1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Rui, Jan 22, 2012.

1. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    ummm Whitewolf...did you manage the my dragons are purple achievement??and if so...how do you complete it??

2. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    for me, "guerras oscuras" (shadow wars), it was so epic and got complete with 30+ levels, however since it's in spanish and has wow rips it couldn't be uploaded here.

3. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would vote for Day of the Dragon or The Last Guardian if I could. (If I have only one choose then The Last Guardian.)

4. Vitchie08

Vitchie08

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ---------------- I Lealy Lealy Like IT ---------------

5. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Day of the Dragon no doubt, even if the campaign didn't follow the storyline correctly and a few things that didn't exist in the book where added into the campaign it's the best damned campaign ever.

6. Xilent

Xilent

Resources:
    Resources:
    To the bitter end!!!

7. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wanderers Of Sorceria has me as a definite fan...the fact that you can somewhat change how the outcome of the story occurs makes players kinda wanna replay it ALL OVER again..it's just an EXTRA incentive that your exp is carried over...

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't get it. What's the big deal with importing wow models in W3 ? It's not like you sell the campaign or anything.

9. helekiller

helekiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    chosen ones is best, if u disagree u probably didnt play it :p

10. DD Canada

DD Canada

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

I have played TCO, but in the long run I'd still prefer to Wanderers of Sorceria.

First of a kind's industry earns the advantage, even if it was but only during the early period.

11. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, yes. The classic ''You don't agree with me, therefore you are wrong'' logic.

12. Arthas

Arthas

Resources:
    Resources:
    dwarf campaign its my favorite.

13. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably the absolute best such campaign ever made on this engine in terms of story, puzzles, etc. ...however, Heroes of Genesia is a fucking diamond in the dirt, untouched by many. I suggest everyone gives it a try!

14. corellius

corellius

Resources:
    Resources:
    the mathias campagin series is hands down the best
    then to the bitter end in a close second

15. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    This ^
    Did not enjoy Joe's Quest that much actually, but Modork's Quest for sure. IMO the best campaign here on THW :)

16. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Black Company.

17. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Dwarf Campaign is awesome, followed by the Nature's Call - The Spider Queen and To The Bitter End :cgrin:

18. AntoMarc

AntoMarc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wanderers of Sorceria is definitely the best custom campaign ever made for this game. At some points it is even better than the original campaigns made by Blizzard. It combines altered melee, AoS, defense, arena and top notch RPG with dozens of mini-games. You can see that Razorclaw put an huge effort making this series. Also the story is one of the best I've ever seen with a lot of twists and great development of the characters. If you haven't played it yet I suggest to do it as soon as possible because you're missing one of the jewels of this game.

19. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would be torn between either Dwarf Campaign, due to it's simplistic nature, and the Adventures of Rowan the Wise, because of the great quests that make a campaign different from several melee maps placed together. I usually prefer campaigns that don't have so much grinding in them, such as the Norj'hal Elves, which although I admit is worth playing, doesn't appeal to me so much. I like games that have simple but satisfying terrain, not overdone or too great (partially because my computer is crap).

Other notable mentions would be The Chosen Ones and Hoof of Honor.

It's like taking someone else's short story and just changing the names around and playing with the words. Essentially, as much as I hate it, piracy. And, it's not your work so you're receiving credit for something you did not do. Besides, the filesizes are a shitload. Read this.

20. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I downloaded the Norj'Hal Elves and I honestly did not like it, I didn't understand what else was to it than the grinding of creeps, I even got surprised it was hosted at a section as supposedly strict as Wc3Campaigns. I preferred Hoof of Honor over it, at least the skills of the main hero were interesting and the storyline was sort of good.

EDIT: And hi Arcisal =P