recipes and copper for betterones err.. i thinnk it should be swaped

-shaman merc run out of mana in no time and cast heal rly early, how about lowering start channel trigger from 90% to 80% and lowering mana cost?
and also making special triger for using blessing if target is below 33%

-all mercs recive stats by item level or hero stats?

Level 13
Another thing Zwieb:

The tentacles from The Ancient One, the zombies from Lord Andrazzar and the doppelgangers from The Shade all no longer despawn as they used too, which makes getting the drops quite frustrating.

Level 10
This one isn't a bug but rather a balancing issue. Druids might be slightly broken now with spammable Remedy. My suggestion is reducing it to the cooldown it used to have (once the channel is done you'll be able to switch targets) HOWEVER adding a talent that could decrease it's cast time in half or so forcing you to channel a target for a little bit, but giving you the option to cancel the channel half way through to switch targets (not instantly being able to switch but still quicker than the full channel) because as of now the ability to heal any target for 100 damage a tick instantly with no side effects and then instantly switch to another target is kind of over powered.

This one isn't a bug but rather a balancing issue. Druids might be slightly broken now with spammable Remedy. My suggestion is reducing it to the cooldown it used to have (once the channel is done you'll be able to switch targets) HOWEVER adding a talent that could decrease it's cast time in half or so forcing you to channel a target for a little bit, but giving you the option to cancel the channel half way through to switch targets (not instantly being able to switch but still quicker than the full channel) because as of now the ability to heal any target for 100 damage a tick instantly with no side effects and then instantly switch to another target is kind of over powered.
What exactly is the problem with remedy having no more cooldown? As the mana is consumed no matter how long you channel, i think it does exactly what it should.
Also, remember that there is no instant first tick so that kinda makes up for the missing casting time. Bishops will also get a faster heal in 1.2, which is flash of light.

Level 3
@Hawajska: Merc get stronger based on hero stat (just like any other pet).
Bard song is not working right. If I cast Song of Vigor, then my friend get out of my range and lose the buff, he will be become immune to song. Next time I try to cast Song of Vigor on him, he will gain str bonus but no buff status icon, and the str bonus will disappear in 1s. I don't have enough gold to test on Song of Peace yet. Bard's Song of Vigor on herself won't ever run out, of course, so she won't be affected by this. Though, I don't know what will happen if other Bard buff mine, or if I replace the Song.
Update: Repick Bard won't solve the problem, but I guess other player can repick to cure their deafness. May be it's some kind of powerful max volume rock that strengthen people, at the cost of their air drum.

Level 13
What exactly is the problem with remedy having no more cooldown? As the mana is consumed no matter how long you channel, i think it does exactly what it should.
Also, remember that there is no instant first tick so that kinda makes up for the missing casting time. Bishops will also get a faster heal in 1.2, which is flash of light.

The issue really is that it's made everything extremely easy, it might needa reduction in how much it heals or something.

Level 10
So I finally got the gold and MC's for a storage and I picked one up and I placed some items into it and we were attempting FL on D3. We wiped and I went back to town to grab some of my older non FR gear but noticed that the storage I had purchased had disappeared. I'm essentially losing the gear I placed in the storage to my understanding. I'm assuming it isn't supposed to do that and it is in fact a bug. This strikes me as a potentially game breaking bug which could affect save/load systems.

EDIT: This is a completely separate bug and perhaps not even a bug but something I thought I would address so you can further investigate and I figured I'd just edit instead of double posting. I have been farming a lot of D3 lately many runs within the same game and either it is COMPLETELY coincidental and unlucky or there seems to be something wrong with item drops. I've noticed that we have been getting a lot of duplicate items on runs. For example we ran Shade multiple times in the same game and he dropped the Defenders recipe 4 times in a row. We had similar experiences on Lieutenant he drops DH a few times in a row, as well as Harnesses a different game. It is very likely that this isn't even a bug but I thought I would address it regardless so it can be investigated further given the bizarre nature of the state.

EDIT#2: As for the Remedy needing a nerf I agree with what Vestra said. The way it currently is it makes the game super easy having spammable heals. My Remedy heals for 130 a tick I can just instantly cast it between targets. Remedy only costs 7 mana and I have 265 mana in total I think what would make it more balanced is if it costed more mana to use. As of now even with cancelling and spamming between party members I never run out of mana but if it costed more to use Remedy perhaps it would encourage players to wait for the full remedy channel and only switch targets if it is a must needed situation in order to save there mana pool.

Last edited:
Level 13
think of it as instant mend ticks zwieb. Maybe up the initial casting cost to something like 11, or more even

Level 10
I was attempting to cast song of vigar on the party I managed to successfully cast it on everyone but when I tried to put it on the assassin in our party it just instantly went off.

EDIT: in a separate game it appears it wouldn't stay on Shapy's Necromancer either. I casted it on him simply to test it.

EDIT#2: I think I figured the issue. I went to town to sell items after I had had the song of vigar on the party and when i returned I couldn't replace it on any of them. Since the ability of songs has changed for as long as they are near me it remains on them I think me leaving the screen and trying to reput it on them is causing a bug on it.

EDIT#3: When I got song of peace as well i was able to put that on a target then put back on song of vigar and it worked. Having both songs seems to have sort of fixed itself.

EDIT#4: Song of peace can be placed on summons

Last edited:
Level 9
the health increase talent for crus is heavily bugged, if you get debuffed most the time your hp goes to 4 if you have that talent

Status
Not open for further replies.