• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i dont know if this is a small bug or not, i just inform you.
If you press the button for Berserger Rage (berserker skill) while out of combat the skill is not being activated but you lose mp.

Level 6
EDIT4:
BUG 1 description/real values mismatch
Ensnare skill:
Duration: 10s
Cooldown: 20s
Ensnare description : 12 seconds

Upgraded ensnare:
Duration: 16s
Cooldown: 20s
Ensnare description : 10 seconds
*i guess the unupgraded version is intended to be 10secs
probably using the original Aens Dur1 tag which is 12s (Orc Raider Ensnare)

BUG 2
about the rejuv potion reported earlier having 0 cooldown , why does it have 0 cooldown?
i think i know why, the rejuv potion skill was set to 0 cooldown, but Item itself is on the same cooldown group as mana potions, so it will stay as 0 cooldown unless you use a mana potion

BUG 3
another glitch was the shade doppels. the planeshift doppel disappear was easily doable.
there is one that happened, 2 doppels disappeared, 1 ranger and 1 cleric i think, dunno how it happened.

BUG 4
Burst of Light double proc Monk 28 spellpower healing around 400 hp, displaying 190-200 green numbers

Last edited:
Level 5
I was suggested to ask here Zwieb, abt whether or not yyou got my pm, since this is second one and I have a feeling you don't recieve them, also sent box shows empty. If you haven't received anything from me, lemme know please how you prefer I do t, un-publicly.

I get dozens of PMs every day and I don't answer or read them all.

Feel free to post your issues in the bug reports section, if they contain 'real' bugs that have not been reported yet.
For the sake of peace, I've read your PM and as you can see, the 4 merc bug has already been reported, so I kind of did not take any value out of the message.

For the XP arena issue, I'd like to see a way to reproduce it. So far I couldn't get my bag to gain XP by killing players.

Level 5
Well I wouldnt read dozens of pm every day either :). I just thought it not a good idea to report bugs here, make the moderators cut them out in case and whatnot, and chance a contagion, and bring a CW closer, if the bug truly exists. Abt the bug it's most likely some hack, we thought you'd be able to point that out for sure whether it i even possible or not for BP to ignore character xp and gain xp on their own. Thanks anyway.

Level 5
Does the code I PM'd indicate any signs of just simple hacking? I'm not sure really..
I will allocate some time and ask arnd team members to help me with it to test arena again. We did yesterday but to no avail. Please tell me if this circumstances would be fine:
A 33 lvl any type of char (in hopes that he hypotheticaaly gets to 34 and BP gets a point), on team blue e.g. killing repeatedly other chars between 32-36 on team red (the closer to 33 the better right?). If there IS xp being gained, is the "slower xp rate after lvl 30" still being applied to the killer for killing us.. so we have to do it many many times to make sure?

Level 3
check the "Demoralizing Shout" AP reduction again plz.
It seems reduct 15% without Vigor Talent Lv3 like this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_013113_170807_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_013113_170807_01.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 176
  • WC3ScrnShot_013113_170818_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_013113_170818_02.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 124
Level 6
Frost Cage talent of Necro doesnt increase duration by 10s.

Also, Frost Cage duration seems lower on targets with water resist. Intended maybe?

Level 6
like when u drop an alternative armor from ur stash ur hero loses the "look" of the armor on it but the armor is still in ur inventory giving all the things, all u lose is the look of it but u just need to drop the armor and pick it again is not big deal rly

Level 6
i dont know i find it cool and not big deal really just imagine a cru/serk tanking naked, so bossy

Level 9
Dosnt really need to be fixed, I think its actually kind of a cool feature to. Dosnt really afect game play, and allows us to customize how are chars looke ven more =D, simple solution if you want to se eit though is drop armor, and pick it back up, not hard, and easily fixed in game.

Level 10
I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but for whatever reason if you are using a Pheonix you can not break people out of ice. Xen said that has always been the case about Pheonix he thought that everyone already knew that I guess he figured the need to never tell anyone about it and just assumed that's how it was supposed to work lol. It seems like a rather odd bug to experience. You simply can not attack the person who is frozen even after the invulnerable wears off. the only thing I can think of is something with the fire proc sword and the ice proc of ice block lol

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but for whatever reason if you are using a Pheonix you can not break people out of ice. Xen said that has always been the case about Pheonix he thought that everyone already knew that I guess he figured the need to never tell anyone about it and just assumed that's how it was supposed to work lol. It seems like a rather odd bug to experience. You simply can not attack the person who is frozen even after the invulnerable wears off. the only thing I can think of is something with the fire proc sword and the ice proc of ice block lol
This doesn't even make sense. :/
There is not a single trigger in the map that prevents people from attacking...

Can you make a replay?

Level 10
Absolutely we are in a game, when we finish it I'll save it and edit it to this post I'll also try to reproduce it a few times throughout the game

EDIT: Replay is now attached to this post. Sorry for the long replay for it. I attempted it multiple times throughout the game. Our first encounter was during our first or second shade attempt when someone got frozened and I tried to break them out. I attempted to do it consistently afterwords during D3 and other shade runs.

Attachments

• Pheonix_Bug_IceBlock.w3g
    611.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks. I checked the video and can confirm the bug.

Is there an error message popping up when trying to attack? Or does the hero simply cancel the order for no apparent reason?

I'm having my doubts this issue is because of Phoenix, because, well, all items in the game are just special effects and simple item abilities...
But I'll test it anyway.

Have you tried attacking the caged target with phoenix put into the backpack?

Level 10
Whenever I try to attack the ice blocked target my hero simply cancels the order for no apparent reason there is no message or anything. I just attempted the issue again while placing pheonix in my backpack and just using my fists to break ice and I can confirm that it did work. I will attach a reply to this post showing me hitting a teammate out of ice with no pheonix on. I hit the player out of ice at the very end of the game within the last minute or so.

Attachments

• Attacking_IceBlock_No_Pheonix.w3g
    307.5 KB · Views: 26
Level 6
phoenix just have a high chance of it occuring, it happens to other weapons like venomous keeper. It happens when you suddenly get that orb ability when extra damage procs

Level 10
I'm in a game right now and I've been hitting people out of iceblock with my druid who is using venomous keeper with no problems knocking them out. I have never had a problem with venomous and ice block in the past, but it would make sense if it is the procing chances on the weapons.

Thanks for the further testing. This helps alot.

Seems the bug is indeed related to proccing items (I assume its not only Phoenix, since procc effects are not hardcoded), which is kind of weird, but I'll check all the possible connections.

I think it's something with Warcraft III's orb abilities. After all, orc abilities activate/change attack indices ... I think there's a difference in available targets that prevents the units from attacking as soon as the orb ability is there. And since the orb ability remains until the procc fires once, it's only natural it happens all the time with phoenix, but very rarely with other weapons (that have a lesser chance of proccing).

Level 10
Apparently the problem with pheonix and potentially other procced weapons also doesn't work for trying to hit people out of sleep (i.e. dazing trap) however if I backstab the dazed target I can in fact break them out. It's just with the auto attacking on the target.

Level 5
@Zwieb: The bug we were talking about seems to come from minions kills. The credit for testing goes to Rattz on Garena. According to his test, ranger's wolf minion did give exp and he upgraded the TT, yet he claims it won't get loaded even if u save it. Thankfully seems a lesser bug.
Also wanted to ask, is Blazing Flame's spawns' attack meant to be magic to be able to penetrate Banish state of Plane Shift, cuz to me there seems to be no point in difference of attack type here, due to your game's own way of attack/armor system.
Thirdly, Fireball and Multishot used by mobs, can target thief class in stealth mode, and also breaks their stealth where thief himself hasn't broken it by any means yet. If it's intended, nvm, but if not, would be appreciated if fixed.

Level 6
Spawns have physical attacks. THey should not hit while invis. If it is partially coded to deal damage, i dont see any damage event to trigger the code.

Level 5
You misunderstood me. Spawns' attack "type" is magic, hence in systematical warcraft they can attack you when you are in Plane Shift (which is essentially "Banish" effect, like that of Blood Mage, human hero in TFT classical) with bishop, which means -100% aggro kinda doesn't work on them with a simple stun effect.. in other words they don't care, they still attack you while Plane Shift.

Zwieb, I'll add a fourth bug. I checked Gaias folder in WCIII direction today, andto my great amusement, yet high surprise, there were random folders with some saves in it. Folders were named all by name of players I have played with, so I guess sometimes -save Can very probably add codes/folders to wrong player hard disk.
No common specification I can think of is shared with these people, just perhaps it could happen in games with certain number of players, or perhaps characters of same basic class in same game.
I've got 4 irrelative folders:

Someone's: thief saves all the way from 11 to 23
Someone's: dudu 34
Someone's: zerk 25
Someone's: crusader 35

Pretty weird.

Level 10
Hey Zwiebel can you please read my private message to you. Vestra and I might have discovered how to do a game breaking exploit bug.

You misunderstood me. Spawns' attack "type" is magic, hence in systematical warcraft they can attack you when you are in Plane Shift (which is essentially "Banish" effect, like that of Blood Mage, human hero in TFT classical) with bishop, which means -100% aggro kinda doesn't work on them with a simple stun effect.. in other words they don't care, they still attack you while Plane Shift.

Zwieb, I'll add a fourth bug. I checked Gaias folder in WCIII direction today, andto my great amusement, yet high surprise, there were random folders with some saves in it. Folders were named all by name of players I have played with, so I guess sometimes -save Can very probably add codes/folders to wrong player hard disk.
No common specification I can think of is shared with these people, just perhaps it could happen in games with certain number of players, or perhaps characters of same basic class in same game.
I've got 4 irrelative folders:

Someone's: thief saves all the way from 11 to 23
Someone's: dudu 34
Someone's: zerk 25
Someone's: crusader 35

Pretty weird.
Plane shift is not banish. The wc3 spell has nothing to do with it. It's not even involved. Its just the effect that looks similar.

About the save codes, I think its something on your end or a problem with your hosting method.

Level 5
They do have a tanker to attack, which is at melee range of them and attcking with heroic on, always. The only reason they attack me is cuz I shield that same tank, which is their preferred target, yet this happened many times now: Plane shift always gets aggro off completely with all undead waves and even bosses, to my experience, yet the efreets simply don't care, at all. Thing is, the only reason i got plane shift was for FL minions in the first place, it's quite meh, that it don't work on them for some random reason. And I been in both positions, tank and shop, and the tank simply has to do best effort to gather back aggro from shop. If it is not intended to be so, then I think it needs test and fixing.
And about the wolfie bug, any updates?
Thanks previously.

EDIT: Sry Ves, the first guy who told me was Rattz, but sorry for misinformation or something, not intended anyway(if we talking abt same bug).

Level 6
you should use shield before plane shift, and the tank should have more threat generated than you on all the spawns. If you still think it is a bug, post the replay. Anyway, you are missing the point. When a unit is invisible and have incoming non-aoe projectiles, the unit wont get damaged. After you got out of invisibility, you will be targeted if you still have top threat.

Plane shift does not make you invisible or invulnerable. It simply deletes all threat and nothing more.
(Just so you understand the tooltip: "partially invisible" means you become transparent, but the mobs can still see and attack you)

So its only natural that you get attacked if something else causes threat to you during the shift duration (most likely mend ticks, crippling curse, etc.).

Plane shift will get an invulnerability component in 1.1n to make it more useful.

Level 5
Ok thanks. Bug reports are not my favorite section of forum, either. It's just with waves, it is as if they make u invisible yea, they completely turn to someone else even if they have to walk back, and the transparency made me think it's banish effect. Point made.

Level 10
Does the heal work for necros curse of the vampire? I don't seem to notice it at all

EDIT: if it does work is it possible to make it show with green numbers? If it does work I dont think it shows that

Last edited:
Level 5
Blame Vestra for encouraging me back to bug reports :) Two more here:

1. In Squire's class quest, if someone from below arena gets the challenger mob's (champion or warlock) attention somehow, they won't disappear after squire is dead. Next time squire enters to retry the challenge, he will be faced with two.. Spartan hard :).. it Was kind of fun to watch my friend get blasted to kingdoms come by 2x fire novas, no probs there.

2. After one run of ogres/d3 , some units that respawn, seem to hold grudges from the last run. At the lower area where 2x 28 lvl Ogre Brutes are, the basher-brute trio group almost aLways, will aggro you if you come try to hurt the shaman on the upper right. This especially happens, with Attack command of mercenaries and mostly due to the basher on the right, sometimes he is the only one who notices you.

Same thing has been seen many times at d3 mobs, the Skelly Mage group right before Andy, call the Revenant/Basher group further to the below/right many times. But more rarely, as I seen it happen only once, the Rev/Mage/Basher group on the short way to Lady, also aggro'd us in one game when trying to kill the archer/skelly trio right before it. We weren't seen, it seemingly is AI glitch.

Blame Vestra for encouraging me back to bug reports :) Two more here:

1. In Squire's class quest, if someone from below arena gets the challenger mob's (champion or warlock) attention somehow, they won't disappear after squire is dead. Next time squire enters to retry the challenge, he will be faced with two.. Spartan hard :).. it Was kind of fun to watch my friend get blasted to kingdoms come by 2x fire novas, no probs there.
It's basicly a bug caused by exploiting the quest. I don't really feel like fixing it. :/

2. After one run of ogres/d3 , some units that respawn, seem to hold grudges from the last run. At the lower area where 2x 28 lvl Ogre Brutes are, the basher-brute trio group almost aLways, will aggro you if you come try to hurt the shaman on the upper right. This especially happens, with Attack command of mercenaries and mostly due to the basher on the right, sometimes he is the only one who notices you.
Happens when a mob respawns in mid-fight. Haven't yet found a good solution for that. However, it should go back to normal after killing the linked creep camp and leaving them alone until all of them respawned.

Same thing has been seen many times at d3 mobs, the Skelly Mage group right before Andy, call the Revenant/Basher group further to the below/right many times. But more rarely, as I seen it happen only once, the Rev/Mage/Basher group on the short way to Lady, also aggro'd us in one game when trying to kill the archer/skelly trio right before it. We weren't seen, it seemingly is AI glitch.
So both situations happened only once and you are saying it "could be seen many times at d3 mobs"? :ogre_icwydt:

The distances between mob packs at D3 are sometimes very small. Please remember that when pulling mobs, it doesn't matter wether the mobs can see you or not, only the pure distance to the target matters.
Sometimes, the standard AI of WC3 messes things up aswell. I didn't find a way to totally disable it.

@S0ul:
It works. I just didn't add the green numbers because they would totally spam your screen and will get annoying at times.

Level 5
Seen many times by all -> Mage group before "Andy" calling Rev group into fight

Happened once -> Rev group on short way to "Lady" come up to help the bridge group.

Thank you for explaining it at least.

It's basicly a bug caused by exploiting the quest. I don't really feel like fixing it. :/
What did I tell ya Ves-chan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.