• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bosses of Warcraft 0.59

-Bosses of Warcraft-
-Modes-

-Profession Mode-
*Available for 2 - 10 players.
*Purpose with this mode is for you to be able to train up your profession together with a friend in peace.

-5 Player Mode-
*Available for 5 players only.
*Purpose with this mode is to fight easy/moderate bosses in a team of 5.

-10 Player Mode-
*Available for 10 players only.
*Purpose with this mode is to fight moderate/hard/hell bosses in a team of 10.

-Features-
-Classes-
-(Attack Power)-
*Rogue (Meele DPS)
*Shaman (Meele DPS)
*Archer (Ranged DPS)

-(Spell Power)-
*Mage (Ranged DPS)
*Witch (Ranged DPS)
*Warlock (Ranged DPS)
*Druid (Healer)
*Sorceress (Healer/Ranged DPS)

*Priest (Healer)

-(Defense)-
*Warrior (Tank)

-Other-
*This ORPG contains:
*Save/Loading system which saves your Class, Profession Type, Profession Materials, Profession Level, Honor Points (Wood), Gold, Items in all inventory slots.
*Trading system (materials/gold).
*Over 200 items where over 100 contains attachment (shoulders, chest, weapon, mantle etc.).
*9/10 terrain.
*Amazing boss fights which takes your gaming experience to the next level.
*10 different classes.
*Multiboard for healing done, damage done and the current boss's HP.
*3 different professions which all have the max level of 30.
*Damage floating texts.
*Costum UI.
*Costum cursor

Why play Bosses of Warcraft?
The different between Bosses of Warcraft and any other ORPG is that Bosses of Warcraft is based on teamwork and on slaying bosses rather than farming and leveling. This gives the player the ultimate gaming experience from the start instead of forcing the player to play for 20 hours just to reach the level required to actually enjoy the game.

-Additional Notes-
*Official Clan --> Clan RavH <-- (Northrend on B.net)
*Official homepage --> http://clanravh.palstani.com/forum <--
*So far this project have taken over 1600 hours to create.

*Commentating on different material than the map will get you added to my ignore list.
*This map cannot be played on single player!
*This map is protected!
*Max 5 of each Material, 8500 Gold and 8500 Tokens will be saved!

What the new Bosses of Warcraft version will contain will be presented here:

*Blood Council
*New Boss (Narolak)
*New Items (About 15, dropped by Narolak and the monsters inside the Blood Council)
*2 Spell Fixes
*Additional bug fixes mentioned.

-Blood council will be released. The Blood council is a instance named when defeating Tifirius. Rather than a boss room the Blood Council is an enormous dungeon being protected by monsters on the path to the portal leading into the boss room.

When making a map review on Bosses of Warcraft you need to say how many players you played together with, what mode you played on, how many bosses you managed to kill and also what class you played.

If done correctly me and the additional people which have worked on BoW will give you +rep.

Hagge5
Aikola
Pharaoh_
Kristian
Seregpie
Starzerg
Felix
Kevin
Ferrin
Luke
Nikoc
Hampus
Clan Ravenholdt

*Find any of your resourses in my map which you have not been given credit for? Write a comment below.

Keywords:
Bosses of Warcraft, RPG, ORPG, Item, Hero, Boss, History, Cinematic, Minigame, Proffesion, Save, Load, Clan Ravenholdt, Stat, System, Drop
Contents

Bosses of Warcraft 0.59 (Map)

Reviews
01:37, 11th Jun 2011 ap0calypse:

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I don't know why you told me that the information which he asks for is not in the map description, Ap0calypse.

It stands very clearly the needed amount of players for each mode even tho it doesn't stand that this is not a single player map.

However, I will add the info about this map not being single player and remove the +rep thingy since I make new vers almost every day anyway.

Level 28
I don't know why you told me that the information which he asks for is not in the map description, Ap0calypse.

It stands very clearly the needed amount of players for each mode even tho it doesn't stand that this is not a single player map.

However, I will add the info about this map not being single player and remove the +rep thingy since I make new vers almost every day anyway.
I told you, because you were being stupid to be frank.
He asked something, you said "Read description", he said it isn't in there, you said "Read description". That's just plain idiocy.
You know, you COULD be a little bit more friendly towards people who want to play your map.

Additionally, I suggest you either let people play this in single player (even though they'll certainly lose), or show some kind of message that says "You cannot play this in Single Player" at the beginning of the game.
The first option is the best one though. No reason to disable single player.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Ap0calypse I have a special system which makes each boss fight begin when the correct amount of players are in it.

If in single player, people can hack the game and easily access all the end game items.

If in Multiplayer only, in 80% of the cases the game will be protected from hacks because of the B.net systems and/or Garena protections.

Level 28
Ap0calypse I have a special system which makes each boss fight begin when the correct amount of players are in it.

If in single player, people can hack the game and easily access all the end game items.

If in Multiplayer only, in 80% of the cases the game will be protected from hacks because of the B.net systems and/or Garena protections.
How about disabling save/load in single player? It's fairly easy to do that and it provides fun for people who dislike playing in multiplayer.
Everyone gets what they want, win-win. Do it.

Just for the record: I believe I can get myself a maxed out character anytime I want (without actually doing anything in-game), so 'hacking' is relative.
I can hack your game without playing it. Whether you disable single player or not doesn't matter. I can disable that as well either way, probably (by deprotecting and changing some triggers).

Level 28
This map was not made for single player. It will destroy the whole idea of a map that I've been working on publishing for 6 years.
Wait, what kind of an argument is that? Are you serious?
It won't change anything in your map. No objects will be different, the bosses will stay as strong as they are now, you will still need to team up with friends to slay them etc.

The only difference is that people can actually test the map in single player too then... (of course, saving is disabled - loading, on the other hand, should still be allowed).

How could that possibly "destroy the whole idea of the map"? If the idea is to team up with friends, then nothing will change. Or do you really expect people to fight bosses against which they always lose, unless they use cheats? Because without cheats I highly doubt you can kill bosses in single player.
So they'll have to turn to multiplayer for actual action either way.

Level 6
I agree with Ap0calypse here, I'd like to play your map, but since I can't get anybody to join and stay and have no friend to play with, I'm sad to say that I can only do nothing in your map.

So in a map I can do nothing, what should be the rating of it?

Sverkerman

Level 17
Some maps requires people to play with. This is one of those maps.

However, if you feel that way, what would you like to do in my map in single player? All cheats are disabled and in order to start a bossfight you need 5 or 10 players. If I would add a single player mode the map would get rated for that. That is not what I want. This map is a superior one in multiplayer which also it was designed to execute for.

It's like playing a TD with yourself and then rate it 1/5 because there was noone to play against.

If you want a single player map go play GoH, TKOK or something else, this is not a single player map.

If you wish to play BoW without using Battle.net I can announce that our community is growing huge and perhaps soon enough I will have access to my own Bosses of Warcraft room for Garena. Then perhaps you might be able to play the map without friends.

Level 5
Sverkerman, i think you are .. hm how should i say this.

You created a map, so you know allmost everything about it, soo can maybe some one go singleplayer to farm proffession items? T_T you can do that if you dont have net atm or no one wants to do profs atm.... piz out :p

Level 28
Can't all of that be solved with a message like this:

"Since you are playing in single, cheats are enabled. Note that this map is meant for multi-player and your gaming experience will be heavily influenced by this."

Just an example, you could write anything there.
And if you DO get 1/5's for "i cant kil bos 1/5", then I'm here to remove those ratings.

As a side-note: when I test in single player, I rarely count gameplay as a factor to rate the map, because it is a very personal thing (some people hate it, others love it).
Although I do not expect anyone to do so of course.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Ah okay thank you Ap0calypse!

Burke actually thats a good idea since I already removed all cheats that could be a possibility!

I think I will add that actually...

You think that's enough Ap0? Is it enough to be enabled to get gear the profession way in single player? Actually I think it would be a good idea since it would rather inspire people to really want to play either the 5 man mode or the 10 man mode.

Level 12
an example for all players.
how can a map maker can make a AI for Impossible bosses per example?
its the same thing for me.

Level 12
make em follow you and cast a specific spell?
AI 2 will chose warrior
AI 3 will chose priest
AI 4 will chose ranger
and so on

and the boss skills avoid? the bots will perfectly always dodge boss spells?
so where is the fun factor on this?

Level 28
make em follow you and cast a specific spell?
AI 2 will chose warrior
AI 3 will chose priest
AI 4 will chose ranger
and so on
and the boss skills avoid? the bots will perfectly always dodge boss spells?
so where is the fun factor on this?

VTZ is correct here.
Players are not perfect, they have flaws, they do stupid things, etc. This adds the fun to the game.
If an AI is designed specifically to kill a certain boss, then it either
1) Has no flaws, the game will be boring
2) Has a programmed flaw, which, once you figure out what flaw, can be covered by using different tactics yourself.

The interaction between the different players is also very important, trying to hold a group of human players is different than letting AI's do what they're programmed to do.
A healer must always pay attention to other player's HP. Sometimes he heals too soon, at other times too late, an AI will (again) do this just in time (even with random values this does not give the same effect).

AI's simply cannot be made in this map.