• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Browser Wars w/ Poll!

What is your Browser of Choice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I read somewhere that Chrome is currently used by more then 60% of the world now. and in the united states it's actually one of the lowest percentages... Poor Stupid 'Merica. Nah I love 'MERICA

Level 22
Whai? :((

One thing I like about firefox is that you can close the browser but not the downloads windows. UI ain't that bad either. :p
agreed

hmm I forgot to add Comodo Dragon=/ how can I edit the poll now?
no wonder you are friends with Kitabatake, you 2 are the only ones using comodo:D
I'm actually using comodo as well :3

Chrome is based on the Open Source "Chromium" System, added some callback to Google for data spying purposes. SRWare Iron is Chromium without those spying callbacks they included in their code. Please don't use Chrome, use SRWare Iron instead. You can do everything you can do in Chrome, but without sending all your data to google.

About Internet Explorer:
I am using it since 5.0 and it was getting worse until IE 6. Then it got better with IE 8/9, but now they are doing bad stuff again.

Mainly for web developers IE sucks. Microsoft just never gets it right with implementing features like others do. That's why nothing really works in IE.

Trust me, I was working in another company and had to support IE 6 even when IE 9 came out.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Firefox has got behind in speed, even the new IE surpasses it. I see quite many using it according to that poll somehow... I guess the poll is broken.

Level 30
I'll vote for Google Chrome in this one. In my own opinion, it is quite fast while Firefox, it need alot of these so called supporting plug-ins to be able to do something great in it. Internet Explorer is quite slow and lags alot for me but maybe its because I am outdated on it (IE 7).

Roland suggested to me Torch and it looks great too so I would have to agree also that Torch is underrated.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I wanted to test it, too bad I couldn't decide where to install it >.< only 1.35 GB available on my main drive. Oh well, need bigger SSD...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

How? I didn't see that kind of option. :/

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

At least I can't change Chrome's folder :(

Level 28
This is getting off-topic >:)

Gonna try Torch

I'll love you and anyone who'll try and use Torch.

Torch is very lovely.

Torch is targeted to torrent lovers because it has a built-in torrent application and to people who like to download other media since it have a video grabber. It also have this drag and search function which is really lovely. The drag and search also works for images :).

attachment.php

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 91
Level 28
I am on tourch right now, I dont feel any difference from chrome tbh same type of UI and speed.

Well if you have no use on its top features then you can stick to chrome. I have friends here that uses GC and only uses Torch when they think that they'll need its features. And if what Anachron said is a solid fact then you might want to jump on Torch.

I'm not going to use it on youtube though haha xD

Did you just thought what I think it is didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.