• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey! :goblin_boom:

I'm making a TD map, and i have beginned with some towers and stuff like that.
And ofcourse i need some abilities within those towers.
And im gonna create a Freeze of some sort for my Ice Tower.
What i want to do with that ability, is it that its gonna gonna 1 single unit, and freezez that one. But in the same point that one is freezed by the towers ability i want like units that is around that hitted unit range is also being frozed. Hope some and can help me, and it was understand-able :) :goblin_yeah:

Level 23
You can basicly use a damage detection system and when damage is dealt to a unit, check the unit type of the damaging unit. If it is an ice tower, use a dummy caster to cast a modified war stomp ability.
You can change the SFX model of the debuff effect to make it look like ice.

Or you could just use the Freezing Breath ability.

Level 12
You can basicly use a damage detection system and when damage is dealt to a unit, check the unit type of the damaging unit. If it is an ice tower, use a dummy caster to cast a modified war stomp ability.
You can change the SFX model of the debuff effect to make it look like ice.
I hope that was a joke..

If you really want a complete freeze, use freezing breath and set the targets accordingly.

If you just want a slow, use frost attack, which can be seen in the testmap I attached. The slow values can be set in the gameplay constants.

In both cases your tower needs weapon type missile (splash) and some other small values adjusted to make it work -> see testmap.

Attachments

• AoEFrostAttack.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 44
Level 12
I hope that was a joke..

If you really want a complete freeze, use freezing breath and set the targets accordingly.

If you just want a slow, use frost attack, which can be seen in the testmap I attached. The slow values can be set in the gameplay constants.

In both cases your tower needs weapon type missile (splash) and some other small values adjusted to make it work -> see testmap.

Nice, but can the units also be damaged? Like those who are in the ao of the attacked unit?

Level 12
Nice, but can the units also be damaged? Like those who are in the ao of the attacked unit?

Of course, I thought you didnt want that. Just set the damage factor from -1 to the part of damage you want the unit to deal in the splash range.

Level 12
You dont need a screenshot.

Object Editor -> Units -> Blood Mage -> Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Factor

Also take a look at the other values, you can do interesting things ;).

Level 12
No problem.

When using missile (splash) you can adjust several things. There are three range circles where you can grade damage if you want. The range is destined by "Area of Effect (Full Damage)/(Medium Damage)/(Small Damage)"
The damage factor for the full damage circle is always 1, for the other ones you can adjust it via "Damage Factor - Medium/Small"

In the testmap I set the range of "Area of Effect (Small Damage)" to 500, so you have to use the "Damage Factor - Small" value.

In the gameplay constants there does exist a value called "Combat - Missed Attacks Damage Factor". This value determines how much damage an AoE attack does if it misses. You might want to set that value to 0, so that a missed attack actually does no damage.

If you got more questions about how splash or something else works just ask :).

Level 12
Small DMG is only maxed up to 10, so is the medium and the other one to.
And i might know why, is it because you use a Unit hero and i use a tower or?

It has nothing to do with the unit being a hero. A value of 10 means 10 times normal damage is splashed!! (You can set it higher if you really want by using the SHIFT+ENTER combo that lets you set a wider range of values though)

I hope that was a joke..

Just forgot about the freezing breath ability. No need to call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.