• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blackrock Enforcer.blp

These orcs are known to have a special bond with the mountain's molten core, especially when it comes to improve their weapons and armor.
They're mostly used as commanders and casters as well.

BrE_Prew.jpg

Keywords:
Orc, Blackrock, Enforcer, Wolf, chieftain
Contents

Blackrock Enforcer.blp (Texture)

Reviews
13:18, 19th Oct 2015 Kwaliti: The whole texture seems kinda 'milky', as in, the darkest parts aren't dark enough, while the lightest parts aren't either saturated enough or light enough. A simple contrast filter won't work on this. Try some level...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

13:18, 19th Oct 2015
Kwaliti:

The whole texture seems kinda 'milky', as in, the darkest parts aren't dark enough, while the lightest parts aren't either saturated enough or light enough. A simple contrast filter won't work on this. Try some level adjusting instead.

18:20, 9th Jan 2016
Archian: Status changed to pending on request from the author.

22:01, 10th Jan 2016
Archian: It's a nice reskin of Thrall. However, a few suggestions. First of, you should consider adding a black nose to the wolf. Secondly, while the face is nice I think it could use some darker contrast. Also, the thrall model doesn't have eyelids, which means that in the portrait the model will constantly have open eyes. Perhaps remove the pupils and go for a white/reddish eye color. Loving the mace, but I think some yellow highlights would fit it well.

14:33, 22nd Jan 2016
Archian: Took a second look at this texture. The pants of the orc and the head cloth of the wolf looks too much like the fur. You might wanna give the beforementioned some darker colors. They tend to blend in. Do you plan on updating this texture?

16:22, 2nd Feb 2016
Archian: Changes made. Approved!

On the orc, i'm not sure if that's a shirt, or armor or.. gorilla chest :xxd: sorry for being silly, but you'll have to make that look like something solid in shape and texture

Updated.

The blp is a little more contrasted.
Should be okay in-game.

Edit: For some reason the wolf's eyes area is damn stretched. Ideas?

C&C appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 11
well I be damned! I never knew you could texture so well. The chain-mail, the hair, the leather pants all look pretty good. This is a fine skin man, you are going in the right direction.

C&C: the only thing that bothers me, is the cloth like patch on top of the wolf's neck. It is the same color as the wolf's hide and melds with it.

Much better, now it looks like an actual armor :]
I'd also suggest adding in some skin to that.. eh.. wannabe-neck-area? right now it's really as if that metal is clamped around the neck supertight, almost cutting his head 'off' :xxd: make the upper edge of the armor and give the poor guy some breathing room :p

as for the head.. dunno really .u. thrall model has been a derpy wrap somewhat, but definitely not as much as arthas

C&C: the only thing that bothers me, is the cloth like patch on top of the wolf's neck. It is the same color as the wolf's hide and melds with it.

I added some belt thingies around that to make a bit of demarcation between it and the fur.

Much better, now it looks like an actual armor :]
I'd also suggest adding in some skin to that.. eh.. wannabe-neck-area? right now it's really as if that metal is clamped around the neck supertight, almost cutting his head 'off' :xxd: make the upper edge of the armor and give the poor guy some breathing room :p

Check it out now and tell me what you think. Sadly I can't cut more from the breast-plates since it already stretches awfully.

A really good skin, if only it had TC though :p

It has some on his 'saddle' and the hammer's handle ;)

You should make his skin more grey and not dark green.

Here's a lil' gray variation.

Last edited:
Level 10
It will remain dark green, just as I intended when I started the work on it.
I don't really mind scores.

I could attach a grey version here if you want that.

Lol my comment was kind of misleading I gave a 5/5 right away. But thank you for making a grey version!

I'd also would like to mention I LOVE the Blackrock furnace weapon and armor those are spot on.

Level 13
He will be a great Orc leader for the Black Rock Clan, I wonder if this skin would fit nicely with the wolf rider too.

Level 30
Wolf's eyes could use some minor adjusting so that the poor creature doesn't have it's nose stuck in vision field. Thrall model is ungrateful for that, I know.

I don't quite like the shoulder-pads and hammer colors, look out of place. I'd rather have something more medieval about, which would still fit the theme and be nice, but won't draw too much attention like current ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.