• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard ability can freeze enemy units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Which buff can I customize so that the Blizzard spell so that it freezes units in place with a block of ice around them, for other units to freely attack them for X seconds until they thaw.

Level 35
What he means with trigger the spell would be to: Pick every unit effected by the spell (remember to remove the group after) and either:

Trigger the whole thing: pause unit for xx sec based on level of spell (of course with the added sfx effects - remember to remove after)

or

cast frost nova on the picked units...

I could go further into detail if need be.

Level 9
What he means with trigger the spell would be to: Pick every unit effected by the spell (remember to remove the group after) and either:

Trigger the whole thing: pause unit for xx sec based on level of spell (of course with the added sfx effects - remember to remove after)

or

cast frost nova on the picked units...

I could go further into detail if need be.

It would be nice.

Last edited:
Level 35
use war stomp and change the buff to freezing breath.
have a dummy unit cast the custom war stomp at the location where blizzard is cast.
this will "freeze" the enemy units in place and you can even make it do initial damage.

Just what I intended... with the frost nova effect added :wink:

Do I still need to show it to you Koopa?

Level 35
Isn't there a way to do this without a dummy unit? Or no?

That was the second option I mentioned:

• Do something like this (Didn't bother for exact names)
  • Events
    • Unit - Begins challenging an ability
  • Conditions
    • Boolan - Ability being cast equal to blabla
  • Actions
    • Unit - Pick all units (affected by last cast ability)
      • Then do
        • Actions
          • Unit - Pause (picked units) for (5 + (int * (level of (ability))) (or make some other condition whatever...)
          • Show effect/sfx on target unit (or to make it more easier just give them a buff with that as target model - this would also spare making a wait = you won't have to make it local.. so actually just ignore the sfx part and use a Buff...(for instance replace the Blizzard buff)))
          • Custom Script - call Destroy_Group (Picked units)
Something like this, hope it will help you - I can post the exact trigger with correct trigger names and free of leaks. But this should be enough, I believe. :wink:

Level 9
That was the second option I mentioned:

• Do something like this (Didn't bother for exact names)
  • Events
    • Unit - Begins challenging an ability
  • Conditions
    • Boolan - Ability being cast equal to blabla
  • Actions
    • Unit - Pick all units (affected by last cast ability)
      • Then do
        • Actions
          • Unit - Pause (picked units) for (5 + (int * (level of (ability))) (or make some other condition whatever...)
          • Show effect/sfx on target unit (or to make it more easier just give them a buff with that as target model - this would also spare making a wait = you won't have to make it local.. so actually just ignore the sfx part and use a Buff...(for instance replace the Blizzard buff)))
          • Custom Script - call Destroy_Group (Picked units)
Something like this, hope it will help you - I can post the exact trigger with correct trigger names and free of leaks. But this should be enough, I believe. :wink:

Unit - Pick all units (affected by last cast ability)

What action is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.