• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange abilities for towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a TD that has 3 playable races, demonic, magical, and ghostly. I want the ghostly builder's towers to have strange abilities. Its a small TD so he only has 4 towers. Problem is, each tower has a strange ability and i have no idea how to go about making them, so im asking the good ol' hive.

First tower: Inferno tower - this tower has no model file, but it is instead a constant rain of fire that will damage any unit that comes close to where you built it.

Second Tower: Beam tower - looks like an arcane tower, every four seconds it fires a beam in each of the cardinal directions that spans for a length of 70.

Third Tower: Crippling tower - looks like a Tomb of Relics and has a "slow aura" that reduces the movement speed of any enemy units that get too close.

Fourth Tower: Tentacle Tower, looks like the Forgotten One. Whenever an enemy unit gets too close, this tower fires off an impale in the enemy's direction.

If anybody knows how to go about making these towers, id be much obliged!

Level 40
Second Tower: Beam tower - looks like an arcane tower, every four seconds it fires a beam in each of the cardinal directions that spans for a length of 70.
Shockwave? Or do you want it to be a ray?

Third Tower: Crippling tower - looks like a Tomb of Relics and has a "slow aura" that reduces the movement speed of any enemy units that get too close.
Endurance aura with negative ms/as bonuses (++ targets enemies, of course)

Fourth Tower: Tentacle Tower, looks like the Forgotten One. Whenever an enemy unit gets too close, this tower fires off an impale in the enemy's direction.
When it attacks, create a dummy, add impale to the dummy, order the dummy to cast impale, apply timed life to the dummy.

First tower: Inferno tower - this tower has no model file, but it is instead a constant rain of fire that will damage any unit that comes close to where you built it.
Immolation? Starfall?

I suggest you look into some basic tutorials on making triggered spells.

Some tutorials... (doesn't look like we have any basic spell ones on THW... *gets to work*)

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=52915

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=53124

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=55387

Level 8
Wow, for one person to hold that much knowledge...its inhuman, well not really but you know a lot about wc3 anyways. I know how to make all the towers now!
C'ept one thing, is there a way to make starfall never-ending?

Level 6
No but you can reduce cooldown, and let the uni cast it againg as soon as the spell ended. You will need Trigger for that this.

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - Unit finished casting an ability
    • Conidtions
      • (Triggering Unit) is equal to StarfallUnit
    • Actions
      • Order (Triggering Unit) to cast Starfall
Thats the theoretic Trigger, no WE in front of me to check for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.