• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2B(16) released - repeatable quest demo included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download at the usual place.

- Added a feature demo (and proof of concept) for the new repeatable quest system just outside of Mytargas at the refugee camp; offering a semi-random repeatable level 16-24 quest
- Fixed a bug sometimes affecting units with a permanent frost debuff when using Frostbite Arrow or fighting Gazrow
- Dispel Magic can no longer be spammed without triggering the 0.5 second cooldown when upgraded
- SP-dependency of Skeleton Mage, Efreet and Nymph summons now mentioned in the tooltip
- Symbol of Fury tooltips corrected
- Fixed Claw Strike and Beast Fury on Servant of the Skies (this time for real!)
- Game Hints now have a toggle button in the options tab in the hero command card; this will also restart the game hints
- Fixed a bug with frost cage lasting way longer than intended
- Added 'Cold Death' Recipe to the drop list of the Ancient One and increased chance to drop the recipe from turtles and water elementals in the cave aswell

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

- Added a feature demo (and proof of concept) for the new repeatable quest system just outside of Mytargas at the refugee camp; offering a semi-random repeatable level 16-24 quest
VERY nice! That level range will be so much less boring.
Thanks for the update

Level 8
Thanks for the Cold Death buff, great to see this bow being used more often. Such a great model.

The repeatable quest thing is awesome, but the cooldown (30 minutes) is a little too high. I'm thinking 10-15 minutes would be more appropriate. Keep in mind that Gaias is pretty fast paced (when people aren't AFK and stuff). No point in repeatable quests that you can out-level before the cooldown.

Also, I think it's a bug but if another player hands in a repeatable quest, the timer resets globally. So if you have 5 minutes left, then another player finishes his quest and takes his reward, you have to wait the full 30minutes again to get your own quest.

Level 8
Doublepost inc.
Did you intend to spam Seer's Mass Teleport? ATM, after he casts Mass Teleport the first time, he casts it again at every spell rotation. So it goes:
Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> *teamwipe*
That's pretty hardcore. TBH I'm happy with how difficult it is, but I think there'll be some hate if a world boss is this hard. Perhaps stick just one Instant Teleport rotation in-between the Mass Teleports?

Level 3
Doublepost inc.
Did you intend to spam Seer's Mass Teleport? ATM, after he casts Mass Teleport the first time, he casts it again at every spell rotation. So it goes:
Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Teleport -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> Nova/Trap/Laser -> Mass -> *teamwipe*
That's pretty hardcore. TBH I'm happy with how difficult it is, but I think there'll be some hate if a world boss is this hard. Perhaps stick just one Instant Teleport rotation in-between the Mass Teleports?

All boss (especially Overseer) are Too EZ

Level 8
The old cooldown was too long. If you increase the current cooldown by 15 seconds it would be perfect I think. Additionally reducing the initial cooldown is good too.

Level 7
Would there be anything particularly wrong with triggering mass Teleports at certain HP intervals?

Like 70%, 40%, and 10%? With each mass teleport becoming a bit more difficult than the previous one. Either with stronger golems or a higher starting room damage? The Seer himself seems rather easy enough, but these mass teleports are the real difficult part of the fight, so focusing the main difficulty around 3 triggered teleports should give sufficient difficulty, without it becoming trivial in the end. We certainly want more than 1 mass teleport per fight, but this spamming of mass teleport certainly seems a bit too difficult. Forcing 3 triggered intervals at the very least prevents the fight from becoming a bit too simple in the future as well, as our DPS increases and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.