• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Attack Slam Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there a way to remove the attack slam animation whenever a unit does a critical hit? Instead of attack slam.. It should play the normal attack animation. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 4
I mean the trigger that will remove the attack slam animation whenever a unit do critical hits.

Level 11
The Unit is Attacked event should suit your purposes. Just set the animation of the attacking unit. Don't even need a damage detection system or anything.

I'm not 100% certain it will work though... it's conceivable that the crit animation will still overwrite it. In such a case it's probably best to just edit the model.

Level 20
The Unit is Attacked event should suit your purposes. Just set the animation of the attacking unit. Don't even need a damage detection system or anything.

I'm not 100% certain it will work though... it's conceivable that the crit animation will still overwrite it. In such a case it's probably best to just edit the model.

Great idea! Only problem is that the unit gets frozen after each attack on low attack speeds.

Attachments

• demo-critanimation.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 38
Level 13
Queue "stand ready" animation. Do note that some units do not have that specific animation, but still they will play their "stand" animation normally - The downside is that, for example, a footman might play an anim that doesn't fit being in a fight.

*footman attacks... then drinks from his bottle*

Another solution would be editing your model animation name with Mago's Model Editor, changing it from "attack slam" to "attack alternate" - that name is just an example. Then critical strike won't be able to play that anim anymore.

Attachments

• test.w3x
    93.2 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.