• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blizz Abandoning Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have played Warcraft from day 1.
To this day Warcraft proves to be one of the only games i play on a daily basis.

It has been 10 years now since Warcraft 3 came out.

Has blizzard completely abandonded Warcraft as an RTS? with ACTUAL story line?

or do they simply not give a damn and will keep putting out a dozen expansions to a Warcraft in which there is no real storyline? in which everyone does everything and kill everything and everyone dies.

Has blizzard even once in the last 10 years made a single statement that could be construed as them EVER making a war4 in the future?

Level 9
I have played Warcraft from day 1.
To this day Warcraft proves to be one of the only games i play on a daily basis.

I'm pretty sure many still do

It has been 10 years now since Warcraft 3 came out.

2002, 10 years not complete..

Has blizzard completely abandonded Warcraft as an RTS? with ACTUAL story line?

Yes Sir

or do they simply not give a damn and will keep putting out a dozen expansions to a Warcraft in which there is no real storyline? in which everyone does everything and kill everything and everyone dies.

Of course

Has blizzard even once in the last 10 years made a single statement that could be construed as them EVER making a war4 in the future?

about Wc4 ? there has been some words by them during BlizzCon that they might use the same Sc2 Engine to create Wc4
but there is no official announcement yet
Blizzard already kept Diablo 3 along with the other Starcraft 2 Expansions
which are in line for Development/Release
Thinking about Warcraft 4 right now aint any good
they might announce it in about a decade or so :p

Level 9
The hope is lost, man.

We're doomed.

yea..
the stuff in Wc3 are just completely screwed up
including Multiplayer
Bnet PG got Hackers
on Garena every damn person is on a different patch
Custom Gamers over Bnet and Pvpgns like EuroBnet are just overflowed by bots which stay there for days with out anyone entering and just keep doing that !pub change number thing automatically to get the game on top

I just wish there was a way..

Level 13
Blizz I think is in need of some new games as it seems they are bleeding the stuff they have dry & Warcraft 4 would seem like a good new stream of cash those money hungry bastards.

Level 13
It would still make them money, I am not saying that it would make more money than WoW or any other games they have made.

Level 14
Fact is there is no need for a WC4 within the next 8 years. Once SC2 is out and starting to get its first layers of dust only then should we start talking about a WC4.

I still got time to a kid in time to share father & son warcraft moment and still be hip about it !

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It will be atleast 1-2 year after the second SC2 expansion before they start to think about making it. It will then be about 4-5 years depending what they are aiming at producing. Depending on how far titan is (will probably be revealed before the end of SC2) then you can have it that they might just start on titan is released.

Additionally, Blizzard is trying new ideas out (aka titan) so it is possible a WC4 will never be made (they decide to make a RTS/RPG hybrid to accompany titan).

Level 19
Blizzard could have plans after Diablo III and Titan, so yeah, it's a possibility that Warcraft IV would be released after then.
Anyways, I doubt Blizzard had forgotten the community, they aren't as mean and money-minded as we think they are. (Hey, they've been helping me from day 1 with a lot of stuff and issues I've had)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem behind WC3 is that it was made when Blizzard entertainment were still nobodies. Thats right, they were no different from dozens of other game developers of the time. Yes they had released SC1 and D2, both very popular games but before they could reap the benifits of them they had already started on WC3. During the development process of WC3, it went from a WoW like RPG prototype (not an MMORPG) into a RTS which set the developers back a bit. Additionally, much of the staff Blizzard was using was not the best for the job and resulted in many stupid errors and faults which could easilly have been forseen (especially present in D2 where there are lists of 100s of them not including ballence).

The company underwent major restructuring after WC3. This is the period when SCGhost was cancled and Blizzard North (makers of D2) shut down. Even when WoW first came out there were many errors and faults present.

Since then much has changed, largly due to the size Blizzard is compared to back then. WoW has been majorly patched up. New games undergo a lot more quality control.

Even during the beta of SC2, it had far less game breaking bugs than WC3 to this day. Yes you could get infestors to cast spores when burried and you could detect enemy players through the fog of war, but WC3 has crash hacks, a buggy jass interperter with leaks and crashes, leaks, graphic bugs (if too many objects are present), unresponsive pathing and poor load times.

Ofcourse the SC2E is a different story (has tons of bugs) but that is not the actual game client itself (only a problem for people developing).

Level 7
The problem behind WC3 is that it was made when Blizzard entertainment were still nobodies. Thats right, they were no different from dozens of other game developers of the time. Yes they had released SC1 and D2, both very popular games but before they could reap the benifits of them they had already started on WC3. During the development process of WC3, it went from a WoW like RPG prototype (not an MMORPG) into a RTS which set the developers back a bit. Additionally, much of the staff Blizzard was using was not the best for the job and resulted in many stupid errors and faults which could easilly have been forseen (especially present in D2 where there are lists of 100s of them not including ballence).

The company underwent major restructuring after WC3. This is the period when SCGhost was cancled and Blizzard North (makers of D2) shut down. Even when WoW first came out there were many errors and faults present.

Since then much has changed, largly due to the size Blizzard is compared to back then. WoW has been majorly patched up. New games undergo a lot more quality control.

Even during the beta of SC2, it had far less game breaking bugs than WC3 to this day. Yes you could get infestors to cast spores when burried and you could detect enemy players through the fog of war, but WC3 has crash hacks, a buggy jass interperter with leaks and crashes, leaks, graphic bugs (if too many objects are present), unresponsive pathing and poor load times.

Ofcourse the SC2E is a different story (has tons of bugs) but that is not the actual game client itself (only a problem for people developing).

if this is so, then i expect war4 will be nothing short of incredible when they do it.

Level 19
Yeah.
I do admit Blizzard has been improving even with community support recently (From personal experience and other feedback), so yeah, expect Warcraft IV to be the best thing you've ever seen.

Level 19
Which, Warcraft IV or community support?
It sounds rather nice though, to have another successful RTS/Any Combo.

Level 19
All we know is Blizzard isn't giving up on Warcraft and well, they pretty much make the best games so what I'm guessing is that they'll be releasing it to the world with a bang, making it another epic game made.

Level 2
i don't think they will make wc4 any time soon .. maybe after 10 years :p
D3 will be WoW killer so i don't think they will make another game to destroy WoW completely .
WoW already lost players for new MMOs such as rift and will lose more when GW2 and Tera released

Level 19
Actually, D3 would be more of a Blizzard Money Maker rather than a WoW killer, considering the fact that there are many people joining WoW daily even today, and the fact that Blizzard would release another revolutionary expansion.
With Titan out for even more money, and Warcraft III already successful, plus the fact that Starcraft II would be fully released and very popular, I don't see why they wouldn't think of a Warcraft IV.
They even made a Warcraft Movie which would be released soon.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
They will make warcraft 4 in 4 years, which is exactly the time when my holidays end, and college starts. Then I will brain kill myself for 6-10 years. After that I will have a job, maybe a family, and I won't have time to play warcraft 4. Life sux.

Level 19
Don't worry, Blizzard can plan out their stuff extremely well, considering most of their games have been rather good successes and really popular with the community, even till today.

Level 22
The problem behind...

...for people developing).

And don't forget that they've now merged with Activision.

They even made a Warcraft Movie which would be released soon.

Well, they picked a director. It doesn't even have a release date yet on IMDb.

I just hope it'll be a good movie. But I really worry they're going to dumb it down a lot.
It should be fine if it's anything like their CG cinematics though.

Level 19
I doubt Warcraft IV would be a failure though, like smart companies, Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, and based on the community responses they could make something worth another huge money rush for.
I do personally believe that Warcraft IV would be a success as long as Blizzard continues to plan ahead:)

Level 9
I doubt Warcraft IV would be a failure though, like smart companies, Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, and based on the community responses they could make something worth another huge money rush for.
I do personally believe that Warcraft IV would be a success as long as Blizzard continues to plan ahead:)

Warcraft 4 could never be a fail
not after coming this far

Level 9
We all must agree it was the custom maps and all that made wc3 good.

Sorry but i think WoW has a better story somewhat now they cleary said that the argent dawn killed Arthas in there storyline. so shut up ou dumbies it would've happend in wc4 anyways. they had most of there stuff planned out since burning crusade. so wc4 could've killed Warcraft thank god it didnt and now it could save warcraft.

Level 19
Hmm...
Blizzard did do a better job by continuing the story that way, although I do also believe that they wouldn't abandon Warcraft III, the first of their epic games.
So yep, Blizzard isn't abandoning Warcraft III:)

Level 19
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking of as well.
This way, they could still continue with WoW (Considering they still have the opportunity to fill up the huge time gaps and fuel that awesome game) as well as make newer RTSes which include an even better Editor (Compared to the World Editor, Galaxy Editor and hopefully, other awesome game Editors as well) that suits the needs of almost every computer and still fuels the community with awesome games.
Plus, it could start the legacy once more with a bang, and many people would definitely buy it if they knew it was good, as well as the fact that it has the word 'Warcraft' in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.