• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
what is the best tool for making models i have tried a couple but i never really liked any of them like there features a what not. they would be missing something that another one had. i guess i am asking what tools do u guys use for making models and what ones are the best over all. i have probably been using the worst ones.

so what tools do you use?

pkw

pkw

Level 9
what is the best tool for making models i have tried a couple but i never really liked any of them like there features a what not. they would be missing something that another one had. i guess i am asking what tools do u guys use for making models and what ones are the best over all. i have probably been using the worst ones.

You could try Milkshape (Cheaper than 3ds Max) or Gmax (free)

Level 25

Best tool for you is Gmax . Gmax is free and easy tool where you can also Google and follow 3Ds max basic tutorials and later you can transcend to 3Ds max itself. Or you can start from 3Ds max that is even better.
But the best part is Gmax > Milkshape 3D

When you learn the basics then take a look at this script http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...mdl-kit-for-3dsmax-6-to-2009-and-gmax-115767/.
The NeoDex script allows you to export models in mdl format and use them in your map.

Level 11
Best: Magos + 3dsmax9 + NeoDex + 3dsmax5 + Wc3ArtTools ? He ONLY asked what is best tool.

Basic: Milkshape, Gmax but I only tried those program, never really used them... but how I head they are pretty nice. But with 3dsmax5 you can do anything...

oh, wow, neodex can export animation? i thought it was just a better version of dex, but not that good, i'll get modeling >:D

Actually old' grant dex was able to export animations correctly, but it was a pain in the arse to get it to work.

With NeoDex you can export animations as good as Art Tools, it even supports TCB Controllers and smooth rotations which milkshape can't.

Look at the tutorial in my signature for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.