• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blackpyro Tyrant

A model which I am pretty proud of. Started from 6 March, ended today.
223928-albums5949-picture67175.gif

Model info:
  • It has 19 animations, excluding portrait
  • It is very tall
  • Concept is heavily influenced by Digimon

Editor options:
  • Run/Walk Speed: 525.00
  • Animation - Cast Point: 0.500
  • Scaling: 1.00 (Selection Size: 2.5)
  • Shadow: Center X - 100.00, Center Y - 140.00, Height 350.00, Width 280.00
  • Attack Backswing/Damage Point: 0.500
  • Attack Range: 128
  • Weapon Sound: Wood Light/Medium Bash
  • Voice: Tichondrius/Varimathas/Firelord (or if you have a better idea to use others)
  • Death time: 6.50/7.00

Test Map

Lastly, big thanks to PeeKay for his awesome icon

Keywords:
black, fire, pyro, flame, shade, dark, tyrant, boss, mummy, titan, creep, flame, tall, giant, fighter, shadow, strong
Contents

Blackpyro Tyrant (Model)

Reviews
21:04, 5th Apr 2013 Misha: it does work quite nicely ingame. you sure did a big amount of work on it, and fixed the attack-stepping issue, kudos :)

M

21:04, 5th Apr 2013
Misha: it does work quite nicely ingame.
you sure did a big amount of work on it, and fixed the attack-stepping issue, kudos :)

27th March: Death time for editor settings added.

5th April: Added collision object, test map remains unchanged.

10th April: Added new anims, minor change in mouth movement of portrait animation and remade the footwork in Attack 1 and 2.

13rd April: Added 2 new anims. The model now uses the oppsite foot to step forward during Attack 1/2.

--------------------
New test map is attached.

Attachments

• Blackpyro.w3x
    92 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I like how you've used the in-game textures. They look great.

Level 21
Looks really cool! Just keep in mind that when attacking, the foot comes forward before the swing, not after. The foot steps forward when the arm draws back. This adds more momentum and force to the hit as the body then has to shift forward. It should also step forward with the opposite leg of the swinging arm. I've made this mistake myself.

Last edited:
You know, all of the anims, were tested with my real body, I guess there were too much belly fat in my real body and I have no knowledge of martial arts. So that explains why there were mistake in the anims. Im glad that someone could detect the flaws in the anims, will try not to repeat these.

Its a tough job to animate those feet so it stays on ground D:

FOR THE OTHER COMMENTATORS, THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Wow, looks really cool and well-make. The textures are good to. What kind of program did you use to make it? 5/5
Most of the mesh (except head) were made with oinkerwinkle vertex modifier. The head was shaped via MDLVis.
UV wraps (except for the chest armor) are made with oinkerwinkle vertex modifier.
The chest armor is wrapped via MDLVIS.

Animations are made with MDLVis with little assistance from Magos.

Particle works are made with Magos.

Geosets added with Oinkerwinkle Geoset Merger.

Level 14
The model is very good. And, i also like that you made a test map so that i don't have to create it myself.
Everything is absolutely good.. but.. the walk animation kinda sucks ass. It's the only thing i don't like.
5/5 though! And +rep (when i spread some).

Level 6
Flawless model (i finally managed to put the model on my wc3) great amount of details, great animations, perfect for horror/suspense maps, highly recommended

Also i think you should make a new hero based on this model! It would blow minds away :goblin_yeah: