• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A Melee map for 2 Players.
Map Description:

Since the war rages in Lordaeron, more people flee in the rolling hills of the black forest, bringing crime and diseases in the region. Pray that the dragons won't get to hungry...

The map is bigger as you may think on the first look, because it is pretty thin, but also pretty long. The players start in the very south/north area on the map.
Each player has a goldmine to expand.

Neutrals:
2 Taverns
2 Black dragon lairs
1 Mercenary Camp
1 Goblin Merchant

[highlight]Item Levels:[/code] 0-8
[highlight]Creep Levels:[/code] 1-10

This is my second melee map so far

EDIT: Added Doodads and remade the water area (there is a bridge now and the cliffs look better)
EDIT: The Bridge is no longer floating in the air and the landscape looks more natural.
EDIT: Removed the floating rocks and some passives

Blackforest_screenshot_1.jpg

BlackForest_Scrrenshot_2.jpg

BlackForest_Screenshot_3.jpg
Contents

Black Forest (Map)

Reviews
17:56, 7th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Approved 12:52, 5th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) Cweener: Rejected (until updated) Post. Hay, ap0 again: thou shallt add a description! - Or wait, I retrieved your old description, there...

M

17:56, 7th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

12:52, 5th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Cweener: Rejected (until updated)
Post.

Hay, ap0 again: thou shallt add a description!
- Or wait, I retrieved your old description, there ya go! Approved (although still lacking).

Nice idea!
Description is acceptable!
Acceptable number of gold mines and Camps/Neutral Buildings

Will give few suggestion about terrain later :thumbs_up:

EDIT:

There is space between trees!
Small units can hide there (wisp, peasant etc)
attachment.php

Terrain NOW!
(Empty, no birds or other animals, few environment doodads, no lightning effect)
attachment.php

Terrain AFTER 1 MIN (my work)!
(Birds, Large number of environment doodads, lightning effect)
attachment.php

Grrr this part is terrible, if you keep this this way, map WILL BE rejected!
There is no room for 2 units that can pass there!
Imagine whole army!
Also whole terrain is really bad!
Blizzard cliffs must be edited with rise or lower toll after creating ramp!
attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Level 18
Black Forest Review

Black Forest is a 1v1 Melee map made by Doggiefruit.

Well, not a complete catastrophe as a melee, but it needs fixes, mostly in the terrain part. What needs fixing?

The bridge is floating, when you zoom in you can see it. The height tool is overused and it looks pretty messy and ugly. Whats with the random neutral passive units? Why is one building in the village burning?

Too many bandits are placed at the bandit camps. Some dodoads just don't fit, such as the columns. There are to many destructibles in my opinion.

Although well balanced since it's symmetrical, drops decently done, the map lacks in terrain. Work on it a bit more and perhaps it will get approved.

Level 2
Well, you are right in some points and i fixed them now and to answer your questions: What about the neutral passive units? Well they're there, i don´t think that they are disturbing somehow and the buildings are burning because they´re next to the dragons.