• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard or Valve

What company do you admire the most?

• Blizzard

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Valve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • None

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Blizzard or Valve
swagers bros.jpg

???????????????????????

Hello guys another thread by Wardota2 Gamer here and I have been thinking where you guys are inpired by there games such as Warcraft III which is made by Blizzard a game where you can creat make your own the game is disigned for you to learn how to creat mods creat your own races creat your own melee maps,arena's,campgains and more Blizzard is a company with creativity that gives people knoledge to learn modding and more.

Valve I dont really know more about Valve what I know about Valve is that they are a little bit greedy they are the company that gives people be addicted in there games and gives them lesson like campgain and stories and stuff but they don't offer people to learn the only offer people to play there games and give them lessons such as Half Life 2 and right now they have CS:GO and the most popular game DOTA2 which is a mod that is made when Warcraft III Frozen Throne was released and why do they have DOTA2 they where halped by Icefrog the original makers of Defence of the Ancients also known as DOTA when Warcraft III Frozen Throne was released DOTA came in as a mod and it came as a hit the sensational game in nationwide but since DOTA was getting boring people did not play anymore but some are still.When Icefrog think that they does not get paid in DOTA they left Warcraft III and left Defence of the Ancients when they found the company of Valve they made a game called DOTA2 which is created for people to be more creative so they can learned how to estemate and more than a strategy game.Then Valve became a company rich because of DOTA2 and not all because of there so many games.

Blizzard is more than a company they are a company that is so popular because of there games but Blizzard has games like Warcraft III,Starcraft II,Diablo III,World of Warcraft and the first person shooting game Overwatch.There games are known as legendary for there great knowledge and don't forget there other games like the card game Heartstone and the alike of DOTA2 the Heroes of the Storm a game which you can pick heroes in all of there games from WOW,SC2,Overwatch all the hereos came from the 3 games.

So in this thread you are gonna vote where you wan't Blizzard and Valve.

And also you can also talk your opinions and anything you know about Blizzard and Valve.My knowledge in the two companies are just small a will try to learn more so if you have anymore ideas of the two companis and this also includes Icefrog.Keep it clean!

You can vote Blizzard,Valve,Both,None if you vote you must have a reason to why do you admire the most why Blizzard? why Valve? why Both? why None

Keep it clean in this Thread!

Last edited:
Level 14
In my mind, Blizzard has not made a single game that I consider remotely bad. I'll admit I have not played every single game, but I have played every game and expansion released by them since 2000~
I cannot say the same for Valve
Well the game I only played in Blizzard is Warcraft III in Valve I also play there game DOTA2.SO no loss.Both the companies games are popular no one knows which of them have the best games.The reason why no one knows is they both have great games even though Blizzard only have I think 12 or 13 including there old games they are still the best.And Valve has more that 10 games they have 100 games or even more they also have tools for you to creat your own mod like in CS:GO

Edit:
In Blizzards game Warcraft III you can make mods games and even your own tools program models maps and more.While Valve on the other hand also have a tool that you can creat maps models and more Blizzard and Valve are like desame but have different setwations in comes of thinking of a game or making updates or expansions.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Valve doesn't make games anymore since they found out they can make more money by selling games from other companies... I don't see why this is even a question.

Valve I dont really know more about Valve what I know about Valve is that they are a little bit greedy they are the company that gives people be addicted in there games and gives them lesson like campgain and stories and stuff but they don't offer people to learn the only offer people to play there games and give them lessons such as Half Life 2 and right now they have CS:GO and the most popular game DOTA2 which is a mod that is made when Warcraft III Frozen Throne was released and why do they have DOTA2 they where halped by Icefrog the original makers of Defence of the Ancients also known as DOTA when Warcraft III Frozen Throne was released DOTA came in as a mod and it came as a hit the sensational game in nationwide but since DOTA was getting boring people did not play anymore but some are still.When Icefrog think that they does not get paid in DOTA they left Warcraft III and left Defence of the Ancients when they found the company of Valve they made a game called DOTA2 which is created for people to be more creative so they can learned how to estemate and more than a strategy game.Then Valve became a company rich because of DOTA2 and not all because of there so many games.
Also, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST interpunctuation!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I remember that quite a few patches for Half-Life had nasty issues in them.

Plus, some advanced mods did not work anymore when Valve released the v1.1.0.0 patch. And they never provided an official way to go back to the (previous) 1.0.x.x versions of the game.

Plus, the final v1.1.1.0 patch from 2002 for the retail version of the game still had annoying glitches which unfortunately never got fixed, because Valve had decided from now on to only update the Steam version of the game.

Of course, none of this nonsense with Blizzard *cough*. :hohum:

pinocchio.jpg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Blizzard offers higher quality though with all its first party games being top quality.
Which reminds me, I suppose that everybody is already aware that Destiny 2 is coming to Battle.net?

(credit goes to @deepstrasz)

Excerpt:
[...]

Why are you adding a non-Blizzard game to Blizzard's platform?

We loved Destiny and think Destiny 2 is going to be a great game—and we want to get our hands on Destiny 2 as soon as possible like everybody else, so we offered to share our PC platform with our sister companies for this release

Does this mean other games are going to come to the Blizzard platform too?

Our focus in terms of supporting non-Blizzard games is solely around Destiny 2. Aside from potentially evaluating needs or opportunities for future Activision games, we don’t have any short- or long-term plans to support third-party games with Battle.net. It’s important to us to maintain our quality standards for any experience or service we’re putting in front of our players, which represents a big investment of time and effort on our part, so this is not something we’re jumping into lightly.

[...]

Level 22
Then Valve became a company rich because of DOTA2 and not all because of there so many games.
I don't know what kind of rock are you living under, but Valve is already rich before DotA 2 and has decent library of games like Portal and Half Life (Portal franchise is one of the best games in my opinion). I like Blizzard too because of Warcraft 3 (I voted for Both) but Valve is one of the top game developers out there, most of their games are well polished and spawned a lot of memes due to popularity (The Cake is a Lie, Half Life 3 confirmed). You clearly didn't research enough before creating this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.