• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard fuses with Activision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
As far as i know, Activision made the "Total War" games. Those are not bad, but they havent made great changes to them (at least in my eyes). A Total War game with a Warcraft feeling would deffinetly be nice =P

Level 45
Activision made the early Mechwarrior games, even though they are old, hell, playing them again is still awesome, for me of course.
And Activision stuff is alright to me, got no real human beef with them. I dont really care with this whole "blizz+acti" merge shit and what people are complaining about, hell, its fairly common or normal or whatever for shit like this to happen. So really, if there isnt many changes then whats so bad? Surely ...well yeah, not much + but I dont see much -. So not really anything to whine about from me yeah.

Level 19
Alright... Nothing will change... Vivala has owned Blizzard and Activision Blizzard since stone age... So what should we be afrait off?
Btw:
Warcraft III = Nice Custom Maps
Starcraft = Good melee
Warcraft III + Starcraft = Powerful Starcraft II Editor :)

Last edited:
Level 6
Dont think copy right allows them to do that... and this game is rather new:
(Just to prove)
like i said, activision made it first then sega took over
medieval_ii_total_war.jpg

Level 10
Activion pretty much made all the good games we play today, so if blizzard and activision are combining, we should get better graphic games, better lore, and improved Jass built in world editors.

That my friends is the Nerd dream.

Level 8
If they don't make warcraft 4 they're as silly as squareenix not releasing a ff7 remake for ps3. Missing out on potential millions. (The latter billions from fanboys)

Leave FF7 alone. It's a great game on its own and it's still not the best FF I played.

And I'm all up for ACTI + BLIZZ

Mechwarriors used to rule. Too bad it didn't sell enough.

Level 13
Be on the look out for Rockin Arthas in Guitar Hero 4!11!!!1 :wthumbsup: haha
/end lol

Nah, all kidding aside, I dont really see how this merger is beneficial. If the development teams arent merging I dont see any real changes for Blizzard except maybe Activision pushing them to get some games out faster (or maybe on time for once). Though, the fact will likely be that nothing will change seeing how it isnt a real "merger" but rather a partnership.

Just wondering, anyone know if they are sharing rights then? For example, blizzard can incorporate FF7 characters etc in their work.

Level 34
Add: That we all love. Warcraft-cartoonish style rules!

Maybe Ralle should add a Poll in this:
Do you want Blizzard to fuse with Activision?
A) Yes
B) No
C) Maybe, don't know (optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.