I wrote in the description that when you kill one boss you need to go to the starting point at the circle of power to lvl up.Well I was recently asked to review this map and as it looked good I decided to give it one.
So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.
*NOTE I PLAYED AS Dreadnaught*
- Epic Terrain
- Loading screen
- Preview image
- Custom Icons/items
- No Bugs
- No Glitches
- All the main parts of the game worked fine
- Can't get up levels by fighting (You randomly get up levels which doesn't seem logical)
- Can't seem to get gold unless you sell items that heroes drop (Means no shop items can be brought)
- Heroes are a bit strong (Maybe this was because I tested it in single player) Although some heroes seemed strong for their level.
- Helm of forsaken says left click to activate and when you left click on it, it does nothing.
- Bad idea making it that you have to walk through a waterfall, as most people wouldn't bother to try to walkthrough it and get lost thinking there is no where to go. (I only found out I could walk through the waterfall with "Iseedeadpeople" on).
- Boss combat levels messed up. (Boss Ajen Boss is lvl 1 but has 25k health 225 damage)
- Include credits in the f9 quest menu in game and how to play.
- Include the credits in the description and you could also include a Youtube video to spice up the map before people download it.
- More custom spells, icons were good though.
- A better ending, as being teleported to a pit of lava and being told "thought you could get away that easy" isn't a very good ending (If you are going to have a sequel then make it into a campaign - see Suggestion The Future of the MAP below -
Maybe you could make it that we get minor amounts of xp/gold for fighting and killing bosses, because randomly getting up levels seems a bit odd.
How this could work:
Well say you hit a 10 on a boss, maybe you could get 1xp and 1gold whereas if you hit a 100 you would get 10xp and 10gold. Also you could get 100xp and 50gold for each boss killed. Just an example to try and make the leveling system better and to actually be able to use the shop.
Maybe you could turn the map into more of a campaign type map as the whole map doesn't seem to fit into much and the end is a bit random. Also with a campaign you could embed cinematic before and/or after each boss fight to make it more interesting. Plus as campaigns can be any file-size it means you could have room for more bosses/heroes/items and spectacular surprises. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing an opening and finishing cinematic for this map.
Overall, the map is fun and enjoyable to play for the first time, then it tends to get a bit boring and repetitive if you play it more than once.
Although all in all the map had no bugs or glitches and seemed to work. I would suggest this to friends who like playing a map just because it looks good.
I Vote for Approval and would give it a 2/5 as there are a few things that still need to be removed/fixed/tidied.
All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
PS: I'd love to replay your map once you have fixed up/tidy/remove a few things.
EDIT: Why does the map when in game have the default blue background yellow question mark as the preview image?
The naga boss is kinda of a secret one , and you dont have to kill any boss to get to him.
And about the "EDIT: Why does the map when in game have the default blue background yellow question mark as the preview image? "
Is becouse my World Enchanter is bugged .
But thank you for the review i realy liked it , im making new adjustments adding more bosses about like 10 , adding save load (not 100% on that becouse put on most save/load system and make everyting as it should be but i fail...and i cant work with custom script and c++ so that why i cant find a good one.) Many new items , a new class and il try to make better story line and fix the thing you didnt like , boss fights will be more interesting .