• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Index/Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I will be updating this thread alot. I'm currently working on getting the data for the rest of the bosses in the game. All bosses will end up in here with detailed information. :thumbs_up:

Boss Index 0.2.2a
- Optimized the note section on The Protector card.
- Added missing Dispellable mechanics on the ability Frost Cage.

Boss Index 0.2.2
- Corrected some typos on The Protector and The Ancient One cards.
- Optimized the note section on The Protector card. Marked obsolete.
- Added missing Dispellable mechanics on the ability Feline Reflexes.
- Added Big Bad Wolf to the Boss Index. The unique bosses section are my ideas and thoughts. THEY DO NOT EXIST IN THE GAME.

Boss Index 0.2.1a
- Updated the category logoes for World Bosses and Dungeon Bosses.

Boss Index 0.2.1
- Corrected several typos on the Zibnix, Sergeant Deakan, Hill Giant and Brood Matriarch cards.
- Corrected damage school colors on the Zibnix card.
- Optimized the tactics section on the Brood Matriarch card.
- Optimized the notes section on the Sergeant Deakan card.
- Added a graphical unit presentation on the ability Call Reinforcements.
- Added The Protector and The Ancient One to the Boss Index.

Boss Index 0.2.0
- Corrected a typo for Interruptible mechanics.
- Corrected several typos on the Foothills cards.
- Corrected a few typos on the Gar'Tok & Sarash card.
- Corrected damage value of the ability Debris.
- Optimized the tactics section on the Hill Giant and Gazrow Steamwrench cards.
- Changed the unit presentation on all cards.
- Changed color theme on the nameplates of all cards. World Bosses (Red) Dungeon Bosses (Gold) Unique Bosses (Green) Level (White)
- Added a tactics section on the Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle cards.
- Added missing Dispellable mechanics on various abilties.
- Added Zibnix, Sergeant Deakan and Gaelas Tar to the Boss Index.

Boss Index 0.1.9
- Added Hill Giant, Gazrow Steamwrench, Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle to the Boss Index.
- Added zone relations to all cards.
- Changed layout for World Bosses.
- Changed unit presentation on the cards Sanev and Gar'Tok & Sarash.

Boss Index 0.1.8
- Added Sanev to the Boss Index.
- Added cooldowns to all abilities. If no number is shown cooldown is zero.
- Added color for damage schools.
- Changed the layout for World Bosses.

Boss Index 0.1.7
- Fixed the tactic section of Gar'Tok and Sarash's card.
- Fixed description of Mana Prism.
- Corrected the ability name of Debris.
- Added "soon to come" card for Sanev.

Boss Index 0.1.6
- Fixed some typos for Sarash The Enlightened.
- Changed the layout for World Bosses.

Boss Index 0.1.5
- Added Gar'Tok The Slayer and Sarash The Enlightened to the Box Index.
- Fixed school damage of Soul Strike.

Boss Index 0.1.4
- Fixed mechanics of Gaping Wounds and Crippling Curse.
- Fixed missing damage school of Crippling Curse.

Boss Index 0.1.3
- Added Rock Golem to the Boss Index.
- Added a new note for Witchdoctor Maluvu.

Boss Index 0.1.2
- Changed the theme of all cards.
- Added "soon to come" card for Rock Golem, Gar'Tok The Slayer, Sarash The Enlightened, Hill Giant, Gazrow Steamwrench, Brood Matriarch, Gargoyle and The Lord of Caverns.

Boss Index 0.1.1
- Fixed missing mechanics of Giant Crab's abilities.
- Fixed a typo in Witchdoctor Maluvu's notes.
- Fixed Giant Crab's attack speed. Visual mistake.

Boss Index 0.1.0
- Added Giant Crab, Giant Wolf and Witchdoctor Maluvu to the Boss Index.

Jumbo
Zwiebelchen
SaikoDeMoN

Current Avaliable: Boss Index (0.2.2a)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ID1 The Fjords of Ankhmaron.png
    ID1 The Fjords of Ankhmaron.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 2,288
  • ID2 The Trade Route.png
    ID2 The Trade Route.png
    450.9 KB · Views: 2,283
  • ID0 Logo.png
    ID0 Logo.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,136
  • ID3 The Foothills.png
    ID3 The Foothills.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 2,197
  • ID1 A World Bosses.png
    ID1 A World Bosses.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 2,127
  • ID5 A Dungeon Bosses.png
    ID5 A Dungeon Bosses.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,125
  • ID9 Unique Bosses.png
    ID9 Unique Bosses.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 2,146
  • ID9A Unique Bosses.png
    ID9A Unique Bosses.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,126
  • ID6 Caverns of Tranquillity.png
    ID6 Caverns of Tranquillity.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 2,144
  • ID5 The Bandit Cave.png
    ID5 The Bandit Cave.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 2,165
Last edited:
Level 4
Remember the Dungeon 1, 2, 3 bosses :). Or maybe you dont want them included on purpose?

Sure! Every boss is going to end up in here :)
Just didn't create the section for D1, D2 and D3 yet.

Sorry for double post, just noticed Sarash and Sasha are 2 different names mentioned for the ogre boss even though it is obviously the same character ;-)

Fixed. Thanks.

Level 8
Well it looks very nice. Im curious as to how you came up with the numbers. Did you test them with a hero that has zero armor/resistances/block? Also you'll have to take a sample set of atleast 10 instances to find the range or average except for a select few spells that deal a set amount of damage or heal (like alch's heal). Also, crab and gar'tok should be average attack speed, maluvu and sarash should be slow. Sanev slow aswell if you care to add him (I don't see his card or placeholder card).

What is up with the orc info? It should say: Phase 2 - When Gar'tok hits 20% (or whatever), he receives shield and stops casting Axe Throw while Sarash becomes vulnerable, loses Mana Prism and gains an aoe stun until killed THEN you enter Phase 3 with a weak solo Gar'tok who gets his axe throw back. Maybe you're thinking of smashing gartok with a revenge crit and bypassing that? I don't think that's intended and parties at the appropriate level can't do that anyway.

Mana Prism doesn't instantly kill anyone at any point, gaias doesn't have an instakill mechanic (even bloodthirst just makes a boss do much more dmg, not instakill). Mana Prism slowly regenerates Sarash's MP, the longer he channels the faster he regenerates and stops channeling when all lanterns are destroyed. You should also note that Mana Prism has a fixed cooldown, meaning he will recast it very quickly if you decide to wait to interrupt it. When he hits max mana he zaps all enemies for X amounts of elemental (probably magic but not too sure) damage until all lanterns are destroyed, it gets hard at this point but still possible to beat if 4 players are ready to destroy lanterns quickly.

Sarash's stun is called Debris and note that he will face the target on cast and there will be a shadow where it will fall.

Suggestion: Add respawn times for world bosses.

Level 4
Well it looks very nice. Im curious as to how you came up with the numbers. Did you test them with a hero that has zero armor/resistances/block? Also you'll have to take a sample set of atleast 10 instances to find the range or average except for a select few spells that deal a set amount of damage or heal (like alch's heal). Also, crab and gar'tok should be average attack speed, maluvu and sarash should be slow. Sanev slow aswell if you care to add him (I don't see his card or placeholder card).

If you go ingame and hover your mouse over their attack power icon, you can see that the current attack speed of the cards are correct.

Yes, Sanev is also going to be in here.
The Sludge monster are going to be in a section called Unique Bosses
The rest of the dungeon bosses are going to have a section for themselves D1 Bosses, D2 Bosses and D3 Bosses.

What is up with the orc info? It should say: Phase 2 - When Gar'tok hits 20% (or whatever), he receives shield and stops casting Axe Throw while Sarash becomes vulnerable, loses Mana Prism and gains an aoe stun until killed THEN you enter Phase 3 with a weak solo Gar'tok who gets his axe throw back. Maybe you're thinking of smashing gartok with a revenge crit and bypassing that? I don't think that's intended and parties at the appropriate level can't do that anyway.

I will be updating the Tactics section with this information.
However, this isnt the phase that i've experienced with a couple of my friends - maybe we somehow managed to bug the fight and skip a phase? Hmm.

Gar'Tok never recieved a shield and Sarash never stopped casting Mana Prism.

Mana Prism doesn't instantly kill anyone at any point, gaias doesn't have an instakill mechanic (even bloodthirst just makes a boss do much more dmg, not instakill). Mana Prism slowly regenerates Sarash's MP, the longer he channels the faster he regenerates and stops channeling when all lanterns are destroyed. You should also note that Mana Prism has a fixed cooldown, meaning he will recast it very quickly if you decide to wait to interrupt it. When he hits max mana he zaps all enemies for X amounts of elemental (probably magic but not too sure) damage until all lanterns are destroyed, it gets hard at this point but still possible to beat if 4 players are ready to destroy lanterns quickly.

Sarash's stun is called Debris and note that he will face the target on cast and there will be a shadow where it will fall.

Suggestion: Add respawn times for world bosses.

First of all - thanks for the detailed information! I did not have this accurate data about the mechanics of Mana Lanterns.

Gar'Tok and Sarash will recieve some heavy fixes after this post. Thanks!

Level 8
However, this isnt the phase that i've experienced with a couple of my friends - maybe we somehow managed to bug the fight and skip a phase? Hmm.

Gar'Tok never recieved a shield and Sarash never stopped casting Mana Prism.

Check replay if you want to see how a normal fight goes. The fight you're describing is due to a bug that was in 1.2B(1) to 1.2B(5).

Attachments

• Gaias Orc instance.w3g
    19.3 KB · Views: 163
Level 4
Check replay if you want to see how a normal fight goes. The fight you're describing is due to a bug that was in 1.2B(1) to 1.2B(5).

Thanks. EDIT: I checked the replay. I can only see you typing in your vault and save code - while nothing is happening in the rest of the replay.

And to answer your question about the damage values. Yes, i got hit by the abilities 100 times with no armor and resistances while healing myself as a Bishop.

EDIT EDIT: 0.1.7 Boss Index now live! Thanks for your help Kamina.

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks. EDIT: I checked the replay. I can only see you typing in your vault and save code - while nothing is happening in the rest of the replay.

Second time this has happened. What have you done to my precious replays Zwieb >_>. At any rate, you can play the latest version (or anything from 1.2B(6) upwards) and see for yourself if you don't believe me.

I did boss research some time in 2013. I'll find the .txt (yeah I know, oldschool) and post it soon - probably some time today.

Level 4
Second time this has happened. What have you done to my precious replays Zwieb >_>. At any rate, you can play the latest version (or anything from 1.2B(6) upwards) and see for yourself if you don't believe me.

I did boss research some time in 2013. I'll find the .txt (yeah I know, oldschool) and post it soon - probably some time today.

That would be of great help! Sure, i do believe you. That's why i already took that information and recompiled the tactics section with it. See for yourself :)

I dont know if you're farming the Foothills Bosses at the moment, but if you are - would you mind data mining the abilities and values of them while you fight them. I currently only have a level 42 Bishop with no party - so i can't access these fights yet. Just a request! (EDIT: I found a topic with awesome information about these bosses, however i would still love to have fully updated information)

Off topic: Currently working on Sanev. When he is done, i will create the rest of "soon to come" cards for all the remaining bosses. And then move on to the Foothills Bosses.

Level 8
Alright here we go. Boss Data 03 - The Sewers is incomplete (didn't get stats for all shade's doppelgangers) so I'll hold off on that. The cooldowns and durations were estimated in my head so they may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure its pretty damn close.

Attachments

• Boss Data 01 - The Fjords of Ankhmaron.txt
    901 bytes · Views: 166
  • Boss Data 02 - The Trade Route.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Boss Data 04 - The Foothills.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 181
Level 4
Alright here we go. Boss Data 03 - The Sewers is incomplete (didn't get stats for all shade's doppelgangers) so I'll hold off on that. The cooldowns and durations were estimated in my head so they may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure its pretty damn close.

Wow, that is really really helpful! I see you got some info on some special- properties and stats on some of the bosses - cool!

I still see some of the abilities on Gar'Tok and Sarash not having the right values of damage. But i guess that changed since 2013.

Anyhow, a great thank you from here.

Level 8
Tested some stuff in the new version and updated accordingly:
  • Dispel on all boss skills
  • Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage
  • Sludge and Shade
  • Class quest bosses
  • Dungeon bosses

Maybe you should retest Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage yourself, remember to have 0 armor to see true damage or add to the values by your current armor. Also don't wear a shield or have parry or have any block talent. Furthermore, keep an eye out for crits (larger numbers) because your 400-600 on debris looks like a crit 600 to me. AFAIK all bosses can crit all damage and heals for 150%, this may be a little different for some bosses though.

Attachments

• Boss Data 05 - The Foothills.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Boss Data 04 - The Sewers.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Boss Data 03 - Class Quests.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Boss Data 02 - The Trade Route.txt
    2 KB · Views: 159
  • Boss Data 01 - The Fjords of Ankhmaron.txt
    921 bytes · Views: 177
  • Dungeon Boss Data 03 - The Port of Mytargas.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Dungeon Boss Data 02 - Caverns of Tranquility.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Dungeon Boss Data 01 - The Bandit Cave.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Level 4
Tested some stuff in the new version and updated accordingly:
  • Dispel on all boss skills
  • Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage
  • Sludge and Shade
  • -test boss
  • Class quest bosses
  • Dungeon bosses

Maybe you should retest Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage yourself, remember to have 0 armor to see true damage or add to the values by your current armor. Also don't wear a shield or have parry or have any block talent. Furthermore, keep an eye out for crits (larger numbers) because your 400-600 on debris looks like a crit 600 to me. AFAIK all bosses can crit all damage and heals for 150%, this may be a little different for some bosses though.

You're awesome! Just woke up to this amazing post! :ogre_datass:

I always test the damage values with my Bishop having 0 armor and 0 resistances.

Yes, it would seem that most bosses have a 150% critical multiplier. However as you say, this may differ.

Level 4
Yeah thats why I didn't take into account any crits.

Update to -test

Skill 5: Frostbite (Random target except 1st threat) - Deals 700 Ice damage over 10 seconds (140 every 2sec). If the spell is allowed to end, the target is frozen for 2sec. 12CD. (can be dispelled)

Zwieb is that closer to correct?

OK it looks like non-tank can totally ignore battering ram, Zwieb did you make it zero AoE now? I don't remember seeing anyone but the maintank being affected by it even when theres other heroes practically ontop of him or in the path

Attaching a replay of a dungeon game if OP wants to familiarize himself with foothills and -test strategies or spot errors in my observations. BM->Garg->BM->HG->Alch->-test (unfortunately the best try only got him down to 30%)

Very helpful! I will be looking the replay through confirming all of our data - this way we can have as accurate data as possible.

Boss Index 0.1.9 are now live with the Foothill Bosses! The tactics section for Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle will come when i know the best way to defeat them. Special Properties will be added to all cards when i got the needed data.

EDIT: All current typos on the Foothill Bosses are known and will be fixed in the next update :)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Amazing job. One thing to consider:
The Alchemist can be started by a dps to take the first flamethrower. That will let the tank get more aggro, but yeah, both tactics work.

Level 8
Nice work. I'm gonna nitpick what you've done so far (and will do) a little (alot).

• Hill Giant: Skill rotation is observably, Earthquake->Ground Slam->Boulder toss. You have to be moving very quickly to dodge boulder toss, it's safer for the team to just position themselves so that no1 is near enough to spread the AoE, then just tank each hit solo since it's not that much damage and all Hill Giant skills are reduceable by armor and block. All tanking classes can easily ignore both Boulder Toss and Ground Slam.
  • Alchemist: Better for a DPS or minion to take first flamethrower. For DPS it means free DPS at the start and the tank will have much needed time to build threat. For minions, you can quickly take aggro from a minion after flamethrower starts which makes them invulnerable to flamethrower damage (efreet is fully resistant to fire damage from the start) but alch will still focus it for the duration of flamethrower.
  • Brood Matriarch: The maintank should engage alone at the start until the first chrysalis is casted (this is not necessary but makes the early portion of the fight much easier to deal with when only one unit is trapped). The main focus of strategy for BM is to deal with spawn spiderlings. All heroes should save AoE skills for when BM starts casting Spawn Spiderlings (it's alot better to deal with them as they spawn, if you wait till the channel is over, they tend to run all over the battlefield and that is difficult to deal with especially for healers). Healers should ignore chrysalis completely and just keep healing, Tanks should prioritize their own web->healers web, DPS should prioritize their own web->healers web->leftover hero webs->minion webs. Tank should always pull BM away from Poison Cloud.
  • Gargoyle: Dive also has a knockback effect (which interrupts casting aswell). Tornado isn't that strong, I'd put it at 20% or 30%. Before even starting the fight, designate who will take over maintanking Garg once your usual tank loses threat (most of them can't maintain threat against air form), bouncing threat between multiple heroes is a recipe for disaster. Killing all bugs is the highest priority, always make sure ALL bugs are dead (even the few that can get stuck on the cliffs because they can reset the whole fight) before moving on to hitting Garg. Warn the healer when you are going to break the threat threshold. During air the maintank should run near a cliff and everyone else away from him so that garg's attack doesn't have a additional targets to bounce to. Bugs are very slow so if your tank cant gain threat on all of them, DPS and Healers should employ hit and run maneuvers. The only deviation from this strategy is if there is a monk in the party with armor-pierce alent, he will stay on Garg at all times (ignore bugs also) so that he can be the tank during air phase.

Sorry for the wall of text. Formatting isn't really my thing, which is why I don't make guides in the first place ~_~.

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice work. I'm gonna nitpick what you've done so far (and will do) a little (alot).

• Hill Giant: Skill rotation is observably, Earthquake->Ground Slam->Boulder toss. You have to be moving very quickly to dodge boulder toss, it's safer for the team to just position themselves so that no1 is near enough to spread the AoE, then just tank each hit solo since it's not that much damage and all Hill Giant skills are reduceable by armor and block. All tanking classes can easily ignore both Boulder Toss and Ground Slam.
  • Alchemist: Better for a DPS or minion to take first flamethrower. For DPS it means free DPS at the start and the tank will have much needed time to build threat. For minions, you can quickly take aggro from a minion after flamethrower starts which makes them invulnerable to flamethrower damage (efreet is fully resistant to fire damage from the start) but alch will still focus it for the duration of flamethrower.
  • Brood Matriarch: The maintank should engage alone at the start until the first chrysalis is casted (this is not necessary but makes the early portion of the fight much easier to deal with when only one unit is trapped). The main focus of strategy for BM is to deal with spawn spiderlings. All heroes should save AoE skills for when BM starts casting Spawn Spiderlings (it's alot better to deal with them as they spawn, if you wait till the channel is over, they tend to run all over the battlefield and that is difficult to deal with especially for healers). Healers should ignore chrysalis completely and just keep healing, Tanks should prioritize their own web->healers web, DPS should prioritize their own web->healers web->leftover hero webs->minion webs. Tank should always pull BM away from Poison Cloud.
  • Gargoyle: Dive also has a knockback effect (which interrupts casting aswell). Tornado isn't that strong, I'd put it at 20% or 30%. Before even starting the fight, designate who will take over maintanking Garg once your usual tank loses threat (most of them can't maintain threat against air form), bouncing threat between multiple heroes is a recipe for disaster. Killing all bugs is the highest priority, always make sure ALL bugs are dead (even the few that can get stuck on the cliffs because they can reset the whole fight) before moving on to hitting Garg. Warn the healer when you are going to break the threat threshold. During air the maintank should run near a cliff and everyone else away from him so that garg's attack doesn't have a additional targets to bounce to. Bugs are very slow so if your tank cant gain threat on all of them, DPS and Healers should employ hit and run maneuvers. The only deviation from this strategy is if there is a monk in the party with armor-pierce alent, he will stay on Garg at all times (ignore bugs also) so that he can be the tank during air phase.

• The most important aspect of this fight is to always be ready to run near LoC to avoid Shattering Glacier (I prepare by counting to 30 in my head, but you can also just go near after 2 battering rams).
  • Battering Ram:Move away from the line between the boss and the main tank.
  • Never stand near the ice wall.
  • Tank should avoid standing near any wall to avoid being bashed through.
  • Frostbite should be purged if possible by any applicable skill but usually Mage's Dispel

Sorry for the wall of text. Formatting isn't really my thing, which is why I don't make guides in the first place ~_~.

Awesome. As always, very usefull information Kamina! I've been watching the replay of yours - and i must say i was having a great time. Watching you guys going from slaughtering the Foothill bosses with precise coordination and getting a few good drops here and there to the part where you decided to test The Lord of Caverns. It was a blast watch the party go from looking like a bad ass pro team who steamrolled the content to failing miserable. I know this is a combination of the fact that no one but a few of you knew what to do and some bugs with the fight. But this just proves that even though you're a veteran player - this map/game? still delivers challenging content!

I'm currently writing the tactics section for Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle while fixing any unaccurate information that may exist on the current cards of the Foothill Bosses.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I will watch the LoC replay and find out if there is a bug with ram.

I'm not sure what exactly the problem with battering is from your description. Is the damage too low or does the AoE not apply correctly?

Oh and btw... I appreciate all the effort that went into this. This guide has an amazing presentation (graphics-wise)!

However, can I please request you guys to not post any strategies or info about any new bosses for the upcoming versions? I will release a new boss battle to test later this week and I don't want people to know the tactics before the bosses are even released officially. It's okay to spread this by the word of mouth, I just don't want any strategy guides on the forums for these bosses until the official release.

Last edited:
Level 4

I'm not sure what exactly the problem with battering is from your description. Is the damage too low or does the AoE not apply correctly?

Oh and btw... I appreciate all the effort that went into this. This guide has an amazing presentation (graphics-wise)!

However, can I please request you guys to not post any strategies or info about any new bosses for the upcoming versions? I will release a new boss battle to test later this week and I don't want people to know the tactics before the bosses are even released officially. It's okay to spread this by the word of mouth, I just don't want any strategy guides on the forums for these bosses until the official release.

Very good timing Zwieb and i appreciate the fine comments from all of you.

I was about to release the guide for The Lord of Caverns. But i'll wait to release any cards regarding unreleased content now and in the future.

All updates on the Foothill Bosses will arrive tommorow - then it's time to move onto D1, D2 and D3.

Level 8

The damage is just where I like it. Large enough to be a serious threat but not large enough that a tanking class can't handle it. The AoE on the other hand.. yeah I don't think it's applying at all. Not once did I see any unit except the main target be affected.

However, can I please request you guys to not post any strategies or info about any new bosses for the upcoming versions?

My bad. Will remove .txt and replay.

Fack0r if you need info on beta content, send me a PM (or msg me on garena) and I'll answer in kind.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The damage is just where I like it. Large enough to be a serious threat but not large enough that a tanking class can't handle it. The AoE on the other hand.. yeah I don't think it's applying at all. Not once did I see any unit except the main target be affected.

My bad. Will remove .txt and replay.

Fack0r if you need info on beta content, send me a PM (or msg me on garena) and I'll answer in kind.
Can you send me the replay, though? I need to analyze battering ram.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Fack0r.. It's amazing what you have accomplished here!

One thing about Brood Mother: remember to add that the nets should be destroyed fast to avoid getting stuck in the poison cloud. If the nets aren't destroyed, it leads to a sure wipe, so it is an important addition to the guide

Level 8
Looking good. I don't see arp though. I think it's pretty important for bosses that have it. I don't see many spelling errors either.

1. I love how crab is the only one looking left. "You guys are idiots! They'll be looking for bosses facing that way."
  2. Hill Giant: Boulder Toss. Last line, "ones" should be "once".
  3. Hill Giant: Earthquake. First line, "a earthquake" should be "an earthquake".
  4. BM: Chrysalis. Ones again.
  5. Seargant Deakan: Call reinforcements. First line should be "Summons a thief for assistance" or "Summons a thief to assist in battle".
  6. Seargant Deakan: Notes. "the" Should be "then". Also, you should say that the tank focuses on the boss while others deal with adds. Squire can just taunt it then immediately go back to boss, mystic can cast liquefy arms.
  7. Gaelas Tar: Frost Cage and Notes. You should say that frost cage is dispellable. Even Thief's Blurred Motions will work (I.want.to.BREAK FREE!I.want.to.breeeaakfree. I want to break free from your lies, you're so self-satisfied I don't need yoouuoouuoo~ OK I'll stop now).

Level 4
Fack0r.. It's amazing what you have accomplished here!

One thing about Brood Mother: remember to add that the nets should be destroyed fast to avoid getting stuck in the poison cloud. If the nets aren't destroyed, it leads to a sure wipe, so it is an important addition to the guide

Thanks alot Jumbo! Yes, the tactics sections for Brood Mother and the Gargoyle needs some optimization which will be in the next update.

Looking good. I don't see arp though. I think it's pretty important for bosses that have it. I don't see many spelling errors either.

1. I love how crab is the only one looking left. "You guys are idiots! They'll be looking for bosses facing that way."
  2. Hill Giant: Boulder Toss. Last line, "ones" should be "once".
  3. Hill Giant: Earthquake. First line, "a earthquake" should be "an earthquake".
  4. BM: Chrysalis. Ones again.
  5. Seargant Deakan: Call reinforcements. First line should be "Summons a thief for assistance" or "Summons a thief to assist in battle".
  6. Seargant Deakan: Notes. "the" Should be "then". Also, you should say that the tank focuses on the boss while others deal with adds. Squire can just taunt it then immediately go back to boss, mystic can cast liquefy arms.
  7. Gaelas Tar: Frost Cage and Notes. You should say that frost cage is dispellable. Even Thief's Blurred Motions will work (I.want.to.BREAK FREE!I.want.to.breeeaakfree. I want to break free from your lies, you're so self-satisfied I don't need yoouuoouuoo~ OK I'll stop now).

1. All units are standing in a 315 angel. The crab's left side is actually the front. He is my favourite! :D

And thanks for the typos and the extra information provided! As ALWAYS very helpful Kamina!

EDIT: I'm working on the special properties on each boss which includes ArP. There will be a full release of special properties on each boss (if any) when i'm done :)

Last edited:
Level 4
It's one of those neat little details blizzard added that nobody recognizes until being told. Think about it...! How does a crab walk?

Exactly :D Blizzard has a thing for details which i've always loved. The same goes for this map.

EDIT:

Boss Index 0.2.1 now live!

As usual please report any typos or suggestions you may or may not have.

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT EDIT: Gaelas Tar is missing some updates which i forgot to include in this version. It will be in the next update!

Last edited:
Level 8
  1. The Protector: Gaping Wounds. Isn't this 1st threat? I remember it being different from other bosses in that regard.
  2. The Protector: Feline Reflexes. This is dispellable.
  3. The Protector: Notes. While you can dispel a stun from an ally, you can't dispel stun from yourself because it is a normal spell action and you can't do those when you're stunned. You can only purge your own stun with skills like Blurred Motions.
  4. The Ancient One: Notes. First line, "are" should be "is". I'm guessing things like splash/bounce attack will be in the special properties when that's released.

Level 4
  1. The Protector: Gaping Wounds. Isn't this 1st threat? I remember it being different from other bosses in that regard.

Tested this. He will apply Gaping Wounds to #2 Aggro Target.

1. The Protector: Feline Reflexes. This is dispellable.

Damn, i missed that. Thanks.

1. The Protector: Notes. While you can dispel a stun from an ally, you can't dispel stun from yourself because it is a normal spell action and you can't do those when you're stunned. You can only purge your own stun with skills like Blurred Motions.

I just tested this again and confirmed this. Will get a fix in the next update.

1. The Ancient One: Notes. First line, "are" should be "is". I'm guessing things like splash/bounce attack will be in the special properties when that's released.

Indeed! :)

EDIT:

Boss Index 0.2.2 now live!

Last edited:
Level 8
Hmm, yeah.
  • Tank: Self->Healer.
  • Healer:None just keep healing (overgeared healers can drop their own webs)
  • Melee DPS:Self->Healer->Rest.
  • Ranged DPS: Healer-> Any heroes in chrysalis AND cloud-> Self-> Rest.
Melee heroes shouldn't try to free any units under cloud (unless it's themselves ofcourse), they'll just take too much damage and put pressure on the healer.

Level 4
I think u should include in bm strategy that dps classes should take care of healer's (or all caster's) chrysalis.

You're right. Will update this!

What is that unique boss thingy? o_O

My ideas and thoughts. They are not in the game and are not planned to be released in any content. This is simply my creations. :)

Hmm, yeah.
  • Tank: Self->Healer.
  • Healer:None just keep healing (overgeared healers can drop their own webs)
  • Melee DPS:Self->Healer->Rest.
  • Ranged DPS: Healer-> Any heroes in chrysalis AND cloud-> Self-> Rest.
Melee heroes shouldn't try to free any units under cloud (unless it's themselves ofcourse), they'll just take too much damage and put pressure on the healer.

Working on it! Will be in the next update with the missing mechanic on Frost Cage.... Forgot that three times! -.-

EDIT: 0.2.2a now live delivering some missing updates i somehow managed not to apply these updates in the past version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.