• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BioScan [GUI - MUI] v1.7

BioScan:
Massive energy pulls the target in the air and drains the life out of it.

Duration: 20/15/10
Damage per second: 20/40/60
Pulled height: 400
Armor Reduce: 4

documentation and tooltips will be added soon (no they won't :c ).

Updates:
v1.0 released.
v1.7 add some sfx; add damage intervall (now it's not so much imba);
removed unit height (because only ground units can be casted);
added Armor Reduce; fixed some other things

if you found bugs or leaks plz PM me.

Update 31.8.14: Updated Hive description

Keywords:
Scan; circiling; GUI; MUI; Epic
Contents

BioScan (Map)

Reviews
18:17, 11th Jun 2009 hvo-busterkomo: Looks both leak free and MUI. It supports multiple levels and looks good visually. An improvement would to have the spell interrupted if the caster stops channeling the ability.

M

18:17, 11th Jun 2009
hvo-busterkomo: Looks both leak free and MUI. It supports multiple levels and looks good visually. An improvement would to have the spell interrupted if the caster stops channeling the ability.

Level 17
Ooo one by hell_gate... checking ;)

EDIT:
I believe elevation of the unit could be nicer by using Special effects in a more evil manner... I don't know but there's this "WOW" essence missing at the point of the effects :S

I'm not going to check your GUI, but see why your Jass is not working isntead...

EDIT:
Ok here's the problem, you converted from the GUI and tried to work with the Jass version...
Very bad idea!
Jass is different, start fresh and make Jass for that's much simpler!

And as I've noticed, you still need to learn alot of Jass... here's my advice, start making a Blink Strike in Jass ;)

Make it perfect, no leaks, no BJ's, forget GUI and work freshly with a blank trigger in Jass :)

Best of Luck and feel free to contact me for help :D

Level 15
Make it perfect, no leaks, no BJ's, forget GUI and work freshly with a blank trigger in Jass :)

Best of Luck and feel free to contact me for help :D

Dunno if thats such a great idea
I learned alot with converting from GUI to Jass

If your Jass Version is not working, why dont you delete it in your submission?
A bit more documentaion would be not bad too, or atleast a Tooltip for the spell... :/

Level 14

If your Jass Version is not working, why dont you delete it in your submission?
A bit more documentaion would be not bad too, or atleast a Tooltip for the spell... :/

hell gate said:
documentation and tooltips will added soon.

deleted....

Level 17
-JonNny said:
Well I guess everyone has his own way of learning :p
Converting from GUI to Jass only helped me know that you should add the Init stuff in the trigger (those that come in the end of the trigger by default)...

And if I'm to convert from GUI to Jass it's just to check the name of some function or so...

Level 12
Only thing want complain on is that the lifting and dropping of the unit looks weird.
Maybe you should at least make the drop accelerate. In real life, a free fall accelerates
with about 10 meters/second^^

Level 10
Didn't look through triggering but I guess it is good. The effects seemed good enough and matched the spell. But you could also make the lightning rotate around the target while spinning around. So it will get fully scanned. 3.5/5 but it can be rounded up to 4/5.