• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Custom" ability that can target ground ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, im making an map and im having trouble with an ability, its based on the ability "Storm Bolt" and i havent modified anything but the model, cooldown etc. , i want to be able to use it (throw a storm bolt) on the ground, and if it hits anything in an pretty small area (100 range maybe), stunning it and doing 50 dmg , i have tried in a couple of hours to do this so plz help me :p Maybe im just missing something.
If you didnt get this then in short i want to make an ability exactly like "storm bolt" just not bound by a unit, but able to target everything......Hope you get it:hohum:

Thx :grin:

Level 2
make a abillity modified from channel, when targeting a unit, the unit cast storm bolt, when targeting ground make amodify of cluster rockets it then will cast

Well, the ability should ONLY be able to target ground, the purpose of this was to avoid the "heat seeking missile" if u know what i mean, plz tell me if i misunderstood your reply, but it just sounds like you mean that i then would be able to target ground as well as targeting units, which wasnt what i meant (sorry for first post:hohum:).

Thx for the quick response anyways dude :grin:

Level 2
Hmm, everything youve said so far seems logical :)P) , but now ive (at least tried) to modify "Cluster Rockets" to something more similar to what i want (model, animation names, dmg interval, effect duration etc. etc.) , but all i can do is "set" my target, and then it casts; nothing happens, the enemies dont take dmg or get stunned, he doenst even cast the storm bolt, WTF ?

EDIT: I, the retard, have of course from earlier tries made an trigger that stops the unit from casting, when it starts casting :p So as i said the fault made was by me, everything worked out as i wanted it to, so +rep , thx !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.