• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blademaster critical strike without slam animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Like the title says, how do I have the blademaster do critical strikes but with a normal attack animation as opposed to his slam animation?

Level 11
  • Critical strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Critical Strike
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s Attack animation
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
This trigger over-rides the attack slam animation, so it should work.

Level 2
By default, the animation is set to nothing :S...

Also, adding attack to the animation list didn't work

Level 5
hmm, ok ill look into to it, I just said that without opening WE.

EDIT: well it doesn't seem to work so, what are you using this spell for? To show the damage of attacks by setting the multiplier to 1? or you just don't like him jumping up like that?

Last edited:
Level 12
Via the Object Editor select your ability. First data on the list is "Art - Animation Names". The default for Critical Strike are "attack" "slam", delete the "slam" so it will show regular attack animation.

Level 11
That would mean that you would have to recreate the hero stat build and current stats which could be a whole waste of time.

Not at all. It's not the most efficient or best system but it's doable, and since it seems to be the only way to do it...

Of course, you'd only want to do it if it's very very important that the slam animation not play, 'cause GUI critical strikes are abusable in a lot of ways and don't sync up.

Level 2
hmm, ok ill look into to it, I just said that without opening WE.

EDIT: well it doesn't seem to work so, what are you using this spell for? To show the damage of attacks by setting the multiplier to 1? or you just don't like him jumping up like that?

Yeah, I'm using Drunken Brawler to show the damage done. Normally, I wouldn't care if he jumped up or down w/e, but it kind of detracts from knowing when spells are cast because one of my blademaster's abilities is based off pulverize, which is passive and has the slam animation

Level 7
Only way to fix this is editing the animation names for the model.
No way to make critical strike/pulverize/bash/cleave play any animation other than attack slam unless you program your own.

:O

Status
Not open for further replies.