• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best base ability for single-target missiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've been having trouble finding a base ability that didn't have stun (Storm Bolt, Fireball), or a damage display (Shadow Strike). The problem with those that have stun is if you set it to 0 it just lasts indefinitely.

Is there an ability I'm missing?

Level 19
acid bomb
shadow strike
hurl boulder
poison arrows

only acid bomb works.

shadow strike has the text tag
hurl boulder stuns
poison arrows isnt a spell, its an attack modifier.

to OP: you can use 0.01 for the stun and it will simply order the unit to stop. Acid bomb works but there are some fields that need to be fixed to behave like others (buff duration, missile arc, DPS, etc.)

Level 19
I don't see how this has anything to do with any DDS...

Yet your knowledge of spells is the worst.

See your sig, please. Everything i said was correct and I was fine in assuming that the OP did not intend on using a DDS. How do you think hes going to deal damage if he uses a shadow strike with zero damage? He could trigger it with Starts the effect of an ability but thats nasty, or use DDS.

E/ its actually possible to hide the shadow strike damage by importing a MiscData.txt with shadow strike texttag transparency set to 255

Level 10
I normally use Chain Lightning or Death Finger and only as a hint If you use a DDS (best is Bribes) simply set the damage for example by Stormbolt to 0.01 damage then trigger if DamageDone = 0.01 set DamageDone = 30 so the damage gets perfectly detected and modified after it hit the target.

With this system you only have to set all spells you are gonna using to another number between for example 0.01 - 1.00 and you have 100 spaces for different damageamounts, I tested it 2 years ago. It was pretty awesome you can also detect Damage over Time Effects like that and create Healing Spells by using damage spells and turn the DamageDone to for example -400.

Status
Not open for further replies.