• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Type :problem
Version 1.1d
Guys can someone solve my problem?
I soloed for 3 hours on version 1.1d and got a ranger lvl 21.When I saved I got a code.The problem is I can't load my hero when I play in Garena with friends.The code is always incorrectand I checked the code 5 times it is correct!!!!!!!!!!!
*Sigh* ... It's starting to get on my nerves.

You either changed your name or made a mistake. There's no way the save/load can fail, as it was tested THOUSANDS of times.

Level 3
Type of problem
Bug(item) or Tooltip(item)

Map Version
1.1d

Description
1) Hammer of Wielding, bought from Blacksmith Targas (Mytargas) doesnt give the displayed +5 agility bonus.
2) Heavy chainmail, crafted (recipe bought from blacksmith, Riversdel) still doesnt give the displayed +2 atk power bonus.

Level 4
Type of problem
Bug(item) or Tooltip(item)

Map Version
1.1d

Description
1) Hammer of Wielding, bought from Blacksmith Targas (Mytargas) doesnt give the displayed +5 agility bonus.
2) Heavy chainmail, crafted (recipe bought from blacksmith, Riversdel) still doesnt give the displayed +2 atk power bonus.

Also the Blacksmith's Revenge it only gives +15 attack damage and tooltip says +18

Level 1
*Sigh* ... It's starting to get on my nerves.

You either changed your name or made a mistake. There's no way the save/load can fail, as it was tested THOUSANDS of times.

Sigh; your fail. I have been playing this ORPG for a while and the old version released two months ago before the city save code does not work with the new version. I had a thief and when I saved I would take a screenshot of the wc3 screen.

I would then open it up and write it in notepad always keeping a backup of my previous code to prevent mistakes. If I load the version from two months ago it works fine however if i load the most recent one it doesnt. This leads me to believe its not "our" mistake its yours. Please fix.

Last edited:
Level 3
Sigh; your fail. I have been playing this ORPG for a while and the old version released two months ago before the city save code does not work with the new version. I had a thief and when I saved I would take a screenshot of the wc3 screen.

I would then open it up and write it in notepad always keeping a backup of my previous code to prevent mistakes. If I load the version from two months ago it works fine however if i load the most recent one it doesnt. This leads me to believe its not "our" mistake its yours. Please fix.

Ahahahaha! This is too funny! I love how ignorantly foolish you are for being so naive as to not even read the release forums and then, A) Call out Zwieb when he created the map, and B) Complain that your 2 month old code doesn't work, when it has been CLEARLY AND EVIDENTLY pointed out that there was a CODE WIPE in this most recent version.

Hope this helps! *Insert sarcasm* :)

Level 2
Problem

Anytime that i speak with guildmaster of Thiefs, to get the quest to change class, i get DeSync(in cinematics). My friends have this error too. Any suggestion to solve?
Edit: I loved the map. :)

Last edited:
Level 2
*sorry for double posting, but I thought since this was a separate issue, it would be appropriate*

Type of problem:
Bug (D3)

Map Version:
v1.1b

Description of the problem:
In D3, if someone decides to be funny and kills Gaspode before starting the waves, the dungeon can't be reset. We can't figure out any other way to revive Gaspode, so we have to remake every time it happens.

Type of problem:
Bug

Map version:
v1.1d

Similarly, if you are a squire and are wielding a 2hand weapon, splash will kill allies like Casmir and Gaspode if they stand beside you and are down to their last bit of hp.

Another one:
Type of problem:
Bug

Map verison:
v1.1d

Clicking on camera interrupts character actions.
How to reproduce the bug:
Make character fight two people, or channel spell, or use rest. In the case he fights two people simultaneously, the character might switch target.

My cleric got mauled to death by giant wolf while i was typing this.

Last edited:
Level 1
Type Bug
Version 1.1d
I found two more bugs in 1.1d and I duno if u fixed them in "e" version so I will post them
Firstly there is a bug with Sanev.I can't post a screenshot so I will explain exactly what I did.
I was playing with my thief lvl 15 and I wanted to steal from Sanev.The first time I tried I was spotted but escaped before he can kill me .Then I tried for the second time and I got killed.When I tried for third time Sanev was staying in his normal spot and was permanently Invulnerable.He didn't move nor attack.My friends have spotted the same bug but with a bandit next to the entrance of bandit's cave.
Another bug is with the mobs that have the skill "bash"
When I played with my beserker lvl 32 and soloing ogres.I approach the ogres and when they strike bash I started going back to town.Then the ogres continued to bash me untill I was dead

Level 2
...Another bug is with the mobs that have the skill "bash"
When I played with my beserker lvl 32 and soloing ogres.I approach the ogres and when they strike bash I started going back to town.Then the ogres continued to bash me untill I was dead

quoted from Zwiebelchen: - Bash mobs may be buggy
please read "List of known Issues".

Level 1
Type of problem:
Bug

Map Version:
1.1e

I've been going straight to the score board everytime i load.

(bugs only) How to reproduce the bug (if possible):
Sorry, I dont understand what this is asking

(desyncs/disconnects/crashes only) which 3rd party tools were used (listchecker, hostbots, maphacks, etc.)? Which OS were you running?
Mac OSX 10.6 / Gaia Bot

(crash only) Crash log:
none

Level 2
Type of problem:
Tooltip

Map Version:
v1.1e

Following Items type are misspelled.

Robe of Fire Protection (Clothl)
Robe of the Magus (Clothl)
Samura's Vest (Leatherl)
Vest of Fire Protection (Leatherl)
Bandana of the Sun Lord (Clothl)
Ghostly Hat (Clothl)

Then a question about;

Bandana of the Sun Lord
Type: Cloth, Armor +7, Attackpower +4, Evasion +3%, Life +50, Int +2

Is it supposed to be Cloth? Im thinking Leather.. (Not sure if Monks can use Cloth or if its leather tough..)

---------------------------------

(This was found in single player)

Type of problem:
Bug?

Map Version:
v1.1e

After killing the Fire Lord in D3 i went outside the dungeon and did the reset, Then when i got back to where you are supposed to summon him, The glowing green orb wasn't there.

(bugs only) How to reproduce the bug (if possible):
Single Player, Whosyourdaddy, Iseedeadpeople, Kill all bosses in D3 and reset it.

Last edited:
Level 1
Type of problem: Quest(bug)
Map Version: 1.1e
Discription of the Problem: Hunterquest : Gaias retaliations quest 2/2
The questlog tells me too introduce the sewers but when i go down and walk trough it i dont find anything too introduce soo... idk if it is a bug or i am just too stupid too find something...

Level 5
First of, you didn't say what version you were playing.
Second thing is the fact that this bug has been probably fixed.
I have marked it in a changelog of 1.1g with Fat letters.

CHANGELOG (v1.1g):

General:
- The Spirit of Magic now doesn't use meteor in lightning form anymore
- Fixed a bug that made D2 boss spawn a dozens of tentacles
- Nerfed D2 boss by removing one tentacle spawn spot
- Nerfed D3 Event: all assisting npcs deal more damage, time between wave spawns increased
- Fixed a serious bug with D3 Event where the first boss did not attack gaspode and thus not allowing the players to complete the event
- Changed something with the cinematic triggers in order to remove the random desyncs with cinematics ... not sure if that was the key, but let's hope our best
- D3 event: reduced target acquisition range for Gaspode and his soldiers, to prevent him from rushing into combat to early
- Fixed a bug that removed bag and matbag items when changing to advanced class

Level 3
In 1.1i for some reasons Burst of Light doesn't heal. If you need a replay, pm me plz.

Level 2
It seems as if I'm lagging whenever the weather changes to storm. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Level 4
D3 bug
after entering d3 there were no waves and Gaspode was still invul. and after some me and the ppl in the game realized that the mobs appear on the other side of the bridge but not going trough it as shown on print screen.

wc3scrnshot110311123956.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/253/wc3scrnshot110311123956.jpg

Level 4
D3 bug
after entering d3 there were no waves and Gaspode was still invul. and after some me and the ppl in the game realized that the mobs appear on the other side of the bridge but not going trough it as shown on print screen.

Also couldnt reset the dungeon as boss is still alive, also couldnt fail as boss cant kill gaspode. And there is no way to lure them too.
Also another bug exists as 2 gaspode comes. I dont know what triggers that i just saw it after 2 gaspode stands there in everytime this bug happened.
Was this already reported o_O Cuz i saw that there already multiplied gaspode bug is known. But these gaspodes are not invul and there is only 2. And for a better game, seeing copied humans bores people. not about the abusing problem

Level 2
Type of problem: Quest(bug)
Map Version: 1.1e
Discription of the Problem: Hunterquest : Gaias retaliations quest 2/2
The questlog tells me too introduce the sewers but when i go down and walk trough it i dont find anything too introduce soo... idk if it is a bug or i am just too stupid too find something...

It's not a bug

or i am just too stupid

There you go.

Figure it out yourself in order to enjoy the game. I prolly encountered
the same situation and wasted 15 minutes in the sewers when i could finish
it within 1 minute. ( I FELT I WAS DUMB )

Just look carefully. The dark shadow conceals alot.

Level 4
dazing trap has exactly the same hotkey as song of vigor (D) so i guess this should be changed. also bishops burst of light has (R) as hotkey which is easily miscasted cause of rest.

Level 13
The code should be fine, the extra letter on the end represents a recipe in your inventory

So you have one more letter, not missing 3.

Try this:

-load duz8-fuee-QkyJ-fPdo-5cSu-P5io-3PPJ-sSDh-qBnv-nIKJ-ijug-wmFs-d

Level 8
Aready talked to You in game Z, but jut in cases wantet to post it here +1 or more isues:

-Gaspode multiplication(explained in game)

-Coup de Grace (while used on stuned or casting units doesnt triple chance on critt as in tooltip

-Bladefury deals 2,5ap but in multiple blows, as units in d3 have 30 armor+ it deals rly low dmg (comparing full geared asssin 180dps to sorcer 250 or necro264 on single target its rly low, maybe addin full armor penetration for this skill or bonuses to other when behind target would balance a bit)

-Phoenix ability critt dmg deal standard 150% dmg instead of scaling via player critt power

-Papa ;)

Level 1
Hi i wanna report one bug. Idk the version but i wanna ask 1st.
For how many ppls is d3?
The second is we are 6 ppls playin the map and we can not enter in d3 all of us :( Ty for the hints and help!

Level 8
Ogre deal 31-32 damage and my monk got 40 armor, but ogres deals alvays 10 dmg or more to me.

so or monk armor gain from steel body is buged or ogres deal 20 more damge than real.

Investigation requested

Level 13
For the sake of reporting bugs I thought I would add these to this thread, I can't recall if they've been addressed before but I thought I'd give it a go since although they're minor, they should be handled.

Pulling at The Blazing Flame
After summoning this boss, you can wait for him to spawn his minions, then drag the minions up or down until they despawn, resulting in the boss resetting with the minions on cooldown, making the fight much easier as you only have to face one set of minions (depending on how fast you take him down) instead of the intended first group + backups. If it's possible, make this boss, all other bosses and all future bosses reset all their cooldowns when they themselves reset to keep the challenge at what it's meant to be.

Turning in gaias 2 after the skill has been bought
A very minor bug but you don't actually have to complete this quest to get the skill. You're able to purchase the Gaias 2 related 5k skills by talking to the oracle after visiting the sewers, then buying the skill, without finishing the quest (i.e talking to Colonel Brightblade). Just thought it might be worth changing for future versions.

Blocking The Lieutenant with 5 on bridge
This I've only recently seen and although amusing, it's possible to block The Lieutenant from gaspode by lining 5 players up on the bridge, or by moving gaspode into a small fenced off area in the bottom right corner of the 'defence grounds' and preventing him attacking at all. Maybe give The Lieutenant phasing of some kind to prevent him colliding with characters and making this challenging fight extremely easy.

Skeletons recieving perm stun sometimes
I saw this when performing said blockage, the lieutenant eventually did manage to get a stun off and it stunned all skeletons permanently. It may be because gaspode died immediately after, I'm not sure I haven't had the chance to replicate the bug yet but some summons may get permanently stunned somehow.

Shade doppel xp
On killing shade, all doppels die, granting xp equivalent to that of Lady, per doppel. This should probably be fixed unless it's intentional. If it is, it makes getting 37 extremely bloody easy as that's like one d3 boss and 5 ladies in some instances, depending on how fast the boss goes down ofc.

Stunning Andrazzars Shadowbolt with Shield Slam
Another minor bug, although it may be intentional, because shield slam pushes Lord Andrazzar back slightly, this stuns him, breaking the cast for his random target shadowbolt. Shield slam is the only stun to do this I believe, I haven't tested sin related stuns yet though.

Last edited:
Level 4
Pulling at The Blazing Flame
After summoning this boss, you can wait for him to spawn his minions, then drag the minions up or down until they despawn, resulting in the boss resetting with the minions on cooldown, making the fight much easier as you only have to face one set of minions (depending on how fast you take him down) instead of the intended first group + backups. If it's possible, make this boss, all other bosses and all future bosses reset all their cooldowns when they themselves reset to keep the challenge at what it's meant to be.

Blocking The Lieutenant with 5 on bridge
This I've only recently seen and although amusing, it's possible to block The Lieutenant from gaspode by lining 5 players up on the bridge, or by moving gaspode into a small fenced off area in the bottom right corner of the 'defence grounds' and preventing him attacking at all. Maybe give The Lieutenant phasing of some kind to prevent him colliding with characters and making this challenging fight extremely easy.

What about kiting shades doppels? Shall we consider it as a bug as well? I dont consider pulling and blocking bosses as bugs, but more like tactics.

B.R.

Level 13
Lol that's such a stupid comment. A boss isn't going to follow you for a while with it's recently summoned defences then suddenly decide to walk back and despawn them. Having the cooldowns reset when you die keeps the boss challenging, it forces you to face the same challenge each time instead of finding a cheap way out of it.

Pulling is NOT a tactic, it's a poor mans way of handling a reasonably challenging boss.

Also what the fuck kind of giagantic enemy constantly tries to just walk forward instead of attacking the shit in front of it. Tbh, much like those good old Line Tower games, blocking should be punished. Force the boss to cleave the units back or something. Or, if he can't find his pathing to gaspode, instantly attack the nearest unit, at least make him attack. Blocking on the bridge would be strategic if The Lieutenant actually did something instead of attempt to stride forward.

Doppels aren't bugged, kiting them is fine you're still managing damage output and agro, you can't despawn the doppels because you're too weak to fight the boss properly, that would RESET the boss.
However your useless comment does bring up another point.

On killing shade, all doppels die, granting xp equivalent to that of Lady, per doppel. This should probably be fixed unless it's intentional.

Level 4
lol comes back to you.
Its the same kiting doppels and minions cd. Lol on the cheap way comment. Cheap way was when we were able to use in dungeon reset.
And Liu inst just standing he is ataking the highest aggro! Idk how many times you have done it but it seems not so many :) There are many ways to deal with Liu wich are more fun then the regular fight!
In the end this map is about having fun and using brains, not being horse with blinders.

Level 13
LOL

They're not the same, at all. the shade boss is scripted so you have to manage the doppels, pulling a boss from it's spawn location so the units you're MEANT to fight disappear is CHEAP. Horse with fucking blinders my ass. It's the cheap way, denying that is ridiculous. Forcing the one of the major initiative moves of a boss to be on cooldown when you start is a bug imo, I'm done discussing that with you.

And yeah, as it fucking says above, eventually lieutenant does tranfer agro, sometimes halfway through his health bar. I apologise I haven't play like a noob as often as you, but I personally think this 'strategy' is pointless unless he's actually attacking efficiently, not once you pull agro from gaspode, which is difficult btw and usually managed by a zerker.

Although those ways are fun, it prevents the boss from doing what it's meant to, take down the sergeant and cause you to lose. It's a challenge and forcing the boss to lose half it's health, postpone a shockwave and reduce the difficulty significantly is the easy way out imo.

Dungeon reset is gone why bring that up, pulling isn't needed, the boss is easily managed without it, too many people abuse it and it needs to be fixed.

Brains my ass you just want it easy.

In the end it's in zwiebs hands anyway, I'm just agitated by such a pointless bloody opinion. Make the boss easier by making them stupid? 'the fuck.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I will do something about the reported stuff.
However, about the blocking of bosses, I doubt there is anything I can do about it, really, except for removing the pathing of enemy units at all, which might a thing to be considered for the future. I could manually prevent units to "clump up" in one position by giving them a quick move command to a random direction when attacking.
Kinda like it was made in WoW. Enemies can stick inside of each other until they try to attack you; then they are forced to split up.

I can do something about the cooldown issue. That's no problem; there is a function to do that. I simply forgot about that function it in my combat scripts.

Level 13
Blocking can potentially be a strategy just as long as the units end up attacking what's in front of them to get to their goal, is there any way you could script a way for lieutenant to agro the nearest unit to him if getting to gaspode seems imposssible?

Cheers about the cooldown thing.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Blocking can potentially be a strategy just as long as the units end up attacking what's in front of them to get to their goal, is there any way you could script a way for lieutenant to agro the nearest unit to him if getting to gaspode seems imposssible?
I can see no failure-proof way to do that. Even if it changes targets after a certain amount of not reaching its destiny, this could be abused; just in a different way (for example as a method to wipe threat). Also this would prevent kiting, which (in my oppinion) is a legit way to fight battles.

Level 13
Kitting is fine, it is legit, pulling the target away for a bit. Just a shame people can remove the challenge from that boss by blocking it on the bridge, since it's agro to gaspode is so high, taking it away is quite difficult, unless you have a zerker pounding away. So level 30s-35s with lower agro can probably manage the fight without the boss doing a thing.

Haven't had much time to trial it as I've only done it twice, considering its a new but ultimately cheap strategy to me.

Is there any way to make him cast shockwave if he's stationary, could it trigger if he can't move for say 3 seconds. That might at least make it a longer and more tedious procedure anyway.

Level 13
Also the whole divine fist perm debuff is still around, not sure how it happens but it stays on allied units indefinitely. Dying does not remove it. I'm unsure if it actually increases elemental damage taken.

If anyone has any other points to add to that, like replications or solutions, please speak up.

An idea on fixing it, would there be a way for rest to remove negative debuffs
(on a side note, the name of the divine debuff is green, implying it may be a positive buff, perhaps that's why it isn't removed?)

Level 13
lol no shit, it was just a temporary solution, if you have the actual solution then yes, that would be preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.