• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better Equipped orcs

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
This is a small change to the default orc units.
I kept the original feel of the units and just added a bit more protection and better weapons
I will update the post soon with the rest of the orc units

Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.

Updates:
  • Change the wolfrider armor a bit / added a more armored version
  • Added a more armored wyvern rider and Kodobeast rider
  • Gave the peon a much needed hammer for proper contruction
Previews
Contents

Better armored Grunt (Model)

Better armored Grunt Alternate (Model)

Better armored Grunt Alternate Portrait (Model)

Better armored Grunt Portrait (Model)

Better armored Raider (Model)

Better armored Raider Alternate (Model)

Better armored Raider Alternate Portrait (Model)

Better armored Raider Portrait (Model)

Better armored Shaman (Model)

Better armored Shaman Portrait (Model)

Better equipped peon (Model)

Better equipped peon portrait (Model)

Kodobeast (Model)

Kodobeast portrait (Model)

Wyvern Rider (Model)

Wyvern Rider portrait (Model)

Level 35
Hmm what's the difference between the Original and well this?
The units have more armor & better weapons
  • Grunt (same armor on his left and right side plus plate armor on his knees)
  • Raider (better armor for raider and wolf / added shoulderpad and a big cool axe to the raider)
  • Shaman (just gave him all the armor form his left arm to the right)
  • Wyvern (more armor the the rider and the mount)
  • Kodobeast (gave a proper helmet to the raider/covered his back side / made the shoulders larger because the skin was showing with the original ones)

Level 35
Great update!
Thank you friend. If you want to use them like I am remember to delete the old ones.
These are not just some additions I updated the first models too. Like raiders have nazgrel cinematic animations and more armor components.
Btw in a few seconds I will upload 1 more update for the grunts

Last edited:
Level 5
The original models you made before this update can they be used aswell for more unit models? Cause they look awsome.

Level 35
The original models you made before this update can they be used aswell for more unit models? Cause they look awsome.
Well the difference between the update and the ones before were:
  • shaman had the beard
  • grunts did not have the dagger behind and alternate grunt did not have garthok armbands
If you are looking for more unit models with simple changes you can request on my side your ideas. Also I suggest looking into Bagysta work. He made grunts for all clans
I made mine in order to give the original a more protective look and better equiped without exagerating too much with the armor and weapons :D

Level 5
Well the difference between the update and the ones before were:
  • shaman had the beard
  • grunts did not have the dagger behind and alternate grunt did not have garthok armbands
If you are looking for more unit models with simple changes you can request on my side your ideas. Also I suggest looking into Bagysta work. He made grunts for all clans
I made mine in order to give the original a more protective look and better equiped without exagerating too much with the armor and weapons :D
Yes I get it. But if I have the old model of grunt alternate the one with axe, beard and normal armor not this one with the garthok mace. Can I still use that aswell? Like use both models in the same map even tho the other one is an older version? Without breaking some rules of the models ?

Level 35
Yes I get it. But if I have the old model of grunt alternate the one with axe, beard and normal armor not this one with the garthok mace. Can I still use that aswell? Like use both models in the same map even tho the other one is an older version? Without breaking some rules of the models ?
Yeap you can use that 1 too. Just change it's name when adding it with world editor ;)

Level 12
I think the mace of the grunt is overkill. I know it's Garthok's mace, but it is still boss-sized. For a mass unit like the Grunt, even if a better equipped one, a smaller mace would work better. It can be a lot smaller and still big enough to hurt. :D

Level 35
I think the mace of the grunt is overkill. I know it's Garthok's mace, but it is still boss-sized. For a mass unit like the Grunt, even if a better equipped one, a smaller mace would work better. It can be a lot smaller and still big enough to hurt. :D
in my better equipped models garthock has a better weapon :D
Also, I am in the process of updating all my old models. Repair what is bad (animations/look) and make the smaller for map/campaign uses