1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Boss Index/Data

Discussion in 'Guides & Database' started by Fack0r, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will be updating this thread alot. I'm currently working on getting the data for the rest of the bosses in the game. All bosses will end up in here with detailed information. :thumbs_up:

Changelog:

Boss Index 0.2.2a
    - Optimized the note section on The Protector card.
    - Added missing Dispellable mechanics on the ability Frost Cage.

Boss Index 0.2.2
    - Corrected some typos on The Protector and The Ancient One cards.
    - Optimized the note section on The Protector card. Marked obsolete.
    - Added missing Dispellable mechanics on the ability Feline Reflexes.
    - Added Big Bad Wolf to the Boss Index. The unique bosses section are my ideas and thoughts. THEY DO NOT EXIST IN THE GAME.

Boss Index 0.2.1a
    - Updated the category logoes for World Bosses and Dungeon Bosses.

Boss Index 0.2.1
    - Corrected several typos on the Zibnix, Sergeant Deakan, Hill Giant and Brood Matriarch cards.
    - Corrected damage school colors on the Zibnix card.
    - Optimized the tactics section on the Brood Matriarch card.
    - Optimized the notes section on the Sergeant Deakan card.
    - Added a graphical unit presentation on the ability Call Reinforcements.
    - Added The Protector and The Ancient One to the Boss Index.

Boss Index 0.2.0
    - Corrected a typo for Interruptible mechanics.
    - Corrected several typos on the Foothills cards.
    - Corrected a few typos on the Gar'Tok & Sarash card.
    - Corrected damage value of the ability Debris.
    - Optimized the tactics section on the Hill Giant and Gazrow Steamwrench cards.
    - Changed the unit presentation on all cards.
    - Changed color theme on the nameplates of all cards. World Bosses (Red) Dungeon Bosses (Gold) Unique Bosses (Green) Level (White)
    - Added a tactics section on the Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle cards.
    - Added missing Dispellable mechanics on various abilties.
    - Added Zibnix, Sergeant Deakan and Gaelas Tar to the Boss Index.

Boss Index 0.1.9
    - Added Hill Giant, Gazrow Steamwrench, Brood Matriarch and Gargoyle to the Boss Index.
    - Added zone relations to all cards.
    - Changed layout for World Bosses.
    - Changed unit presentation on the cards Sanev and Gar'Tok & Sarash.

Boss Index 0.1.8
    - Added Sanev to the Boss Index.
    - Added cooldowns to all abilities. If no number is shown cooldown is zero.
    - Added color for damage schools.
    - Changed the layout for World Bosses.

Boss Index 0.1.7
    - Fixed the tactic section of Gar'Tok and Sarash's card.
    - Fixed description of Mana Prism.
    - Corrected the ability name of Debris.
    - Added "soon to come" card for Sanev.

Boss Index 0.1.6
    - Fixed some typos for Sarash The Enlightened.
    - Changed the layout for World Bosses.

Boss Index 0.1.5
    - Added Gar'Tok The Slayer and Sarash The Enlightened to the Box Index.
    - Fixed school damage of Soul Strike.

Boss Index 0.1.4
    - Fixed mechanics of Gaping Wounds and Crippling Curse.
    - Fixed missing damage school of Crippling Curse.

Boss Index 0.1.3
    - Added Rock Golem to the Boss Index.
    - Added a new note for Witchdoctor Maluvu.

Boss Index 0.1.2
    - Changed the theme of all cards.
    - Added "soon to come" card for Rock Golem, Gar'Tok The Slayer, Sarash The Enlightened, Hill Giant, Gazrow Steamwrench, Brood Matriarch, Gargoyle and The Lord of Caverns.

Boss Index 0.1.1
    - Fixed missing mechanics of Giant Crab's abilities.
    - Fixed a typo in Witchdoctor Maluvu's notes.
    - Fixed Giant Crab's attack speed. Visual mistake.

Boss Index 0.1.0
    - Added Giant Crab, Giant Wolf and Witchdoctor Maluvu to the Boss Index.

Contributions Credits:

Jumbo
    Zwiebelchen
    SaikoDeMoN

Current Avaliable: Boss Index (0.2.2a)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice!
    One typo: therefor should be therefore

3. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixed! :) And thanks.

4. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're welcome :)

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice layout. Neat visual presentation!

You might want to add the possibility to dispel crippling curse from Maluvu with blurred motions. Many people (especially the veterans) keep forgetting this cool new feature.

6. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks alot! :thumbs_up:

Agreed! A little note about Blurred Motions has been added!

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Also, both gaping wounds from the crab and crippling from the troll are not random target. They are second-in-aggro.

8. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixed. :thumbs_up:

9. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remember the Dungeon 1, 2, 3 bosses :). Or maybe you dont want them included on purpose?

10. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for double post, just noticed Sarash and Sasha are 2 different names mentioned for the ogre boss even though it is obviously the same character ;-)

11. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure! Every boss is going to end up in here :)
    Just didn't create the section for D1, D2 and D3 yet.

Fixed. Thanks.

12. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well it looks very nice. Im curious as to how you came up with the numbers. Did you test them with a hero that has zero armor/resistances/block? Also you'll have to take a sample set of atleast 10 instances to find the range or average except for a select few spells that deal a set amount of damage or heal (like alch's heal). Also, crab and gar'tok should be average attack speed, maluvu and sarash should be slow. Sanev slow aswell if you care to add him (I don't see his card or placeholder card).

What is up with the orc info? It should say: Phase 2 - When Gar'tok hits 20% (or whatever), he receives shield and stops casting Axe Throw while Sarash becomes vulnerable, loses Mana Prism and gains an aoe stun until killed THEN you enter Phase 3 with a weak solo Gar'tok who gets his axe throw back. Maybe you're thinking of smashing gartok with a revenge crit and bypassing that? I don't think that's intended and parties at the appropriate level can't do that anyway.

Mana Prism doesn't instantly kill anyone at any point, gaias doesn't have an instakill mechanic (even bloodthirst just makes a boss do much more dmg, not instakill). Mana Prism slowly regenerates Sarash's MP, the longer he channels the faster he regenerates and stops channeling when all lanterns are destroyed. You should also note that Mana Prism has a fixed cooldown, meaning he will recast it very quickly if you decide to wait to interrupt it. When he hits max mana he zaps all enemies for X amounts of elemental (probably magic but not too sure) damage until all lanterns are destroyed, it gets hard at this point but still possible to beat if 4 players are ready to destroy lanterns quickly.

Sarash's stun is called Debris and note that he will face the target on cast and there will be a shadow where it will fall.

Suggestion: Add respawn times for world bosses.

13. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you go ingame and hover your mouse over their attack power icon, you can see that the current attack speed of the cards are correct.

Yes, Sanev is also going to be in here.
    The Sludge monster are going to be in a section called Unique Bosses
    The rest of the dungeon bosses are going to have a section for themselves D1 Bosses, D2 Bosses and D3 Bosses.

I will be updating the Tactics section with this information.
    However, this isnt the phase that i've experienced with a couple of my friends - maybe we somehow managed to bug the fight and skip a phase? Hmm.

Gar'Tok never recieved a shield and Sarash never stopped casting Mana Prism.

First of all - thanks for the detailed information! I did not have this accurate data about the mechanics of Mana Lanterns.

Gar'Tok and Sarash will recieve some heavy fixes after this post. Thanks!

14. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check replay if you want to see how a normal fight goes. The fight you're describing is due to a bug that was in 1.2B(1) to 1.2B(5).

Attached Files:

15. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks. EDIT: I checked the replay. I can only see you typing in your vault and save code - while nothing is happening in the rest of the replay.

And to answer your question about the damage values. Yes, i got hit by the abilities 100 times with no armor and resistances while healing myself as a Bishop.

EDIT EDIT: 0.1.7 Boss Index now live! Thanks for your help Kamina.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  16. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Second time this has happened. What have you done to my precious replays Zwieb >_>. At any rate, you can play the latest version (or anything from 1.2B(6) upwards) and see for yourself if you don't believe me.

I did boss research some time in 2013. I'll find the .txt (yeah I know, oldschool) and post it soon - probably some time today.

17. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would be of great help! Sure, i do believe you. That's why i already took that information and recompiled the tactics section with it. See for yourself :)

I dont know if you're farming the Foothills Bosses at the moment, but if you are - would you mind data mining the abilities and values of them while you fight them. I currently only have a level 42 Bishop with no party - so i can't access these fights yet. Just a request! (EDIT: I found a topic with awesome information about these bosses, however i would still love to have fully updated information)

Off topic: Currently working on Sanev. When he is done, i will create the rest of "soon to come" cards for all the remaining bosses. And then move on to the Foothills Bosses.

18. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright here we go. Boss Data 03 - The Sewers is incomplete (didn't get stats for all shade's doppelgangers) so I'll hold off on that. The cooldowns and durations were estimated in my head so they may not be 100% accurate but I'm sure its pretty damn close.

Attached Files:

19. Fack0r

Fack0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, that is really really helpful! I see you got some info on some special- properties and stats on some of the bosses - cool!

I still see some of the abilities on Gar'Tok and Sarash not having the right values of damage. But i guess that changed since 2013.

Anyhow, a great thank you from here.

20. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tested some stuff in the new version and updated accordingly:
    • Dispel on all boss skills
    • Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage
    • Sludge and Shade
    • Class quest bosses
    • Dungeon bosses

Maybe you should retest Sarash and Gar'tok skill damage yourself, remember to have 0 armor to see true damage or add to the values by your current armor. Also don't wear a shield or have parry or have any block talent. Furthermore, keep an eye out for crits (larger numbers) because your 400-600 on debris looks like a crit 600 to me. AFAIK all bosses can crit all damage and heals for 150%, this may be a little different for some bosses though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015