• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Birth of Shadows

A very good RPG, you should play it ;)

"Birth of Shadows is a single player RPG in campaign format.

You are advised to use the following settings during gameplay:

Recommended computer resolution: 1280 x 1024
Set Volume to 100%

(Used during beta testing)

Notes: Your hero can not be revived! Therefore it is important to save often.
If we add that dying in this RPG can happen often, saving becomes crucial. Attacking your ally will also end up with defeat. The last cinematic in map 2 (campaign button number 2) may cause lag for people with slow computers.
If that happens, you may skip it by pressing Esc."

Campaign by: TheGreatNoob & MuldaV
Uploader: Herogod
Contents

Birth of Shadows (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Originally Director's Choice at wc3search.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Originally Director's Choice at wc3search.

Level 13
Incredible campaign! Good gameplay, awesome videos, custom voices and an interesting story! I give it a 10/10. Shame story isn't finished yet...

Level 1
Can some1 give me the answer for the riddles plz , i found out only mercury...
Ithough for the shapes and sizes riddles was a key... and the other a feather.. but no clue , i tried A LOT.
BTW awsome map 10/10

Level 9
Uhh... It got broken? Good thing I DL'ed before it broke :))
If anyone wants I can re-upload it, or ask Herogod to update.

Its a really nice campaign, 10/10

If you add .w3n it should work. Yixx tested that.

Last edited:
Level 6
So after four years, I'm here again.

And now I can't download the map.

Someone should fix this up.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A campaign with voice acting. Not the best, but better than some other campaigns.

-how did they know Nermon had an apprentice that was going towards the places where the assassins were waiting?
-"I will reveal the fog of war over there"....
-Wood Elves and High Elves are a combination of nelves and helves; so are the Fire Elves
-two Healing Salves just lying on the ground just outside the south exit of the Fire Elves base
-units selected during cinematic mode
-some Dragonhawks followed the hero to the orange elves base and their leader went to battle them so in the cinematic scene he was talking but not there
-some Bandits may come through thin tree placements; check pathing
-"I have been waiting for you for a long time." Really!? That's why he had the Tauren blocking the way?
-could make the gates opened by Moon Keys to actually look like gates
-so, there's a latency before the reinforcements change owner to the player's control
-well, the sitxh wave didn't come yet (timer) and the line with survive six waves was grayed
-how/where did the snakewoman hide and how did she get past the defenses?
-anyway, this level's concept is neat
-the Warrior's voice changed when meeting Thorondir after getting out of the tauren arena
-those stupid trolls can't even get rid of some wolves, not even after beating the big bad one
-tents reappeared when coming back to the previous level
-well, why didn't they just kill Thorondir?
-make the circles of teleportation only move the entering unit when the circle is clicked
-so the northeners just throw people in jail after talking 1 minute with them?
-why are they keeping undead locked?
-why wouldn't the big blue boss hold the key :D?
-they're called Stonebull in this level but in the first one it's Stonbull
-invulnerable creeps I guess until the 20 mins run out?
-kind of weird that the undead gets past bears and none of them engage
-I guess Thorondir's stats can't be customized
-why is the hero orange like those elves?
-boss fights would be better in a locked area since the Fel Orcs the portals spawn just go up and down and the heroes can go east and drag and kill the orcs few by few

3/5.

Level 4
I have been looking for this for some years, glad to find it through some random youtube gameplay of this mod. And apparently it still works, from what I can see. Thank you.

Level 13
Of all RPG games I've played so far, this definitely tops the list. Lots of action, excellent custom music (and voices), interesting items (and many), lots of surprises, interesting side quests, interesting story, the most interesting and funny CREDITS I've ever seen. I strongly recommend.

7719-100Satisf-80-73.png
7719-HQ-135-68.png

Last edited: