• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Black Hole Frenzy - Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
bUtVOKM.jpg

Black Hole Frenzy - Total War

This is 'nambo's freestyle' map. Story is fiction.

Story
Namzonia is a state where psycho occurrences often happen. It is derived from 'Nameless' and 'Nambo'. During Japanese World Domination in 2015, a guy named nambo creates a technology to beat the JP government, that is Black Hole Tech.

Black Hole Tech is a tool to create a demon out of Warcraft 3 released in 2003. Guess what? Smiling Angel aka Lachelnd Angel is born from nambo's family itself, murdering each and every family member, grinding their meat into working tools.

A week later, Smiling Angel destroy the entire planet using quantum technology that is 'Black Hole Interface' made by nambo.

Black Hole game is an experiment to ensure nambo's survival in another world line without chaos and pain, a quantum program to ensure Smiling Angel either disappears, or follow nambo in another realm.

In the quantum program, lies the path, psychopath nambo has gone through his entire life.

There are Tertia Castra, Pentaspastos, Prime Comes and Dai Gensui, four chapters of nambo's mind, which reflect Imperial, Native, Rotten Humans and the Japanese in Free Land called Namzonia.
In that Land, Smiling Angel is a symbol of unity. Of one of the noble families, is Tsarskoye. The heir not only kidnap people and collect their nails, but murder his own parents and aunt to collect their intestines. He lined up the intestines along his town, and this makes Smiling Angel happy. He is granted the title 'Nam-Bo' and is demonized as a God who promotes psychopath.

Smiling Angel is named Rex Tsar. 'Tsar' also resembles 'Gilgamesh' from Meso era. Tsar is an orphan. More like beggar. He hardly has enough food daily. He eat rubbish. He lick the drain water. He wear a hood.
Tsar is a good boy and from a rich family. He fled from his hometown in Piotr, one of the major cities in Namzonia to search for truth of life. Tsar helps anyone in need along his journey around Namzonia. But people didn't repay him. When he finally out of food supply and money, he settles in a stable by roadside. He cries every day.
One day, beggar Tsar saw his own brother buying some chewing gum at a stall. He glared at him. Considering he has lost more than 50 percent of his mind at that time, he strangled his brother in public.
Taking a wood spear by road side and stabbed his brother's genitals for a dozen times. Then dig his brother's throat to drag out the veins.
Public scream in terror. All the police surrounded him.
He smiled. With trembling hands and face, with veins wrapping his hands and blood everywhere, he said: ''My family never likes a stranger.''
He took the spear and swallowed it. At that moment nambo's code synchronized with him and the mortal body blown into pieces, causing him to be transmitted to nambo's world.

Map:
qsjvrmk.jpg

Gameplay: Warning: This is not compulsory and is changeable
Each time spawn for each unit is different. For example, Tertia Castra has four type of units:
Rorarii [Imperial Main Female Soldier] = spawn every 10 second
Alaris [Imperial Spear Thrower] = spawn every 40 second
Tagmatarchis [Imperial Axe Protector] = spawn every 60 second
Aeneator [Imperial Knight] = spawn every 50 second
Now we have 1 Rorarii, 1 Alaris, 1 Tagmatarchis and 1 Aeneator in Force 1.
So, we have 3 forces for each team, meaning 3 groups having 4 types of unit each assaulting three enemy bases at once as shown in the map.

Tertia Castra [Imperial Blood Elves]
ojNlao7.jpg

Pentaspastos [Native Blood Elves gaining infinity light from Smiling Angel]
bUQQc7S.jpg

Prime Comes [Human Race]
r78VlSP.jpg

Dai Gensui [Japanese-Western Race]
wBByiKP.jpg

n37SrKe.jpg
9BmrYY2.jpg
6GppUUM.jpg
09STfMI.jpg
WAQKIow.jpg
X2ZUQUA.jpg

I am tired! Man I'm sick of this. Need one month to do a super duper simple work? Some Merry X'mas celebration on last page? Man, enjoy it guys. When something pops up, I'll smile.

nambo is the only one working behind the scenes. Organizing every member's duties, write stories and ideas.
1. Teamwork is not helping each other. It just defies logic. Literally, it's helping me.
2. If I need like 3 people for example to work on terrain alone, I'm short of samples. Also, I need to know ur taste n ability.
3. Whether I'm good in GUI or JASS doesn't matter. I have my own part to be done.
4. I hate people ignore me. Since others are doing their part as a team, you have no right to ignore me.
5. Stop criticizing everything I had mentioned in previous pages in thread.
6. You must follow my instructions. Unless stated 'specifically' by me.
7. If you hate something I not yet implement, what's the point?
8. Miscellaneous members should not ignore me. I'll get sad. :(

Total Hiatus: nhocklanhox6, Jack of Hearts, bethmachine, Daffa the Mage, Whitewolf8

It's funny that this map has rules to follow when in fact it's a free-style map.
1. Annoying multiboards.
2. Delusional upgrades without changing swords literally.
3. Irregular size and monster spam.
4. Half-assed names and descriptions.
5. Make me go Halleluyah 'commands' and 'codes' by pressing 'Enter'.
6. Trees for oxygen. Mud to dirty foot.
7. Need an hour to kill a footman.
8. 5 hours exciting journey running here and there.
9. Delusional levelling.
10. How many formula you put inside the map. The creativity and the 'design' of the formula.
11. A list of modes even I don't understand wtf is happening.
12. Need to walk for 1 hour like a sick old man to regain mana or health.
13. Always need game message to tell player what to do.
14. Super long Hero description.
15. Need 1 hour to build a building, train a footman and research, respectively.

Notice:
Anyone want their names assimilated into the map, please PM me. But I cannot guarantee which part they'll be in.
It's either background story of Hero, event name, unit name etc.
I can also remove them whenever possible. =)

Note that I'll modify the name a bit to make it cooler, better but still relevant to it's owner. Please don't blame me if I accidentally insult ur precious names. =)
For example:
Jack of Hearts = Jack Heartily.
bethmachine = Beth Maximus.
Hera Psycho Operation
Geki Ou Renzokuken
This is for team members only. Any argument on whose names/units/abilities blah blah blah are better is invalid.
If you argue on that, I'll kick you out from the circle.

Last edited:
Level 6
Sounds like a good project, but i still don't really have a clue what kind of game youre trying to make. Please give some more explanation on everything youre doing, then I can help you with testing and ideas c:

By the way: Add some screenshots ASAP.

Good luck!

Level 5
The images in my album don't work for some reason.
Yup, of course it won't last. The same units would be very boring. Thus, we need a TEAM to include special 'effects' to it.
And this is a NEW type of gameplay. You can replace the armies using other foot-man alike units/change their names and properties. Or change the map to a better one/weather etc

I did this without relying on scripts, variables [ well, not the spells], gui and jass.
Well, pretty much my dream of what Warcraft 3 should be.

Anyone interested in beta testing it please send me a pm. I'll gladly welcome you. ^^

Last edited:
Level 5
Well, this is hardly beta yet. I'm waiting to make it to work for multiplayer. (not tested at the moment). I still got a lot of 'things' to make it a beta.

Thank you all for such great words.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Its like Footman Wars and Angel Arena hooked up and made out.

Level 5
Nothing is awkard. Only the resemblances that couldn't be avoided.

Which makes it even MORE awkard for me.
Please respect the team and its members, or even the map. Since you're a member yourself.

Level 4
Well, I know how to make Preview And Loading. ( but I'm not able to make a unique Image because I'm bad at drawing )
Know some AI system, can make your map play offline ( some like dota, dday - 1 hero AI ).
Know how to create a custom spell.
I would love to join in. ( but I'm busy with school and work, so , ) I will help as I can.
by the way, where I press to +rep

Level 7
Nambo, why dont we add many other stuff, like i've told you before :D
1. Boss Spawn at the center, drops an item on death, gives gold (Can be disabled from modes)
2. More custom abilities :D
3. Add UPGRADES for spawning units (To increase attack, defense, health, elements, etc.)
4. Custom Items :D
5. Hero Duel (Optional)
6. Towers (1 - 2 per team), to make the game longer and harder :D
7. Train units with gold (Units stronger than the normal spawned units)

Level 5
hi

1. Boss Spawn at the center, drops an item on death, gives gold (Can be disabled from modes)
Will do, but has some modification :)

2. More custom abilities :D
That's my aim for a while. :)

3. Add UPGRADES for spawning units (To increase attack, defense, health, elements, etc.)
We'll handle the army first.

4. Custom Items :D

5. Hero Duel (Optional)
Good one. :) But need certain triggers/conditions to activate it.

6. Towers (1 - 2 per team), to make the game longer and harder :D

7. Train units with gold (Units stronger than the normal spawned units)
This requires special summon. Nice addition to the ideas, man. :)

Level 6
cuz this is just a beta version, so ... :D
1. Icon crash
- Waylon Dukes's icon crash (when stop game)
- Face of void's icon crash (when stop game)
2. Terrain
- Still simple, and narrow with this type of game
- Make ground of each castle have it own style
3. Gameplay
- Rikugun unit doesn't have upgrade, and so as ittohei and some more
- Kill enemy hero give extreme gold
- I selected ability 'glow', and it give me nothing but waste a skill point :(
- Make unit upgradeable
- Make unit stronger
- Jottohei and Ittohei isn't so different from each other. Need range unit for them
- Make hero revive longer
- Maximum level of hero is 25 (with four skill and attribute) or 16 (with only four skill) or 30 (with six skill) or....
- Make fountain heal slowly, it's goddamn fast :\
many things more, but not right now :)

Level 5
1. Icon crash
It's custom icons I got from imported models. Any idea how not to make it crash?

2. I got plans for terrain.

3. I'm never fond of upgrades. I'm getting in touch with revive time etc.
-The units are armies, meant to be killed in one strike, is that really important? :)
-There's no logic in upgrades because soldier still soldier. That soldier didn't get a new sword [literally] and is completely delusional when it comes to upgrades.
-Hero Glow is important because it brings 'attention'. If you notice, you can hardly notice Saharis in the middle of crowd. :)

I need more ideas. Keep it coming, man.

Level 4
It's custom icons I got from imported models. Any idea how not to make it crash?

2. I got plans for terrain.

3. I'm never fond of upgrades. I'm getting in touch with revive time etc.
-The units are armies, meant to be killed in one strike, is that really important? :)
-There's no logic in upgrades because soldier still soldier. That soldier didn't get a new sword [literally] and is completely delusional when it comes to upgrades.
-Hero Glow is important because it brings 'attention'. If you notice, you can hardly notice Saharis in the middle of crowd. :)

I need more ideas. Keep it coming, man.
I love to mocking so here:
... sodier didnt get a new sword . . .

Why dont have some effect on it , and attact to hand, that make different

if sodier is useless and kill by one hit, why they ever exist ?

Hero Glow should be in a spell book, and be disable from player. So it automatic Glow, without waste a skill point.

1. How icon crash ? Any image ?

Level 5
1. Icon becomes green.
3. Not really a hit. More like size of sword + moment of impact. Should be at least two hits to kill a soldier to be killed by Hero.
-No good attachment point. Most items are focused on villager model. It's either too big/enter the head/out of place. etc

Spell book? Item? Need to change the gold coin crest model to a script model.

I tested something yesterday. Armies are extremely laggy, even only filling around 60 percent of the map. -_-
Got any idea how to reduce lag?

Level 6
according to gameplay, i can see this map is near like footmen frenzy but has some part of AoS like DoTA (i like your idea). So i suggest you should make creep stronger (one skill equal many gold seem imba :\) and why i said you should make creep upgradeable cuz i saw some unit can upgrade (zero upgrade, u know where is it) and more player (P/s:more ideas will come ;), wait)

Level 5
I often misunderstood this but is creep = army? Not neutral hostile?
Which unit can upgrade? So far, only Rikugun can change sword.
The others are fixed.

Bounty/gold system is not stable yet. Prefer stabilize it when mercenary angels/warriors are available.

Level 4
Suggestions and opinions:
-Change the appearance of the spawning units and make it different from each player's units.
-remove the townportal from the inventory
-have tiers for the items, or make another inventory for each hero
-improve the terrain
-block the spawning units from entering the healing area
-make the heroes invulnerable when they enter the healing area and then make them vulnerable when the leave the healing area
-either reduced the HP of the "waygate" thingy or increase the HP and the damage dealt by the spawning units
-make the heroes....look like heroes..not one of the spawning units...

That's all for now I'll keep playing the map to find more stuff to change.
Good luck in that project I wish to see this project rise in the ranks :D

Level 5
Thanks for confirmation, Hera-chan.

Change the appearance
They're different. Do you mean units of a team? Then, it would be ugly because the 'color' is not uniform. If you mean changing
1.girl swordswoman:
female 2 male
2. axe to king’s guard
3. spear-t. to blood lieutenant female
4. knight to imperial native knight

then it is still early yet.

remove the townportal
Town portal? It got some use later in the future.

have tiers for the items, or make another inventory for each hero
Items? When Hero can actually wear the 'item' in public.

Units just went past the healing area, not going into it, unless chasing a Hero.
Enemy heroes together with own hero in healing area is just awkward when they don't fight. [no damage anyway]

make the heroes....look like heroes..not one of the spawning units
You mean Saharis? He is special case. Most does not look the same.
I may ask Xi to skin footman to add one more Hero that looks like unit.

Building Hp n stuff is related with objective.

Last edited:
Level 5
Not crash. It's icon not found-Green. :)

make each player's spawning area a portal to that healing area?
Nice. Sending a few units to be slaughtered there seems okay to me.
-Disable regeneration mode.
-God Nambo mode.
-A demon claiming himself demon 'God Nambo' corrupt the regeneration area with blight
-Psycho mode. Yandere song in the bg. Bacterial Contamination by Calne Ca.
-Teleported unit exploded on the field. Making it blood festival.

Last edited:
Level 23
^You don't need to import 4 icons. You just need 2 at the least. 1 for the Active (could be Passive) and 1 for the disabled.

Anyway, I've tested out the map and I got a long list of suggestions. If you are will to read all through them, then please do.
  1. Why does heroes cost 50,000 gold? If you want the player to have limited heroes, add something like this to your map initialization:
    • Map Initialization
      • Events
        • Map initialization
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set Player[1] = Player 1 (Red)
        • Set Player[2] = Player 2 (Blue)
        • Set Player[3] = Player 3 (Teal)
        • Set Player[4] = Player 4 (Purple)
        • Set PlayerCount = 4
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to PlayerCount, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for Player[(Integer A)]
  2. I suggest limiting the use of 1 hero type to one player only. Like if I pick Lord Gregarius, other players won't be able to pick him.
  3. Once the player buys a hero, select it through this trigger action:
    • Selection - Select (Triggering unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  4. Add hero glow to your heroes. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=138756
  5. Change Lord Gregarius' icon. His icon ATM is a skin, perhaps for this unit.
  6. Prevent battle in the healing area by making them invulnerable then vulnerable again once they leave the healing area.
  7. Limit the player from entering the healing area too much as this feature could be abused by players.
  8. Do not add more stuff yet. Focus on improving the current state of your map first as it needs a lot of improvement ATM.
  9. I think it would be better if players won't have control over the 'army'. Controlling them is pointless as there isn't much space in the map to move around and no matter how much you control them, they will always engage in battle anyways.
  10. Create an automatic revive system or notify the players on how they could revive their heroes through game texts. I waited for my hero to respawn up until I selected my home base and saw my hero's revive icon.
  11. Add side tasks and more strategy to the game. It's boring to just watch units killing each other up until all their home bases are destroyed.
  12. Make heroes level up faster.
  13. Make your map a little more bigger, perhaps 64x64 so that there could be much more room for gameplay. Your map right now, which is 32x32, is too small to have any sort of strategy to be formulated and to contain such mass of units.
  14. Move the hero selection to a more secluded spot.
  15. IMO, it's better to not let any unit enter the healing area if they're in battle since it would definitely be abused.
  16. Make heroes much more worth to kill. Right now, they give as much bounty as the units which is bad.
  17. Notify players if they killed or their hero was killed.
  18. Make a multiboard to keep track of the hero kills, unit kills etc. Players will have some sense of achievement especially if they're in the top of the charts of the most kills.
  19. Improve the terrain. This one will give better visuals to the game and it will attract players more.
  20. Use triggers more often. This is definitely one of the important parts of a map which makes it fun and unique especially if you create triggers for events, custom spells, etc.. Right now, I can observe that you are using minimal amount of triggers and is focusing more on using the object editor stuff. Now that you have Malhorne in your team, I know this map will improve big time. :)
  21. Make units a tad more stronger in a sense that they won't be killed immediately by spells. If you do this, make sure you lengthen the spawn time so that the map won't be flooded by units.
  22. Add obstacles to the map, perhaps some trees so that strategies can be used rather than an all out hack and slash in an open field.
  23. Once a unit starts decaying, remove it immediately to prevent lag due to the sheer amount of units in the map.

I had a lot more to suggest but I guess I forgot them while I was writing. Anyway, GJ and I hope you improve this map more. :D

EDIT : the first sentence was meant for ngkn92 but before I posted, there was already a lot of replies. xD

Level 5
Terrain is in pending.
EDIT: Hera-chan, didn't notice your post posted before me. :)
EDIT: You added the numbers. But my points would be in random. Pls don't mind.
I prefer numbering which makes it easier for me, next time. :)
I've mentioned few posts before this for some. So I'll just touched the untouched/can be touched.
NOTE THESE CAN BE CHANGED:
1. Yup. I use the Glow method taught.
2. Limit one hero already in stock.
3. Abuse. That's the fun part.
4. Different color. That doesn't make them known to each other.
5. Automatic revive system? Sometimes it's always nice to look at people fighting.
6. I never add anything, just add in my stock.
7. I hate levelling system. But it can be done.
8. Small map is nice. Just erase everything and restart it. Since it's a living game by Nambo.
9. Bigger map when I got better unit ai.
10. Hero selection. Everyone got it.
11. Units cannot survive in regeneration area.
12. Multiboard is annoying.
13. Trees are annoying.
14. I like 'remove decaying'. Maybe there is a way to remove corpse as soon as possible to reduce lag.
15. I hate strong soldier. Soldier measures their strength using dead time, not stamina.

Give more, Hera-chan. I'll welcome ur opinions. :)
Note that normal norm of creating map won't affect me. Since it's our map. We have total freedom in everything. :p

Last edited:
Level 6
@Hera you said everything i can say XD
@nambo about hero selection, how about make hero cost some food to limit the amount, and i'm a bit meanful, so i dont like spending 50k gold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.