• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bottling Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
If you could Bottle Happiness, would you sell it?

I've been wondering, what is happiness really?
If you are able to find happiness by taking a pill every day, is that wrong?
Who is to say your form of happiness isn't equal to any other form.
If it makes you happy isn't that enough?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a magic pill, but if you could perform one action every day to be happy what would it be and would you do it or hope happiness finds you?

Happiness is just a bunch of biochemical processes in the brain, mostly assosiated with Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotin, and Endophins. Many drugs, legal and illegal, release dopamine, that is however not what you want in general since the brain has a set amount of dopamine at all times and it need to time replenish it, so dopamine releasing drugs prevent you from being happy long term, since it releases it all at once.

Level 19
Happiness is just a bunch of biochemical processes in the brain, mostly assosiated with Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotin, and Endophins. Many drugs, legal and illegal, release dopamine, that is however not what you want in general since the brain has a set amount of dopamine at all times and it need to time replenish it, so dopamine releasing drugs prevent you from being happy long term, since it releases it all at once.
Bitterwood releases endorphins, but you generally have to do some sort of physical work before you get any sort of high.

When I was younger I mixed bitterwood with Basel, which was crazy good, I was bouncing off the walls during a storm(bouncing off the walls outside is real hard by the way)

Basel increases your blood flow
Bitterwood releases endorphins

A+B= Adrenalin rush

Yes.
Would I sell all I have? probably not.

You mean you would sell some of your happiness? That makes sense, there is no assurance that happiness will last but at least you know you can invest you money and make more of it

Level 22
so that life is worth living
How much happiness do you need to make life 'worth it' anyway? Some people are happy, and remain happy, for having two meals a day. Some get depressed for seeing other people happy, and remain depressed, seeing other people remain happy. Can't really give any advice on something that's different for each one of us...

Why do you even need to find 'worth' in living, can't you just live your life? Is this the 'philosophical' search for happiness or are you just trying to bury your problems in that said 'objectified' happiness in an attempt to send it to oblivion? What good is it for man to gain happiness and forfeit the acquisition of a solution to his problems?

Shall you tell your problems: "Die monster, you don't belong in my psyche!!"
Shall your own mind respond to you: "It was not by my hand that I was given existence, I was brought here by your own perception, your outlook in life!"
And to which, you respond: "Me?! You stole my happiness, and made me depressed!"
And so he shall tell you: "Perhaps you desired what I supplied?"
Then, you realize: "Your words are empty, and so shall I make mine problems so!"
He angrily replies: "What is depression? a miserable conglomeration of problems! But enough talk, have at you!"

And so I take my leave, good luck in your quest to 'bottle happiness' bro.

Level 19
How much happiness do you need to make life 'worth it' anyway? Some people are happy, and remain happy, for having two meals a day. Some get depressed for seeing other people happy, and remain depressed, seeing other people remain happy. Can't really give any advice on something that's different for each one of us...

Why do you even need to find 'worth' in living, can't you just live your life? Is this the 'philosophical' search for happiness or are you just trying to bury your problems in that said 'objectified' happiness in an attempt to send it to oblivion? What good is it for man to gain happiness and forfeit the acquisition of a solution to his problems?

Shall you tell your problems: "Die monster, you don't belong in my psyche!!"
Shall your own mind respond to you: "It was not by my hand that I was given existence, I was brought here by your own perception, your outlook in life!"
And to which, you respond: "Me?! You stole my happiness, and made me depressed!"
And so he shall tell you: "Perhaps you desired what I supplied?"
Then, you realize: "Your words are empty, and so shall I make mine problems so!"
He angrily replies: "What is depression? a miserable conglomeration of problems! But enough talk, have at you!"

And so I take my leave, good luck in your quest to 'bottle happiness' bro.
I have not a clue what you just said

Status
Not open for further replies.